It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 15:02

Text Size

Question about Bug Fixes

Continuing Development of MicroProse's Magic: The Gathering!

Moderators: BAgate, drool66, Aswan jaguar, gmzombie, stassy, CCGHQ Admins

Question about Bug Fixes

Postby Psychodabble » 03 Apr 2012, 20:53

First, big thanks to everybody around here for all the hard work they do.
Second, please forgive my noobness, the answer to this may be obvious, but I don't get it.
Third, my question: I reported a bug that Gargaroz quickly responded to and moved into the fixed archive, but how do I get the fix? Is there a download or attachment I'm not seeing? Do I need to patch?

Thanks in advance.
Psychodabble

Re: Question about Bug Fixes

Postby CirothUngol » 03 Apr 2012, 23:42

An all-inclusive Manalink Update will appear in the Patches Thread when it's ready for distribution (often every month or two). It will contain newly coded cards, bug fixes, and anything else the developers have finished and wish to distribute. If the bug has been marked as "fixed" then it will show up in the next Manalink Update.

...patience Grasshopper. ^_^
"I thought the day had brought enough horrors for our ragged band, but the night was far worse."
-Lucilde Fiksdotter

Shandalar 2012 Revisited
Magic: The Gathering Abandonware
CirothUngol
Programmer

Postby Psychodabble » 04 Apr 2012, 10:45

Ah, ok. Thanks very much I understand now.
Psychodabble

Postby Aswan jaguar » 04 Apr 2012, 13:47

Also,look at first page of last update now and then as a v2 of that update may come out with bug fixes and other staff.
---
Trying to squash some bugs and playtesting.
Aswan jaguar
Super Tester Elite

Postby Psychodabble » 05 Apr 2012, 11:30

Aswan jaguar wrote:Also,look at first page of last update now and then as a v2 of that update may come out with bug fixes and other staff.
Will do that. Is there anyway to verify which update I'm using? I looked back at the thread and I'm not sure now if I got v1 or v2.
Psychodabble

Postby CirothUngol » 05 Apr 2012, 12:46

...check the Magic.exe. The newest one is:

Size: 3,186,688 bytes
Modified: Sunday, ‎March ‎18, ‎2012, ‏‎5:04:00 PM
"I thought the day had brought enough horrors for our ragged band, but the night was far worse."
-Lucilde Fiksdotter

Shandalar 2012 Revisited
Magic: The Gathering Abandonware
CirothUngol
Programmer

Postby Psychodabble » 18 Apr 2012, 11:54

I've got another question, I figured I'd toss it in here instead of cluttering the boards with another thread. I've been trying to report all of the bugs I find lately and I've been hitting a lot of them that all seem to share the same root. There was once a topic in the Bug Reports section called "Simultaneous Triggered Effect Trouble", but it has been merged into the "Olds Report" section. My question is this: what is the "Olds Report" section? These things aren't fixed, so the issue is still relevant, but having it merged in with the Olds Reports makes it very difficult to track what has or hasn't been reported. Are these issues unfixable? If so, why aren't they in the unfixable/hardcode section? Would it be right for me to make a new topic to deal with Simultaneous Triggered Effect Trouble?
Psychodabble

Postby stassy » 18 Apr 2012, 14:10

Old reports are archived report that didn't get fixed by a dev but were verified. Unfortunately with the amount of bug submitted and the enormous amount of work to be done, they slip past the devs attention and have to be archived like that in order to avoid cluttering the Bug section. Sometimes, no answer is made because it's out of theirs abilities or it's in their low priority list.

Posting in Old Report, Fixed bug and Unfixed bug will not get dev attention as they are considered archives.

Your best bet is to submit again the bug with a lot of details (savegame compatible with latest update, screenshot...) so you can get their attention again and be sure if they can be fixed or not, of course if the bug has not been tagged as fixed or unfixable already (you can use the search tool in the bug section to verify that, not the search tool in top of the forum or it will search outside Manalink forums).
stassy

Return to ManaLink 3.0