It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 18:10

Text Size

Game Crashes - Is there a way to avoid? The Future?

Continuing Development of MicroProse's Magic: The Gathering!

Moderators: BAgate, drool66, Aswan jaguar, gmzombie, stassy, CCGHQ Admins

Game Crashes - Is there a way to avoid? The Future?

Postby gabeiq » 05 Jun 2012, 18:06

I discovered the project late 2009 and played it til early 2011.... not that the game dindnt crash before, but its crashing mutch more now! Especially in the challenges!

Is there a way to avoid crashes, Im running W7, DEP or no DEP doesnt make difference here.... will virtual machine w95/98/xp (dont know if these are compatible with the new 3.0 .dll) or compatibility mode help me?

Is the crashes a side effect of the new card codes or the 2k limit break?

Are we going in a way where developers will be able to rewrite te code or in a way where the game will be just barely playable?
gabeiq

Re: Game Crashes - Is there a way to avoid? The Future?

Postby stassy » 06 Jun 2012, 03:27

The previous 2K limit version of the game was affected by a major slowdown due to the game engine which was corrected for the ML3 version.

However, we are facing now a new problem which involves the new official Magic extension concerning the target system. The issue is that the AI targeting behavior will crash the game on many target spell, for exemple trying to target a hexproof creature.

The only advice I would say is to avoid using hexproof creature as you are sure the AI will mostly crash the game trying to target it and to check for the Bug section for any cards that has issue and avoid using them until a fix a released for them.
stassy

Re: Game Crashes - Is there a way to avoid? The Future?

Postby rancor » 06 Jun 2012, 22:01

I´m happy to know that this is not only my problem. Sometimes the game freezes but it only happens when IA is playing with that deck. If I play with the same deck, the game doesn´t freeze.
rancor

Return to ManaLink 3.0