It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 13:05

Text Size

ManaLink Bug Report

Continuing Development of MicroProse's Magic: The Gathering!

Moderators: BAgate, drool66, Aswan jaguar, gmzombie, stassy, CCGHQ Admins

ManaLink Bug Report

Postby Bog Wraith » 25 Feb 2009, 22:41

Self explanatory thread! :)

Post your bug reports on any cards or other ManaLink crashes or anomalies here!

P.S. Please Read the Announcement that I posted:

viewtopic.php?f=25&t=892
'Twas in the bogs of Cannelbrae
My mate did meet an early grave
'Twas nothing left for us to save
In the peat-filled bogs of Cannelbrae.
Bog Wraith
Global Mod 1 (Ret)

Re: ManaLink Bug Report

Postby EviL_CLonE » 26 Feb 2009, 14:56

I have found a bug:
Tribal Flames doesn't work, no matter how many land types you have. It can be played, it resolves, but doesn't deal any damage at all.
EviL_CLonE

Postby jatill » 26 Feb 2009, 16:49

EviL_CLonE wrote:I have found a bug:
Tribal Flames doesn't work, no matter how many land types you have. It can be played, it resolves, but doesn't deal any damage at all.
Must be you. I've been blasting the AI for 4 and 5 all week long :) Does allied Strategies work for you?
jatill
DEVELOPER

Postby jatill » 26 Feb 2009, 18:40

Did we lost monopman? Managing the bugs was his job :)

Bugs that are a result of coder of engine limitations:
-Merrow Reejery is missing 2ndary ability
-Cloudgoat Ranger is missing 2ndary ability
-Tooth and Nail Entwine doesn't let you play cards from your hand, only your deck
-Goldmeadow Stalwart / Wren's Run Vanquisher / Silvergill Adept do not need a reveal to play cheaply
-Hybrid doesn't work
jatill
DEVELOPER

Postby Bog Wraith » 26 Feb 2009, 20:20

jatill wrote:Did we lost monopman? Managing the bugs was his job :)
Sadly, he has not showed up here as of yet. Not everyone knows about this site. :(

If anyone has his contact info, please get in touch with him and tell him about us!
'Twas in the bogs of Cannelbrae
My mate did meet an early grave
'Twas nothing left for us to save
In the peat-filled bogs of Cannelbrae.
Bog Wraith
Global Mod 1 (Ret)

Postby mathusalem » 26 Feb 2009, 22:42

brainstorm crashes the game when it is played while it is the only card in your hand

+ it doen't let you put cards from yor hand on top of your library but maybe you knew it would act that way, Jatill
mathusalem

Postby jatill » 26 Feb 2009, 22:49

mathusalem wrote:brainstorm crashes the game when it is played while it is the only card in your hand

+ it doen't let you put cards from yor hand on top of your library but maybe you knew it would act that way, Jatill
I don't understand. What happens to the cards from you hand if they don't go to the top of your library? I thought Brainstorm worked perfectly :(
jatill
DEVELOPER

Postby mathusalem » 26 Feb 2009, 23:01

Sorry jatill I may have not been very clear : the cards go back on top of your library, but only the cards you draw, not cards from your hand.
because the 3 cards you draw don't really go into your hand until you've chosen one of them (which happens with the actual cards : you draw 3, you place 2 on top of your library, but they may not be the 2 you just drew....you follow me ?).

Brainstorm is a simple card to play but it is tricky.
mathusalem

Postby HarryPitfall » 26 Feb 2009, 23:19

Brainstorm isn't that hard... is a draw 3 cards, and put any 2 cards in your hand (even the ones you already have before play brainstorm) into top of library....
Brainstorm is a nice card for combo decks with shuffle (fetchlands) effects... otherwise isn't that effective since we have ancestrall recall...
HarryPitfall
AI Programmer

Postby mathusalem » 26 Feb 2009, 23:24

Yes dear, but you can play only one Ancestrall recall and only in Vintage, whan you can play 4 Brainstorms in Legacy, in my experience , that made a world of differences. :wink:
mathusalem

Postby HarryPitfall » 26 Feb 2009, 23:50

Since now I discover a way to 'reduce' or 'increase' cost of spells... Is possible to fix the buddy cards (reveal or pay 3)...
Anyone can write a procedure that i can push player + creaturecode, and return in eax if there is (1) or not (0) a creature card of pushed code type?
Isn't hard to make the cards, just use the tecnique to increase cost... as long there is no kitking/elf/melfork creature card in hand, increase the cost in 3 colorless mana... remember... I did affinity!
HarryPitfall
AI Programmer

Postby jatill » 27 Feb 2009, 03:01

HarryPitfall wrote:Since now I discover a way to 'reduce' or 'increase' cost of spells... Is possible to fix the buddy cards (reveal or pay 3)...
Anyone can write a procedure that i can push player + creaturecode, and return in eax if there is (1) or not (0) a creature card of pushed code type?
Isn't hard to make the cards, just use the tecnique to increase cost... as long there is no kitking/elf/melfork creature card in hand, increase the cost in 3 colorless mana... remember... I did affinity!
I wrote that procedure for card type, but I'm not sure how to do the same for creature type. If I have a card's info in ESI, do you know which piece stores creature type? If we can figure that out, we could make Goblin Lackey also.
jatill
DEVELOPER

Postby EviL_CLonE » 27 Feb 2009, 03:56

Brainstorm works in a real weird way: Sometimes -with your hand full of cards- it lets you put on top only a few of them, but it can happen that it shows you only ONE card to rearrange on your library, and when it prompts for the second card to rearrange, you cannot select any, and the game crashes.
EviL_CLonE

Postby stassy » 27 Feb 2009, 04:15

Installed the 26.2 and latestet sky update from here and Jokulhaps miss his graphic.
stassy

Postby jatill » 27 Feb 2009, 13:06

EviL_CLonE wrote:Brainstorm works in a real weird way: Sometimes -with your hand full of cards- it lets you put on top only a few of them, but it can happen that it shows you only ONE card to rearrange on your library, and when it prompts for the second card to rearrange, you cannot select any, and the game crashes.
Yeah, I figured out the problem. Brainstorm works only for half the spell types. Oops. I thought this would be an easy fix, but my fix breaks the game. Not good...
jatill
DEVELOPER

Next

Return to ManaLink 3.0