It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 14:46

Text Size

ML3 basic Playdeck brainstorming

Continuing Development of MicroProse's Magic: The Gathering!

Moderators: BAgate, drool66, Aswan jaguar, gmzombie, stassy, CCGHQ Admins

Re: ML3 basic Playdeck brainstorming

Postby Brewin » 05 May 2014, 13:42

stassy wrote:Brewin, can you copy paste an already existing deck you modified to be Vintage compliant (before and after change)?

I'm trying actually to merge your deck folder with the current official one but not sure if my tool worked...
The deck called "Time Traveller" is a good example of one that had to be modified (quite a lot!) to make Vintage compliant... See attached :)

P.s. I noticed there's still some of the tournament-winning decks that failed to convert (it throws an error when you try to open them in deck editor) :(
Attachments
TIME TRAVELLER.ZIP
(1.26 KiB) Downloaded 510 times
Brewin

Postby Korath » 05 May 2014, 16:21

For my part, I like going up against the occasional deck with 4 Timetwister and 4 Time Walk - it's a nice change from the AI's usual roll over and die routine.
---
Here's another 1419 decks from WOTC's Daily Deck Lists column up to and including this past Friday (2 May 2014). They were converted by script, so except for the first 200 or so, don't have the author or description fields set.

Sideboards are in comments at the end of each deck file, so will be lost if you use something to post-process them.

Plenty of cards in these lists aren't implemented, though other than the usual EDH chaff, most decks only have one or two missing cards. I'll be prioritizing them for the next patch (not the imminent Journey into Nyx patch, but the following one).

Cards appearing in more than ten decks are:
  • Snow-covered lands, with 65 total instances (17 island, 14 mountain, 12 forest, 11 plains, 11 swamp; there's a fair amount of overlap within decks, which I didn't keep track of). Getting these working properly should be a lot less difficult than they've been made out to be in the past, which is why I didn't convert them to basic lands.
  • Dreadship Reef and the other Time Spiral block storage duals. 40 total decks and 5 more in sideboards, with Dreadship Reef leading at 16 and 3; as with the Snow-covered lands, there's overlap of multiple types within individual decks. Easy.
  • Spellskite, in 34 decks (and 58 sideboards). Won't be happening anytime soon.
  • Mindslaver, in 24 decks (and 5 sideboards). Won't be happening anytime soon either.
  • Ancient Ziggurat, in 18 decks. Also very difficult to do correctly.
  • Mind Spring, 15 decks and 1 in a sideboard. Trivial.
  • Stifle, 11 decks and 4 sideboards. We won't be able to counter triggered abilities anytime soon at all.
The vast majority of the rest are easy, and nearly all of them only appear in one or two decks.
Attachments
ddl.zip
(1 MiB) Downloaded 753 times
Korath
DEVELOPER

Postby Brewin » 06 May 2014, 14:24

Korath wrote:Here's another 1419 decks from WOTC's Daily Deck Lists column up to and including this past Friday (2 May 2014). They were converted by script, so except for the first 200 or so, don't have the author or description fields set.

Sideboards are in comments at the end of each deck file, so will be lost if you use something to post-process them.
Cheers for this Korath, however I've noticed a couple of things.

*snip cos I'm just an idiot*

EDIT: Yeah using PlayDeck Analyser on these decks does indeed screw them up... (It puts the sideboard into the decks themselves to make 75 cards among other things)... Guess I shouldn't be doing that...
Brewin

Postby Korath » 06 May 2014, 15:19

Hunh. If PDA really does interpret the commented-out lines as part of the decks themselves (I don't use it, so wouldn't know), I can put together an archive without the sideboards at all fairly easily.

I'd made (and almost posted) another version that had them in .vWhite blocks, but it turns out that Manalink will reject decks whose only uncoded cards are in those sections. And there's a lot of these decks whose only uncoded cards are copies of Hydroblast, Pyroblast, Burrenton Forge-Tender, Spellskite, Guttural Response, and Ray of Revelation in their sideboards.
Korath
DEVELOPER

Postby Brewin » 06 May 2014, 15:48

Korath wrote:Hunh. If PDA really does interpret the commented-out lines as part of the decks themselves (I don't use it, so wouldn't know), I can put together an archive without the sideboards at all fairly easily.
If you could be bothered, I'd certainly make use of that... But no stress at all if not (I'll make use of them anyway).

Cheers
Brewin

Postby stassy » 06 May 2014, 19:50

I guess I will point it out in Ciroth's PDA thread hoping it will fix it.

As we have different now version of the same decks available(Vintage Legal and not), I will ask also if a dupe bypass is possible as I would like to keep the 2 versions in the Playdeck folder...
stassy

Postby Korath » 06 May 2014, 21:21

The same decks as before, this time without the sideboard comments.
Attachments
ddl-sans-sideboard.zip
(951.73 KiB) Downloaded 565 times
Korath
DEVELOPER

Postby gmzombie » 06 May 2014, 23:21

Hmm while we are on this sideboard thing any chance you came across what makes sealed deck, when playing a tourney, work to be able to edit decks?
can I maze of ith your snowstorm?

http://home.comcast.net/~gmzombie/index.html old stuff in here. don't use this stuff right now till I get time to get back into it and readjust.
gmzombie

Postby Korath » 07 May 2014, 01:04

Apparently by setting the deck[] and CurrentDeck globals and calling DeckBuilderMain() with particular parameters in sub_482780(). Deck.dll's much harder to analyze than the exe, though, due to the idiosyncratic assembler it was built with.
Korath
DEVELOPER

Postby gmzombie » 07 May 2014, 01:12

hmm the deck dll should be already decompiled albeit in assembly from mok. it should be in your src folder under srcmok. though im sure you know this already.
can I maze of ith your snowstorm?

http://home.comcast.net/~gmzombie/index.html old stuff in here. don't use this stuff right now till I get time to get back into it and readjust.
gmzombie

Postby Nexhro » 19 May 2014, 23:00

Hey stassy, I know you're about to integrate those decklists from Brewin and Korath soon, right?

What better time to release another EDH decks update? This has been in the making since before the Apr14 patch, but all of a sudden, the devs went rampant and released one patch after another - effectively forcing me to go through all the decklists over and over again.

Added some new ones, but most of all revised all the previous ones. More decks could put Candelabra of Tawnos to use, I guess, but there's so many possibilities in EDH and yet many of them look similiar already (if it's black, pack the tutor package, Phyrexian Arena and so on...), thus I decided to stop at some point.

Still, there's a significant number of notable changes to be found in this update and since Korath coded many cards I had wished for (ty againainain), I finally did get to include those and heavily improve the decks that use them in the process. Anyone interested in the changes can check out the attached log as always (which fails to state which cards have been removed from the decks as always).

The attached playdeck archive does NOT contain any of Brewin's or Korath's submissions yet.

Decks added:
EDH_Nex_Ascendant Evincar.dck
EDH_Nex_Borborygmos (Nraged).dck
EDH_Nex_Derevi II.dck
EDH_Nex_Edric II.dck
EDH_Nex_Horde of Notions.dck
EDH_Nex_Karametra II.dck
EDH_Nex_Kiku.dck
EDH_Nex_Kozilek.dck
EDH_Nex_Kruphix.dck
EDH_Nex_Ruric Thar.dck
EDH_Nex_Vhati il-Dal.dck
EDH_Nex_Sis of Stone Death.dck
EDH_Nex_Starke.dck
EDH_Nex_Thalia.dck
EDH_Nex_Varolz.dck
EDH_Nex_Vendilion Clique.dck
Attachments
PlayDeck 2014-05-20.zip
Updated archive WITHOUT Korath's or Brewin's submissions
(1.8 MiB) Downloaded 516 times
EDH_Nex_Changelog_05-20-14.txt
(6.64 KiB) Downloaded 639 times
Nexhro

Postby stassy » 20 May 2014, 05:16

I was hoping for a fast Ciroth answer/update for PDA, but if it still cannot handle dupe decks we will have to separately integrate them, either update them separately then upload them in the big folder with different folder like Orion79 one, or upload them separately, what do you think?
stassy

Postby stassy » 26 May 2014, 06:46

Brian Playdeck folder updated to be JOU compatible, I noticed some syntax error in some of your decks and manually corrected them :

Korath's Playdeck one will need some replacement list in order to be updated as he posted earlier, there are even some unhinged cards in it, so if someone can up the task :mrgreen:
Attachments
PlayDeck_T1_Vintage_Conv_26-05-2014.zip
(1.66 MiB) Downloaded 497 times
stassy

Postby Nexhro » 26 May 2014, 23:19

EDH_Nex_Roon still had a Sylvan Primordial in the list - replaced it to solve legality issue.

This update also contains some minor changes to a handful of the other decks and one new deck (which is currently affected by two recently reported bugs).

Deck added:

EDH_Nex_Child of Alara II.dck
Attachments
PlayDeck 2014-05-27.zip
Folder update without Brewin's or Korath's decklists
(1.8 MiB) Downloaded 712 times
EDH_Nex_Changelog_05-27-14.txt
(348 Bytes) Downloaded 638 times
Nexhro

Postby stassy » 30 Jul 2014, 06:41

While waiting for soon to be coded cards in the next updates, I converted Korath playdeck and selected those playable for now (1028 decks, surprisingly there are no dupe from the current Playdeck).

There are 390 others decks with non coded yet cards included in the archive in case someone want to work on it.
Attachments
Korath Playdeck 30-07-2014.zip
(828.13 KiB) Downloaded 651 times
stassy

PreviousNext

Return to ManaLink 3.0