It is currently 18 Apr 2024, 09:53

Text Size

Another card not generating correct token

Moderators: timmermac, Blacksmith, KrazyTheFox, Agetian, friarsol, CCGHQ Admins

Another card not generating correct token

Postby peepser » 23 Oct 2018, 16:34

Here is another card that is supposed to generate a token, (servo), but it only makes a generic one. How do I fix this script for peema outrider to make the correct token?

Name:Peema Outrider
ManaCost:2 G G
Types:Creature Elf Artificer
PT:3/3
K:Trample
K:Fabricate:1
DeckHas:Ability$Counters & Ability$Token
SVar:Picture:http://www.wizards.com/global/images/magic/general/peema_outrider.jpg
Oracle:Trample\nFabricate 1 (When this creature enters the battlefield, put a +1/+1 counter on it or create a 1/1 colorless Servo artifact creature token.)
peepser

Re: Another card not generating correct token

Postby friarsol » 24 Oct 2018, 01:00

There's nothing wrong with the script. I'm not sure what tokens you do or don't have, but Fabricate tokens work fine for me.
friarsol
Global Moderator

Postby peepser » 25 Oct 2018, 17:03

Yes, I see it makes the token, but I am trying to get it to show the correct art for the token. I am finding so many tokens without art and I'm trying to fix them. I don't understand the scripting. Sometimes, there is clear text for token creation saying '1_1_squid' which at least gives me a reference to the token folder, where I can add the photo or correct the token reference text which is sometimes incorrect. I would like to know how to fix this script so it adds the correct token. Here is another one. Coral barrier. What would I have to change in this text to get the correct art, and not just a generic token? I checked the token images folder, and many images for tokens, including 'squid', are not in there.

Name:Coral Barrier
ManaCost:2 U
Types:Creature Wall
PT:1/3
K:Defender
T:Mode$ ChangesZone | Origin$ Any | Destination$ Battlefield | ValidCard$ Card.Self | Execute$ TrigToken | TriggerDescription$ When CARDNAME enters the battlefield, create a 1/1 blue Squid creature token with islandwalk.
SVar:TrigToken:DB$ Token | TokenAmount$ 1 | TokenName$ Squid | TokenTypes$ Creature,Squid | TokenOwner$ You | TokenColors$ Blue | TokenPower$ 1 | TokenToughness$ 1 | TokenKeywords$ Islandwalk
SVar:Picture:http://www.wizards.com/global/images/magic/general/coral_barrier.jpg
Oracle:Defender (This creature can't attack.)\nWhen Coral Barrier enters the battlefield, create a 1/1 blue Squid creature token with islandwalk. (It can't be blocked as long as defending player controls an Island.)
peepser

Postby peepser » 25 Oct 2018, 17:23

Okay, I figured it out. Many card texts are missing "| TokenImage$ u 1 1 squid ". I add this line to the script and then it knows where to find the image (token folder), and then I add a photo of the squid token to the token folder as 'u_1_1 squid'. Unfortunately, many of these tokens can't be found in good quality on internet searches.
peepser

Postby peepser » 25 Oct 2018, 19:41

But now I have problems with this card: kalonian twingrove . It will not make the correct token, even though the token is correctly name and is in the token folder.

Name:Kalonian Twingrove
ManaCost:5 G
Types:Creature Treefolk Warrior
PT:*/*
S:Mode$

Continuous | EffectZone$ All | CharacteristicDefining$ True | SetPower$ X |

SetToughness$ X | Description$ CARDNAMEs power and toughness are each equal to the

number of Forests you control.
SVar:X:Count$Valid Forest.YouCtrl
T:Mode$ ChangesZone |

Origin$ Any | Destination$ Battlefield | ValidCard$ Card.Self | Execute$ TrigToken |

TriggerDescription$ When CARDNAME enters the battlefield, create a green Treefolk

Warrior creature token with "This creature's power and toughness are each equal to

the number of Forests you control."
SVar:TrigToken:DB$ Token | TokenAmount$ 1 |

TokenScript$ g_x_x_treefolk_warrior| LegacyImage$ g x x treefolk warrior
|

SVar:BuffedBy:Forest
SVar:NeedsToPlayVar:X GE3
SVar:Picture:http://www.wizards.com/global/images/magic/general/kalonian_twingrove.j

pg
Oracle:Kalonian Twingrove's power and toughness are each equal to the number of

Forests you control.\nWhen Kalonian Twingrove enters the battlefield, create a green

Treefolk Warrior creature token with "This creature's power and toughness are each

equal to the number of Forests you control."
peepser

Postby friarsol » 28 Oct 2018, 01:06

If the token was created by a card from M15 set, the token should be named g_x_x_treefolk_warrior_m15
friarsol
Global Moderator

Return to Forge