It is currently 04 Jun 2024, 22:57

Text Size

Forge for Android v1.6.53.001

Moderators: timmermac, Blacksmith, KrazyTheFox, Agetian, friarsol, CCGHQ Admins

Re: Forge for Android v1.6.33.001

Postby CokedUpZombie » 22 Mar 2020, 20:39

When a spell on the stack targets something in another tab like graveyard or library it leaves that tab open instead of closing it.
Hard to explain but when my opponent plays Titania, for example, she brings a land back from the graveyard so the stack opens the graveyard then out come the land but opponents graveyard is left open instead of auto closing like before. Small thing but annoying.
CokedUpZombie

Postby Mrmonomulticolor » 23 Mar 2020, 06:33

dcyd wrote:I tried to manually install ans it brings forge to a white blank screen after installing. I have a s9 plus and uninstalled the previous version after problems like everyone else. Any advice?
I'm on an s9 and have the same problem after a manual update.
Mrmonomulticolor

Postby kevlahnota » 23 Mar 2020, 13:41

Mrmonomulticolor wrote:
dcyd wrote:I tried to manually install ans it brings forge to a white blank screen after installing. I have a s9 plus and uninstalled the previous version after problems like everyone else. Any advice?
I'm on an s9 and have the same problem after a manual update.
Try to turn the storage permission manually. It should work.
kevlahnota
Programmer

Postby Mrmonomulticolor » 23 Mar 2020, 19:27

Ty kevlahnota you saved my boring breaks and lunches at work haha now I'm having another problem loading quests D:but being able to build and test wonky decks is great
Mrmonomulticolor

Postby 1mrlee » 24 Mar 2020, 01:51

Agetian wrote:IMPORTANT: There seems to be a recurring update issue with the last few releases where the game would hang in case you tried to auto-update it from the game itself. We haven't yet figured out the problem, so while we're working on investigating and fixing this issue, if you run into this problem, you'll need to manually download the APK from the first post of this thread and install it, then open the game and agree to finish updating it by downloading the assets. Then it will work as intended. Sorry for the inconvenience.

- Agetian
FYI: Might be an issue in the future: https://www.techspot.com/news/84455-goo ... party.html
1mrlee

Postby ninja » 24 Mar 2020, 07:25

When you cast Nissa's Pilgrimage it asks you which to put on the battlefield, but puts them all into your hand.
ninja

Postby ninja » 24 Mar 2020, 07:48

ninja wrote:When you cast Nissa's Pilgrimage it asks you which to put on the battlefield, but puts them all into your hand.
It actually enters the battlefield but returns to your hand I've found after further testing.
ninja

Postby JOpp » 24 Mar 2020, 20:31

I'm experiencing multiple bugs with the new update. Volcano Hellion does not allow me to choose a target creature - the game just freezes and requires a restart. Also, I cast Light Up the Stage (with its Spectacle cost, not sure if that matters), I was able to play a land and cast a creature (Giver of Runes) from exile, but the creature that I played from exile resolved on the board while also showing in exile and I was able to cast it again from exile the following turn. These bugs did not exist in the previous version. Also, I've had some issues with AI opponents when a color (Chosen with Kabira Evangel) or card name (Chosen with Meddling Mage) is chosen by the AI opponent - the message displays that the choice made is "1 of 2" or something like that. After the effect resolves, I am able to see what the computer actually picked by selecting the card/effect, but this has been going on since the last update at least.
Edit: Typo
Last edited by JOpp on 01 Apr 2020, 11:40, edited 1 time in total.
JOpp

Postby vedder223 » 25 Mar 2020, 21:28

Hello,

I have reinstalled the forge app in my phone which runs MIUI 11 op. system.

I had to erase and reinstall it because it began to crash when stsrtibg the game at the update screen.

But after the reinstallation the game won't even start eorking. The MIUI report shows the following:

java.lang.RuntimeException: Unable to start activity ComponentInfo{forge.app/forge.app.Main}: java.lang.NullPointerException: Attempt to invoke interface method 'void com.badlogic.gdx.Application.error(java.lang.String, java.lang.String)' on a null object reference
at android.app.ActivityThread.performLaunchActivity(ActivityThread.java:2946)
at android.app.ActivityThread.handleLaunchActivity(ActivityThread.java:3081)
at android.app.servertransaction.LaunchActivityItem.execute(LaunchActivityItem.java:78)
at android.app.servertransaction.TransactionExecutor.executeCallbacks(TransactionExecutor.java:108)
at android.app.servertransaction.TransactionExecutor.execute(TransactionExecutor.java:68)
at android.app.ActivityThread$H.handleMessage(ActivityThread.java:1831)
at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:106)
at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:201)
at android.app.ActivityThread.main(ActivityThread.java:6810)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Native Method)
at com.android.internal.os.RuntimeInit$MethodAndArgsCaller.run(RuntimeInit.java:547)
at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(ZygoteInit.java:873)
Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException: Attempt to invoke interface method 'void com.badlogic.gdx.Application.error(java.lang.String, java.lang.String)' on a null object reference
at forge.app.Main.onCreate(Main.java:53)
at android.app.Activity.performCreate(Activity.java:7224)
at android.app.Activity.performCreate(Activity.java:7213)
at android.app.Instrumentation.callActivityOnCreate(Instrumentation.java:1272)
at android.app.ActivityThread.performLaunchActivity(ActivityThread.java:2926)
... 11 more
vedder223

Postby Tongarios81 » 26 Mar 2020, 18:43

I have some troubles with the game. It started to crash and I had to install it again and now I can't play additional lands with any of the cards that allows to do so
Tongarios81

Postby Amorphous » 28 Mar 2020, 06:54

vedder223 wrote:Hello,

I had to erase and reinstall it because it began to crash when stsrtibg the game at the update screen.

But after the reinstallation the game won't even start eorking. The MIUI report shows the following:
I have also the same crash when I open the app for first time. I have MIUI 8 so is it possible a Xiaomi only problem?

Allow me to ask because I 've not tried a previous edition if I need to change anything else after installing the .apk . I mean do I need to take something from the assets zip provided in the download section of this thread? Moreover is it any problem to install it from/to the sd card instead of the internal storage space?
Amorphous

Postby kevlahnota » 28 Mar 2020, 10:51

Amorphous wrote:

I have also the same crash when I open the app for first time. I have MIUI 8 so is it possible a Xiaomi only problem?

Allow me to ask because I 've not tried a previous edition if I need to change anything else after installing the .apk . I mean do I need to take something from the assets zip provided in the download section of this thread? Moreover is it any problem to install it from/to the sd card instead of the internal storage space?
Whenever you install the updated apk, you need to extract its included assets.zip everytime (remove res folder only). Mixing new apk and old assets will introduce more error (like forge not starting, etc)
kevlahnota
Programmer

Postby Necromage » 28 Mar 2020, 13:08

Hi, first of all thank you for this great app that allows me to play Magic while being poor, i have a question, is it necessary to keep all the older versions of forge installed in my phone? It's taking up a lot of storage space. Thank you again
Necromage

Postby Amorphous » 28 Mar 2020, 13:25

kevlahnota wrote:
Amorphous wrote:

Whenever you install the updated apk, you need to extract its included assets.zip everytime (remove res folder only). Mixing new apk and old assets will introduce more error (like forge not starting, etc)
I didn't extract the assets.zip or messed with anything. I just downloaded the apk from the top of this thread, installed it and when I start the app it crashes before opening. I really struggle to find a solution after a long search. (I have android 6)

Also I cannot find where the game is actually installed in android, what's the location?
Amorphous

Postby kamesenin888 » 28 Mar 2020, 17:40

I updated the forge apk and saw a lot of improvements, but the images of War of the Spark are not loading, I checked that the folder WAR is there but it seems not to recognize it
kamesenin888

PreviousNext

Return to Forge