It is currently 04 Jun 2024, 03:41

Text Size

Feature Requests Thread

Moderators: timmermac, Blacksmith, KrazyTheFox, Agetian, friarsol, CCGHQ Admins

Re: Feature Requests Thread

Postby Mr.Chaos » 22 Oct 2009, 18:06

DennisBergkamp wrote:Big hack. I can probably do something similar for Regeneration and Flash creatures. Targeting is trickier though, I'm using AllZone.Stack.add(spellAbility);
Dennis should have his forum title changed from AI programmer to Hacker. :lol:
(Sorry, just could not resist that one. :wink: )
](*,) = coder at work, according to a coder.It does explain some of the bugs. :wink:
Mr.Chaos
Tester

Postby Resonantg » 22 Oct 2009, 18:10

I would like to have something done on the phases window to determine when your turn ends. At times, when for some reason my computer lags, I've double clicked and suddenly, I'm seeing "declare attackers" when I had cards to play. Or worse, instead of second phase, or being able to regenerate creatures or whatever, suddenly the computer's playing.

Either a color change or a separate "End turn?" popup would be fantastic.
Resonantg

Postby mtgrares » 22 Oct 2009, 20:30

DennisBergkamp wrote:I'm not sure if it has been requested in this thread or not (if not, I'm pretty sure it has been in other places), but I've finally added two new phases, and this is how they work currently:
Super-duper. Adding the "before the computer attacks phase" was probably the number 1 requested feature and the "post declare attackers phase" is icing on the cake. I see that you tinkered with the mess that is in InputControl.java. If you can handle CardFactory, you can handle anything. :lol:

For version 2, I greatly simplified InputControl, it is just a basic stack with a few "if" statements. (Currently Inputs cannot be stacked which are needed in rare situations, like if you have Keiga, the Tide Star on the battlefield and you play a 2nd one, you should be able to steal 2 creatures but MTG Forge only lets you steal 1.)
mtgrares
DEVELOPER

Postby zerker2000 » 23 Oct 2009, 05:26

mtgrares wrote:For version 2, I greatly simplified InputControl, it is just a basic stack with a few "if" statements. (Currently Inputs cannot be stacked which are needed in rare situations, like if you have Keiga, the Tide Star on the battlefield and you play a 2nd one, you should be able to steal 2 creatures but MTG Forge only lets you steal 1.)
I remember Dennis(I think) describing comp rules as programming specification document, I wonder if Forge 2 input mechanics are based on them:
Wizards wrote:101.4. If multiple players would make choices and/or take actions at the same time, the active player (the player whose turn it is) makes any choices required, then the next player in turn order (usually the player seated to the active player's left) makes any choices required, followed by the remaining nonactive players in turn order. Then the actions happen simultaneously.
O forest, hold thy wand'ring son
Though fears assail the door.
O foliage, cloak thy ravaged one
In vestments cut for war.

--Eladamri, the Seed of Freyalise
zerker2000
Programmer

Postby mtgrares » 26 Oct 2009, 19:28

About rule 101.4 and MTG Forge. Currently MTG Forge implements most of 101.4 but it doesn't allow you to play two Instants or abilities back to back. (Usually you don't want to and it is easier just to pass priority after you play something.)
mtgrares
DEVELOPER

Postby apthaven » 29 Oct 2009, 08:31

A 15-card sideboard would be nice, especially for quest mode. Especially if you have adjustments to make against a particularly nasty deck that you can't seem to beat.

It would of course, increase the playability of cards in Forge, by allowing players backup options in their sideboard.

Just like a real MTG tournament:)
"I am a man and real men do not consume pink beverages. Get thee gone woman, and bring me something brown." - Jace Wayland
apthaven
Tester

Postby Mr.Chaos » 05 Nov 2009, 06:43

For lack of a better place, I will make my sugguestion/request here.
Request: uniform coding of cards.
Example: Siege-Gang Commander and Goblin Grenade.
These 2 cards basically do the same, pay a mana cost and sacrifice a goblin to deal damage to a selected target.
But the Siege-Gang Commander works with pop up windows and the Goblin Grenade does not.
This really came into play for me beause I put both cards in my Gobliiins deck. Because each card has it's own way/order of doing things, it is easy to miss-click and either pick the wrong target or sac the wrong goblin.
I personally would like to see 1 uniform way in which these effects are handled. Either almost freehand like the grenade, or with pop up windows like the commander, but not both.

I realise that some of these differenses arise from the fact that cards are programmed by several people and not 1 person anymore but I realy think the game would benefit from an agreed single form/shape in which to code such cards.
](*,) = coder at work, according to a coder.It does explain some of the bugs. :wink:
Mr.Chaos
Tester

Postby apthaven » 05 Nov 2009, 07:22

Mr.Chaos wrote:For lack of a better place, I will make my sugguestion/request here.
These 2 cards basically do the same, pay a mana cost and sacrifice a goblin to deal damage to a selected target.
But the Siege-Gang Commander works with pop up windows and the Goblin Grenade does not.
This really came into play for me beause I put both cards in my Gobliiins deck. Because each card has it's own way/order of doing things, it is easy to miss-click and either pick the wrong target or sac the wrong goblin.
I personally would like to see 1 uniform way in which these effects are handled. Either almost freehand like the grenade, or with pop up windows like the commander, but not both.

I realise that some of these differenses arise from the fact that cards are programmed by several people and not 1 person anymore but I realy think the game would benefit from an agreed single form/shape in which to code such cards.
True. I've had some experiences where in I misclick a wrong target such as my own permanents instead of the AI's, due to me waiting for a popup window, because one earlier instant had a window while a next similar instant (same function, different card) does not.

Sometimes something such as a single mistake like a misclick could decide a win or a victory.

Of course, once everything gets a keyword or two and gets cleaned up in the code, most of these differences in the interface would be a thing of the past.
"I am a man and real men do not consume pink beverages. Get thee gone woman, and bring me something brown." - Jace Wayland
apthaven
Tester

Postby Marek14 » 05 Nov 2009, 07:36

apthaven wrote:Sometimes something such as a single mistake like a misclick could decide a win or a victory.
That's a great quote :)
Marek14
Tester

Postby DennisBergkamp » 05 Nov 2009, 17:58

For lack of a better place, I will make my sugguestion/request here.

Interesting thing is, both cards were programmed by me :oops:

This brings up an interesting point though... currently there's problems with either approach:

- Siege-Gang Commander sacrifices on resolution.
- Goblin Grenade is more correct in that respect, but sacrificing a Mudbutton Torchrunner doesn't trigger its ability (I might be wrong, but I think saccing it to Siege-Gang Commander will trigger it).

So yeah, let me think about this one, I definitely agree with you though that a uniform interface would be the ideal way.
DennisBergkamp
AI Programmer

Postby Mr.Chaos » 06 Nov 2009, 07:26

DennisBergkamp wrote:Interesting thing is, both cards were programmed by me :oops:
Yikes! LOL! :lol:

DennisBergkamp wrote:This brings up an interesting point though... currently there's problems with either approach:

- Siege-Gang Commander sacrifices on resolution.
- Goblin Grenade is more correct in that respect, but sacrificing a Mudbutton Torchrunner doesn't trigger its ability (I might be wrong, but I think saccing it to Siege-Gang Commander will trigger it).

So yeah, let me think about this one, I definitely agree with you though that a uniform interface would be the ideal way.
Indeed, as far as I can tell, Mudbutton Torchrunner trigggers correctly with other cards, just not with the Goblin Grenade.
Real pitty, as it such a sweet, 8 point combo. A combo which was the reason to include both cards in my Gobliiins deck.

Well, I better let you get on with your thinking now...
Mr.Chaos
Tester

Postby md22mdrx » 06 Nov 2009, 17:36

I wish the game didn't get so bogged down at times. It seems as if the game has a lot of permanents on the board, it takes like 2 minutes for each click of the button. Then, the bog-down continues even after starting a new game. Usually fixed by exiting the system COMPLETELY then restarting, but it makes it annoying to play a control deck of any kind.
md22mdrx

Postby Accountancy » 13 Nov 2009, 01:28

ponposessed wrote:Hi, I have a simple request: pause the game to play actions or instants before the computer combat phase begins, so we can activate the Faerie Conclave to defend (as example). I can do that when the computer plays a card before her combat phase, but when i finish my turn, and the computer attacks inmediately, i can't do nothing.
I agree, not being able to activate abilities or cast instants before the combat phase makes hundreds of cards immeasurably worse.
Also the most important thing from a gameplay perspective is to improve the computers ability to block, of ALL the bugs, I find this the most unfair, easily skewing the games in my favour.
Accountancy

Postby DennisBergkamp » 13 Nov 2009, 02:26

We currently HAVE this in the latest beta version (BEFORE attackers are declared, and also one AFTER attackers are declared).
DennisBergkamp
AI Programmer

Postby apthaven » 13 Nov 2009, 16:14

DennisBergkamp wrote:We currently HAVE this in the latest beta version (BEFORE attackers are declared, and also one AFTER attackers are declared).
A very nice job on this one. At least many cards are more playable now =D>
apthaven
Tester

PreviousNext

Return to Forge