Moderators: timmermac, Blacksmith, KrazyTheFox, Agetian, friarsol, CCGHQ Admins

Re: Quest Mode: Guide to Formats, Worlds, and everything

Postby SecretCaveman » 30 Jul 2013, 16:28

Ok, too bad :(
Thanks for the info, though. Keep up the great work! =D>
SecretCaveman

please help me

Postby rocketstone13 » 17 Sep 2013, 13:13

Will somebody please explain to me how to navigate the program. I just downloaded forge and Im trying to play a quest but I am extremely frustrated I don't understand how to go back a page. ok, so I created a new quest, I went into the card shop and sold some cards and bought some cards. Now HOW do I go back to the previous screen!? There is no button anywhere to go back to the previous screen! All I can do to get out of the card shop is restart the program, and then I lose the changes I made (the cards I sod and bought). Somebody please help me figure this out I just want to sell and buy some cards in the quest, then build a deck and play duels on the main world but I cant figure out how to do anything because no matter what I go into I cant get back without restarting the program and losing everything I've done. PLEASE HELP!!
rocketstone13

Re: please help me

Postby xypocrite » 17 Sep 2013, 13:25

rocketstone13 wrote:Will somebody please explain to me how to navigate the program. I just downloaded forge and Im trying to play a quest but I am extremely frustrated I don't understand how to go back a page. ok, so I created a new quest, I went into the card shop and sold some cards and bought some cards. Now HOW do I go back to the previous screen!? There is no button anywhere to go back to the previous screen! All I can do to get out of the card shop is restart the program, and then I lose the changes I made (the cards I sod and bought). Somebody please help me figure this out I just want to sell and buy some cards in the quest, then build a deck and play duels on the main world but I cant figure out how to do anything because no matter what I go into I cant get back without restarting the program and losing everything I've done. PLEASE HELP!!
Just close the window using the X button in the upper right corner - it doesn't close the program, only the window ...
xypocrite

Postby rocketstone13 » 17 Sep 2013, 13:27

thank you soooo much
rocketstone13

Postby demonnic » 17 Sep 2013, 15:21

I've seen this a couple of times now... how are folks restarting the program without even trying to click the X first? Isn't that the first place one goes to try and close a program to restart it?

Not trying to be condescending or anything, but I'd have thought this would be natural. Trying to figure out how folks are sliding by it.
demonnic

Postby rocketstone13 » 18 Sep 2013, 02:20

the reason I wasn't closing it with the X button and instead restarting the program was because to open the program I have to go into my zip program and open it from there. not sure why I dragged the same thing onto the desktop but the shortcut wont work I have to find the file in the zip program. I mean clearly I'm not particularly computer savvy I guess so . . . idk
rocketstone13

Postby rocketstone13 » 18 Sep 2013, 02:23

Im having a new problem now though. So I figured out the interface and now when im in the quest mode it wont let me build a deck with my quest cards. I can go into the shop and buy cards but when I try to open the build a deck it just has an error and crashes
rocketstone13

Postby moomarc » 18 Sep 2013, 03:51

Rocketstone13, you have to extract the contents of the archive before playing. That should sort out your issues. If not, copy the error report when it pops up and post it here with a description of exactly what you were trying to do at the time.
-Marc
moomarc
Pixel Commander

Postby mthous01 » 03 Oct 2013, 17:26

Can quests be imported to newer versions of Forge? I'm unsure as to whether or not I should upgrade to newer releases if my current Quest will be lost :? (I'm actually quite happy with how it's progressing) :D
mthous01

Postby Chris H. » 03 Oct 2013, 22:24

mthous01 wrote:Can quests be imported to newer versions of Forge? I'm unsure as to whether or not I should upgrade to newer releases if my current Quest will be lost :? (I'm actually quite happy with how it's progressing) :D

The quest saves are stored in the <userDir>/quest/saves/ directory. This is explained in the README.txt file in the section titled:

Updating to a newer version Instructions

so, by all means update to the newest version as it is in your best interests and it will not interfere with your progress.
Chris H.
Forge Moderator

Postby serrasmurf » 30 Jan 2014, 09:57

Pity that the worlds development has died out a bit. Haven't had any time myself to create more worlds. I guess we have to wait for a developer who has time and energy to bring the quest experience to another level. Though definitely like where everybody is currently working on!

This post is just to drop an idea that might be interesting to pick up later:
Instead of creating worlds around planes or (old) formats, we could also create it around themes.
- an all-black world. With only monoblack opponents. (karma will be banned :)
a welcome feature would be that in normal matches you would also have "world enchantments" like Necrogen Mists
- a creature-type-themed world. only zombie & soldier cards are legal. or all cards are legal but you have to have a minimum of 24 cards with the same creature type. I guess that is already an existing format, it would be cool to realize that by means of a quest world
- same for a commander decks world
serrasmurf

Postby Fizanko » 18 Mar 2014, 16:16

Hello

While i am playing with my own preferences for the quests, there's still something that is bothering me :

the defeat despite you won a round in a very difficult battle against one of the AI using one of those "superdecks" is making you lose money the same as if you lost without winning once.

In my opinion i think something like that should work better :
- you lose without winning once, no change you lose money the same way
- you lose despite winning once, from there i think 2 possibilities :
> you lose only half the money you would have lost (tweakable in quest preference for when creating a new quest)
> you get a choice to either give up a card or lose the money as if you didn't won once.
probably outdated by now so you should avoid : Innistrad world for Forge (updated 17/11/2014)
Duel Decks for Forge - Forge custom decks (updated 25/10/2014)
Fizanko
Tester

Postby Stampedo » 18 Mar 2014, 19:54

Is there a way to ban decks using P9 cards?
Stampedo

Postby timmermac » 18 Mar 2014, 21:42

Ban? No. Make it so that it takes a lot longer to get to them? Yup. Again, quest.preferences holds the key.
"I just woke up, haven't had coffee, let alone a pee in 7 days, and I find out you stole my ass and made a ...mini-me! Carter, I should be irked currently, yes?" - Jack O'Neill
timmermac
Tester

Postby Fizanko » 19 Mar 2014, 01:11

When you're at the stage you meet "hard" opponent, nearly every of them has a P9 , i could swear i had a battle with one that fielded 2 of them.

And it hurts a very lot when an AI gets them while you don't :D
probably outdated by now so you should avoid : Innistrad world for Forge (updated 17/11/2014)
Duel Decks for Forge - Forge custom decks (updated 25/10/2014)
Fizanko
Tester

PreviousNext

Return to Forge