It is currently 23 May 2024, 05:17

Text Size

Feature Requests Thread

Moderators: timmermac, Blacksmith, KrazyTheFox, Agetian, friarsol, CCGHQ Admins

Re: Feature Requests Thread

Postby Almost_Clever » 13 Nov 2009, 20:21

Can the column widths in the top (Choose one card) and bottom (Previously Picked Cards) panes in the Booster Draft be set to the same as those used in the Deck Editor?
A woman came up to me and said / "I'd like to poison your mind / With wrong ideas that appeal to you / Though I am not unkind."
Almost_Clever
Tester

Postby zerker2000 » 14 Nov 2009, 05:20

Aren't those both stretchable (if not, that is a feature request to whoever made the game window so)?
O forest, hold thy wand'ring son
Though fears assail the door.
O foliage, cloak thy ravaged one
In vestments cut for war.

--Eladamri, the Seed of Freyalise
zerker2000
Programmer

Postby Chris H. » 14 Nov 2009, 11:47

I had never tried a Booster Draft before and did not know what to expect. The top and bottom tables have columns set to the same width. They are resizable, but they look like the older style deck editor tables from last year.

Good catch AC. At some point, someone may be able to modify this section of the code and bring it up to date.
Chris H.
Forge Moderator

Postby Mr.Chaos » 23 Nov 2009, 19:39

I just noticed something rather irritating: Sol Ring adds mana without giving you any message, unlike Gaea's Cradle and Priest of Titania (and others like it), which give a pop up to let you know they work. (Llanowar Elves and some other mana elves also add mana to the pool without a message, now that I think of it)
So I click the Sol Ring and automatically click the OK button to get rid of the (non-excistant) pop up, resulting in going into my attack phase and bye-bye mana! :x :shock:

In the end, it is again about a little uniformity in card design, which I mentioned earlier in regards to Goblin Grenade and Siege-Gang Commander.
It would be nice if all mana generating cards worked the same way, either with a pop up to let you know mana was added to the pool or without it, not "let's do it like this for this card and different for the next one".
Sorry to nag, but getting things a little streamlined makes the game more enjoyable and *gasp* a little more professional. :shock: :wink:
Also, it makes gameplay a bit more intuïtive.
](*,) = coder at work, according to a coder.It does explain some of the bugs. :wink:
Mr.Chaos
Tester

Postby zerker2000 » 24 Nov 2009, 01:03

Yes, this is a consistency issue, and one from Gaea/Tolaria at that. By official rules, mana abilities should skip the stack. Also, all abilities hardcoded as mana abilities can be played both normally and during the paying of a mana cost, with extra/unusable mana going to the pool.
O forest, hold thy wand'ring son
Though fears assail the door.
O foliage, cloak thy ravaged one
In vestments cut for war.

--Eladamri, the Seed of Freyalise
zerker2000
Programmer

Postby weirdingway » 26 Nov 2009, 08:19

Will there be a text search function in the deck editor soon? Since I don't actually have what's available memorized, I do a search on magiccards.info and see if the card is available to put into my deck. The color and card type filter is a huge help, but even in just one color and card type the list is starting to get larger and larger.

It would be great to do it all within the program.
weirdingway

Postby Vecc » 05 Dec 2009, 00:47

Having filters similar to the new ones in the Deck Editor mode for the Set Editor would be very helpful... having all the cards listed at once makes it easy to let a card you wanted to change rarity slip.

It's nothing urgent or anything but it would be nice. :)
Vecc

Postby weirdingway » 07 Dec 2009, 05:09

Will there be an update to the AI in the near future? I'm always in love with all the card updates but things like the AI just letting me swing for 10 instead of blocking with that vanilla 1/1 (w/ no epic plan in the next few turns to use said 1/1 to retaliate) just makes me wonder if you guys could make the AI a little more interested in its well being?

The counter spell thing is pretty awesome but still the AI lets me swing at him really often and doesn't get defensive until he's really low on life. I can do a lot of simple things while it has a lot of life and can pretty much assume it won't do anything to stop me until it gets dangerously low. It makes it a little difficult to test the effectiveness of a deck and makes some decks seem a lot more powerful than they really are.
weirdingway

Postby Niv-Mizzet » 07 Dec 2009, 06:13

I like how the Moxes appear in the same area as your lands, since they simply tap for mana. It seems as though other cards which function in this way should also appear in that area--Sol Ring, Basalt Monolith, the Mirage Diamonds, Darksteel Ingot, etc.
Niv-Mizzet

Postby Triadasoul » 07 Dec 2009, 14:31

It would be great if there would be a "future combat analyze" function to use in CanPlayAi for wiser usage of certain spell and abilities. For example all damage spells searching for flying at the battlefield, but the main threat could be shadow, unblockable or even vanilla creatures. This function could return creatures that could kill(or heavy damage) ai next turn or creatures that could be obstacles for an attack etc...

Also that would be a great idea to replace current ai discard with a wiser discard function, not a random one (may be it could choose a card according to card values stored in some external file, or in prescripitng part of the deck that i suggested earlier).
Triadasoul

Postby Marek14 » 07 Dec 2009, 21:45

I'm thinking that I could use some marker for summoning sickness. While it's usually easy to remember which creature was played this turn, it starts to get more confusing where massive token generation is concerned, like Mycoloth.

I like the way MagMa solves this (it writes names of creatures with summoning sickness in lowercase). Perhaps an asterisk displayed next to name? Something unintrusive, yet easy to spot.

Also, it would help if tokens with summoning sickness didn't stack with tokens without it.
Marek14
Tester

Postby weirdingway » 08 Dec 2009, 04:06

Marek14 wrote:I'm thinking that I could use some marker for summoning sickness. While it's usually easy to remember which creature was played this turn, it starts to get more confusing where massive token generation is concerned, like Mycoloth.

I like the way MagMa solves this (it writes names of creatures with summoning sickness in lowercase). Perhaps an asterisk displayed next to name? Something unintrusive, yet easy to spot.

Also, it would help if tokens with summoning sickness didn't stack with tokens without it.
If cards could appear with a thin red border around them while in sickness I think that would be easier than having to check each name by mousing over.
weirdingway

Postby Marek14 » 08 Dec 2009, 07:28

weirdingway wrote:
Marek14 wrote:I'm thinking that I could use some marker for summoning sickness. While it's usually easy to remember which creature was played this turn, it starts to get more confusing where massive token generation is concerned, like Mycoloth.

If cards could appear with a thin red border around them while in sickness I think that would be easier than having to check each name by mousing over.
Yes, but they already have border showing their color, don't they?
Marek14
Tester

Postby Triadasoul » 08 Dec 2009, 13:40

AI prescription card.txt keyword "Play this during MAIN1 phase"
Triadasoul

Postby Resonantg » 24 Dec 2009, 03:51

I know this is possibly over the top, but what about simple sound effects to cue us on turns and tapping and spell casting?
Resonantg

PreviousNext

Return to Forge