It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 13:54

Text Size

MTGForge 03/20 (unofficial BETA) version

Moderators: timmermac, Blacksmith, KrazyTheFox, Agetian, friarsol, CCGHQ Admins

MTGForge 03/20 (unofficial BETA) version

Postby DennisBergkamp » 21 Mar 2009, 07:29

I hope I'm not forgetting to include any files for this version (it's late, I might be leaving out a bunch of things).

Features/Fixes:

-Rewrote the way a lot of the state based effects works, the game should run faster now. I have no idea if it actually does though. It took quite a lot of time to do this rewrite, so I certainly hope so [-o<
-Fixed Ichor Slick.
-Fixed some issues with Lifelink / Double Strike.
-Fixed Night of Souls' Betrayal.
-Fixed Norwood Archers.
-Fixed the Bringers (they should not cause crashes anymore, however, when winning a game the "use this ability?" message will still pop up).
-Fixed being able to use Goblin Trenches and Knight of the Reliquary after saccing a land with either of them.
-Merged rares' stuff with my stuff. This is basically the 03/16 version and also Huggy's version.
-Might have fixed some other stuff I'm forgetting to mention...

Cards:

- Brawn
- Wirewood Hivemaster
- Some Kithkin cards: Kinsbaile Cavalier, Wizened Cenn, Order of Whiteclay (not sure if I actually tested this one?), Kithkin Rabble, Kithkin Harbinger, Goldmeadow Dodger, Kinsbaile Borderguard
- Covetous Dragon

In this release, I did not include the .exe files (that point to the .jar files) because they're so large (would make this file 2 megs +). Probably next time I will include them, and just create an account with mediafire/google fileshare...
Attachments
MTGForge0320.rar
(1.84 MiB) Downloaded 385 times
DennisBergkamp
AI Programmer

Re: MTGForge 03/20 (unofficial BETA) version

Postby Chris H. » 21 Mar 2009, 11:06

DennisBergkamp wrote:I hope I'm not forgetting to include any files for this version (it's late, I might be leaving out a bunch of things).

-Merged rares' stuff with my stuff. This is basically the 03/16 version and also Huggy's version.
-Might have fixed some other stuff I'm forgetting to mention...
Thank you Dennis, Rares and the rest of the team for your hard work. =D>

Merging the workload of a small group of people can sometimes create a challenge. Did we forget something? 8-[

We will give it a good testing and will report back to the group if we discover anything.

And we need to thank you for all of the bugs that have been fixed. Awesome.
Chris H.
Forge Moderator

Postby GandoTheBard » 21 Mar 2009, 19:51

Comments:
-- Not happy that the AI decks menu was removed from quest mode. We are not done testing/creating quest decks. This lack is not a good thing.
-- I noticed that the choices of what deck to play are still there...seems to me that makes it easier to be choosy which isnt necessarily a bad thing but doesn't seem like a good way to make it hard. Maybe in the harder modes instead of length you get less choices between which opponents to face?
-- I noticed that the quantity column in the quest mode deck portion does not sort in Descending order. Only in ascending order.
-- the additional cards for black/white and blue do seem to balance out the process. Now there are roughly similar amounts of all 5 colors.
-- is it really necessary that there be a rename feature in the questmode menu? Cant we just overwrite our saves with a warning? Seems like a better and more intuitive way to do this. (Currently you cant save a deck once youve changed it to the same name.)
-- Creatures to nonCreatures ratio is still very much lopsided. I think this is controlled irl by the way sets are designed and packaged so that in each frequency there are a certain number of noncreature cards printed to control the balance. It seem smart to at least try to simulate this in quest mode.
visit my personal homepage here: http://outofthebrokensky.com

Listen to my podcast with famed AJ_Impy "Freed from the Real" on http://puremtgo.com
GandoTheBard
Tester

Postby GandoTheBard » 21 Mar 2009, 19:56

playing against Granduer I noticed Baru now has other brokeness/buggyness associated with it... it gives itself +3/+3 even though no forests come into play merely because there are already 3 forests in play.

Listen to my podcast with famed AJ_Impy "Freed from the Real" on http://puremtgo.com
GandoTheBard
Tester

Postby GandoTheBard » 21 Mar 2009, 20:06

Another thing that I noticed that really hasn't been too much of an issue in the past but will be if we decide to use kinship cards in the quest decks: the Status display that shows what cards are reveal scrolls WAYYYYY of the edge of the screen so that we cant see what was shown. Seems a bit of a bad UI. Better would be a popup with the card pics.

GandoTheBard
Tester

Postby Chris H. » 21 Mar 2009, 20:36

GandoTheBard wrote:-- Not happy that the AI decks menu was removed from quest mode. We are not done testing/creating quest decks. This lack is not a good thing.
The AI Decks menu will appear if you place a file named "edit" in your forge folder. Rares recently mentioned this in our forum.

I think that this is in essence a play-balance issue. We, the team members, can continue to create and edit the quests decks while the google people can enjoy our efforts without spoiling the effect by viewing the quest decks card by card.
Chris H.
Forge Moderator

Postby GandoTheBard » 22 Mar 2009, 04:05

Chris H. wrote:
GandoTheBard wrote:-- Not happy that the AI decks menu was removed from quest mode. We are not done testing/creating quest decks. This lack is not a good thing.
The AI Decks menu will appear if you place a file named "edit" in your forge folder. Rares recently mentioned this in our forum.

I think that this is in essence a play-balance issue. We, the team members, can continue to create and edit the quests decks while the google people can enjoy our efforts without spoiling the effect by viewing the quest decks card by card.
Thats not very cool. Why not just make the upload here correct? or add in the "edit" file needed?

GandoTheBard
Tester

Postby Mr.Chaos » 22 Mar 2009, 09:41

YES! Another update! Thanks to all who worked on this. Your efforts are appreciated.
Ok, time to go test this little monster. :D
](*,) = coder at work, according to a coder.It does explain some of the bugs. :wink:
Mr.Chaos
Tester

Postby mtgrares » 23 Mar 2009, 19:33

Thanks DennisBergkamp, merging and keeping up with my various small updates is challenging.

-- I noticed that the quantity column in the quest mode deck portion does not sort in Descending order. Only in ascending order.
I was just happy the sorting didn't take forever so I removed sorting in descending sort.
mtgrares
DEVELOPER

Return to Forge