Text Size

MTGForge 03/26 (unofficial BETA) version

Moderators: timmermac, Blacksmith, KrazyTheFox, Agetian, friarsol, CCGHQ Admins

MTGForge 03/26 (unofficial BETA) version

Postby DennisBergkamp » 27 Mar 2009, 04:39

New version!!

Features/Fixes
:

-(Hopefully) fixed state based effects. Main cards to test would be Essence Warden and Soul warden, since there was some weird stuff going on with those cards.
- Removed first strike, double strike and lifelink from Llanowar Elves (it just wasn't meant to be :) )
- Fixed some exalted issues, now if multiple attackers attack, and all but one of the attackers are sacrificed, then the single attacker won't end up receiving exalted bonuses anymore.
- Fixed Morph - should only be able to play a morph creature face down during main phase1 or 2, and should be able to "morph up" anytime now.
- Fixed control magicced ("Memnarched") rebels / mercenaries fetch, also Counterbalance, Rootwater Thief, Sliver Overlord - they shouldn't check the original controller's library anymore.
- Added in some AI attack logic for exalted (AI will first check if a mass attack could kill the player, if not, it will check and see if there are 3 or more creatures with exalted in play, OR Rafiq of the Many, OR 2 or Battlegrace Angels, then it will only attack with its largest attacker).
- Fixed damage not being removed from Cavern Harpy when it gets bounced.
- Fixed exalted not working correctly during planeswalker combat.
- Fixed First / Double Strikers not being able to damage planeswalkers.
- Fixed Lifelink not happening when attacking planeswalkers.
- Fixed First/Double strike computer attack: originally, Human blockers without first strike oftentimes wouldn't hurt first strike computer attackers, and vice versa: the computer's attackers wouldn't hurt the human blockers either.
- Fixed Creatures with Flying/Unblockable/etc. and a landwalking ability being able to get blocked by creatures that should not be able to block them, just because the blocker's controller did not control a land of the landwalk-type (for instance, Bayou Dragonfly getting blocked by Vine-Trellis because the controller of the latter has no swamps in play).
- Hopefully fixed the AI being able to devour Human's creatures when animating it from Human's graveyard.
- Fixed Shatter (would crash if human tried to cast it), it is also an instant now instead of a sorcery.

Anyway, I messed a lot with the combat code, I'd be curious to see if funny stuff comes up. This could use a LOT of testing, even though I've tested this a bunch and didn't notice anything unexpected.

New Cards:

- Loxodon Hierarch, Jedit's Dragoons, Teroh's Faithful, Spiritual Guardian, Staunch Defenders, Shu Soldier-Farmers
- Aven Trailblazer
- Aven Brigadier, this card has awesome synergy with Preeminent Captain, and of course Aven Riftwatcher :)
- Field Marshal, I was seeing some funny stuff going on when this was in play at together with Aven Brigadier :(
- Tarmogoyf, seems to be working without bugs, it even survived an AI Tremor when it was a 0/1.
- Slith Predator, Slith Ascendant, Slith Bloodletter, Slith Firewalker, Slith Strider
- A bunch of "when this creature becomes blocked" cards: Silkenfist Fighter, Silkenfist Order, Saprazzan Heir, Elven Warhounds, Quagmire Lamprey, Alley Grifters, Sylvan Basilisk, Corrupt Official, Chambered Nautilus. Could also use a bunch of testing, I have only thoroughly tested a few of these.
Attachments
MTGForge0326.rar
(1.86 MiB) Downloaded 284 times
DennisBergkamp
AI Programmer

Re: MTGForge 03/26 (unofficial BETA) version

Postby GandoTheBard » 27 Mar 2009, 06:30

Is that when becomes blocked a keyword? because there are plenty more cards that could be added once its fixed if so.
GandoTheBard
Tester

Postby Mr.Chaos » 27 Mar 2009, 07:09

Well, after yesterday's migraine attack, I could use a little upper and look, Dennis supplies me with one. :wink:
Thanks for the many fixes and for some interesting new cards. Sylvan Basilisk will be fun to try, since its effect happens before combat.

When I started playing magic, my first set actually was Portal 2, the set from which the Sylvan Basilisk originates.
Even back then, green was my favorite color and my first self made deck included 4 of the basilisks and 4 Alluring Scent. One of the nastiest combos green had in Portal 2. :twisted:
Although casting Alluring Scent on a Deathcoil Wurm was also a fun way to win a game.

Ok, enough babbling, time to go test this bugridden monstrosity of a game. :wink:
](*,) = coder at work, according to a coder.It does explain some of the bugs. :wink:
Mr.Chaos
Tester

Postby Chris H. » 27 Mar 2009, 11:18

Thank you Dennis.

The list of fixes is impressive. :)
Chris H.
Forge Moderator

Postby DennisBergkamp » 27 Mar 2009, 16:36

I forgot to test Sylvan Basilisk :(
And when I just did, it turns out it's not working (easy fix though).

Ahh, this reminds me, I should probably add some additional code for the AI so it can figure out Sylvan Basilisk will always destroy any blocker (to prevent stupid blocks).

EDIT: The reason Sylvan Basilisk does not work:

Code: Select all
b.destroy() //b is the blocker
Should be:

Code: Select all
AllZone.GameAction.destroy(b);
The former just executes code that's set in setDestroy(), which is code that triggers "whenever a card is put into a graveyard from play" (Onulet, Tarpan, Solemn Simulacrum, etc.), but it won't actually destroy the card :roll:
DennisBergkamp
AI Programmer

Postby DennisBergkamp » 27 Mar 2009, 16:49

Is that when becomes blocked a keyword? because there are plenty more cards that could be added once its fixed if so.
I was considering this... however, there's always the result of becoming blocked that will have to be programmed (you draw a card, your opponent draws a card, creature becomes untapped, etc.) unless we also write keywords for those.

And it would need two keywords at least because there are different cases of being blocked, for instance Sylvan Basilisk will trigger each time a creature blocks it, Alley Grifters will trigger only once, even if it gets blocked by multiple blockers.
DennisBergkamp
AI Programmer

Thanks

Postby mtgrares » 27 Mar 2009, 18:22

As always, that is a lot of good, hard work. We all say "thank you". [-o<
mtgrares
DEVELOPER

Return to Forge