It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 18:00

Text Size

Quest Decks

Moderators: timmermac, Blacksmith, KrazyTheFox, Agetian, friarsol, CCGHQ Admins

Quest Decks

Postby mtgrares » 27 Mar 2009, 18:41

Currently there are about 22 AI decks that are using for questing, 03-20 Google release. I've been "researching" the quest mode very thoroughly. I enjoy the very random games where sometimes I get blown to pieces and other times when I overcome and win. Maybe the decks need to be divided up in easy, medium, and hard, but I'm not sure.

Now I only play easy quests because it is so much fun.

p.s.
The quest decks that I added were just the AI decks from "more-decks.zip". Today I'm going to test some of the AI decks that people have posted. I think the more variety the better. The AI probably doesn't need any more weenie decks because those are annoying because they are so fast.
mtgrares
DEVELOPER

Re: Quest Decks

Postby Chris H. » 27 Mar 2009, 20:26

mtgrares wrote:Currently there are about 22 AI decks that are using for questing, 03-20 Google release. I've been "researching" the quest mode very thoroughly. I enjoy the very random games where sometimes I get blown to pieces and other times when I overcome and win. Maybe the decks need to be divided up in easy, medium, and hard, but I'm not sure.

Now I only play easy quests because it is so much fun.

p.s.
The quest decks that I added were just the AI decks from "more-decks.zip". Today I'm going to test some of the AI decks that people have posted. I think the more variety the better. The AI probably doesn't need any more weenie decks because those are annoying because they are so fast.
I just finished a 10 game quest against the "more-decks.zip" AI opponents. It was fun.

It might be a wee bit premature to shoot for dividing up the decks into different difficulty levels at this early stage. I realized this week that we do not yet have enough AI decks to accomplish this at this time.

Designing decks can be like writing, after a while writers block can set in. Most of the decks will need to be based on creatures and it is not very easy to come up with spells to add in that are different from the other decks.

Over all, I am impressed that the quest project has turned out as well as it has. :D
Chris H.
Forge Moderator

Return to Forge