It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 15:07

Text Size

Messed up my Forge layout or Interface.

Moderators: timmermac, Blacksmith, KrazyTheFox, Agetian, friarsol, CCGHQ Admins

Messed up my Forge layout or Interface.

Postby Arclight » 25 May 2013, 01:18

I was in the deck editor/draft mode and I accidentally dragged one of the tabs in the interface into a different window. :oops: Long story short I tried to put it back and I ended up with something completely different.

Would anyone be able to post a screen shot of the default layout of Forge or is there a way to reset back to default. I tried the reset to defaults button in the preferences menu but it's still the same. Here's what my deck editor looks like now.

Also, is there a lock feature for those tabs? Sometimes while I'm just navigating I'll move the tabs and windows by accident.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2013-05-24 at 9.13.49 PM.png
Arclight

Re: Messed up my Forge layout or Interface.

Postby Chris H. » 25 May 2013, 12:43

CHANGES.txt wrote:On several occasions people have noticed that the Forge deck editor and/or quest mode card shop would not open or display. We have also received reports that some of the tabs/panels in the deck editor are missing. There has also been reports that Forge will crash while creating/populating display components during start up or crash when a match is started. One or both of your layout xml files may be corrupted in some fashion. Try deleting the file(s) named "editor.xml" and/or "match.xml" that are now located in your userDir/preferences/ directory. This should force Forge to then use the default layout xml files instead.
Chris H.
Forge Moderator

Postby Arclight » 19 Jul 2013, 17:07

I have all those issues mentioned above. Now when I start a duel the screen is blank with this picture.

I'm using mac osx 10.7 and tried to locate the "userDir/preferences/ directory" to delete those two .xml files. Is that for windows? I did however go to applications, right clicked forge icon, show package contents, Java folder and then defaults folder. Within there, I found the two same .xml files and deleted them. Restarted forge and still no luck.

Is there a way I can reinstall forge and without losing my data, decks, etc.? If not, what's my best option to fix this?
Attachments
Screen Shot 2013-07-19 at 12.58.54 PM.png
Arclight

Postby Chris H. » 19 Jul 2013, 17:16

Follow the instructions that are located in the CHANGES.txt file titled "Match and Deck Editor Layout problems".

- Match and Deck Editor Layout problems -
The match and deck editor windows contain panels that can be moved and/or resized. The changes that you make are saved to files that are named "editor.xml" and "match.xml". These files can be found in your userDir/preferences/ directory.

Sometimes people will decide that they do not like the changes that they made and wish to go back to the original layout. To reset layouts to deafult, go to the Game Settings -> Preferences -> Troubleshooting section. You will find at this location two buttons that will reset the match layout and the deck editor layouts.

Also use the mentioned measure if your match or deckeditor won't start - it would help in 90% of the cases.
Chris H.
Forge Moderator

Postby Rainhold » 25 Jul 2013, 10:15

I can't see my "hand". What should i do?
Rainhold

Postby Chris H. » 25 Jul 2013, 12:12

Rainhold wrote:I can't see my "hand". What should i do?

Follow the instructions that are located in the CHANGES.txt file titled "Match and Deck Editor Layout problems".
Chris H.
Forge Moderator

Postby Rainhold » 25 Jul 2013, 14:01

Thank you very much :D
Rainhold

Fix

Postby Seldatron » 06 Aug 2020, 05:02

mediafire+com-file-hvjn77tn6ou393g-file
Go to Forge -> Layout -> Open -> Locate File in file explorer then save then restart forge

replace + with .
replace - with /
Seldatron

Return to Forge