It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 08:43

Text Size

MTGForge 04/19 (unofficial BETA) version

Moderators: timmermac, Blacksmith, KrazyTheFox, Agetian, friarsol, CCGHQ Admins

Re: MTGForge 04/19 (unofficial BETA) version

Postby DennisBergkamp » 21 Apr 2009, 21:09

Having said that, come to think of it, in Eclipse oftentimes auto completion does not work when I'm messing with CardFactory.java.
It could be that this file's just too damn big, but what if auto completion gets screwed up because there's too many warnings in there? I hope your warning fixes would fix this, that would just be awesome :supz:
DennisBergkamp
AI Programmer

Postby Chris H. » 22 Apr 2009, 00:12

DennisBergkamp wrote:Hmm, I could've sworn I grabbed rares' updated hybrid mana code and merged it with my version... Guess not, I'll do it (again?) and make sure Flame Javelin works this time.
I added this Flame Javelin data to Forge 04-19:

Flame Javelin
2R 2R 2R
Instant
no text
spDamageCP:4

I clicked on the Flame Javelin card during a test game and it said:

Select target Creature, Player, or Planeswalker

but I find that if I click on a target, it does not progress to the mana paying stage. It will let me click on the Cancel button.
Chris H.
Forge Moderator

Postby Chris H. » 22 Apr 2009, 00:14

Rob Cashwalker wrote:All of the updates I've been feeding Dennis have been to deal with all the warnings that cause eclipse to become sluggish as it paints the screen with icons and under-lines....
Thank you for the update, Rob. I remember a time a couple of months ago when someone remarked that he attempted to compile the source and had about 500 warnings and he turned them off. Your work will allow new coders to come in and not be turned off by these warnings.
Chris H.
Forge Moderator

Postby Rob Cashwalker » 22 Apr 2009, 18:33

Chris H. wrote:Thank you for the update, Rob. I remember a time a couple of months ago when someone remarked that he attempted to compile the source and had about 500 warnings and he turned them off. Your work will allow new coders to come in and not be turned off by these warnings.
It certainly distracted me enough that I felt it should be taken care of before some of the warnings became errors in future versions of Java.... However, that was before I heard that Oracle bought Sun, so who knows what the future of Java will be....

Dennis wrote:Having said that, come to think of it, in Eclipse oftentimes auto completion does not work when I'm messing with CardFactory.java.
It could be that this file's just too damn big, but what if auto completion gets screwed up because there's too many warnings in there? I hope your warning fixes would fix this, that would just be awesome :supz:
Yep, the auto-completion, or for that matter, the entire pop-up engine gets completely hosed by CardFactory. I'm hoping the warning fixes should take care of some of it, but I doubt it would solve it. I think eclipse is constantly compiling the file, and it takes a while to compile CardFactory, either it's because of all the warnings, or just the sheer size....

I think one of our next steps should be to figure out how to break up the CardFactory into multiple smaller files.... Like all Creatures and Planeswalkers in one file, Instants and Sorceries in another, Artifacts, Enchantments and Lands in another, and a separate file for the keyword scripts.
Last edited by Rob Cashwalker on 22 Apr 2009, 18:38, edited 2 times in total.
The Force will be with you, Always.
Rob Cashwalker
Programmer

Postby DennisBergkamp » 22 Apr 2009, 18:35

Chris H. wrote:
DennisBergkamp wrote:Hmm, I could've sworn I grabbed rares' updated hybrid mana code and merged it with my version... Guess not, I'll do it (again?) and make sure Flame Javelin works this time.
I added this Flame Javelin data to Forge 04-19:

Flame Javelin
2R 2R 2R
Instant
no text

I clicked on the Flame Javelin card during a test game and it said:

Select target Creature, Player, or Planeswalker

but I find that if I click on a target, it does not progress to the mana paying stage. It will let me click on the Cancel button.
Try changing the 2R 2R 2R cost to 2/R 2/R 2/R, that should do the trick :)
DennisBergkamp
AI Programmer

Postby DennisBergkamp » 22 Apr 2009, 19:40

The funny thing about CardFactory is that auto completion seems to work at the end of the file, but around line 16000 and lower (actually, you'd have to scroll UP, if that makes sense) nothing pops up.

I think one of our next steps should be to figure out how to break up the CardFactory into multiple smaller files.... Like all Creatures and Planeswalkers in one file, Instants and Sorceries in another, Artifacts, Enchantments and Lands in another, and a separate file for the keyword scripts.
This would indeed be awesome. CardFactory is currently 26073 lines (and growing!). A wee bit big for a single class, if you ask me.
DennisBergkamp
AI Programmer

Postby DennisBergkamp » 22 Apr 2009, 22:41

jpb2 wrote:I don't even want to know how long it took to add protection. Insane!
About a week of changing code in a lot of different places :) Painful, and a lot of work, but not that difficult as it turned out.

By the way, are you the jpb that used to frequent these forums (and fixed quite a few bugs also) ? If so, welcome back!
DennisBergkamp
AI Programmer

Postby Chris H. » 23 Apr 2009, 00:17

DennisBergkamp wrote:Try changing the 2R 2R 2R cost to 2/R 2/R 2/R, that should do the trick :)
I tried the following:

Flame Javelin
2/R 2/R 2/R
Instant
no text

and no go. :(
Chris H.
Forge Moderator

Postby DennisBergkamp » 23 Apr 2009, 02:06

Should work on the 4/22 version :)
DennisBergkamp
AI Programmer

Postby Chris H. » 23 Apr 2009, 11:41

DennisBergkamp wrote:Should work on the 4/22 version :)
Yeah, I tested the card after downloading the 04-22 version and found that it worked just fine. Awesome.

I had started a quest under the 04-04 version and had moved the quest files over to the 04-19 version in order to finish the quest.

After finishing the quest, I started a number of new matches in the same quest. I got above 11 matches and the quest continued. Rares had mentioned that this bug had been found and fixed. Great job guys.
Chris H.
Forge Moderator

Previous

Return to Forge