It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 11:12

Text Size

MTGForge 04/22 (unofficial BETA) version

Moderators: timmermac, Blacksmith, KrazyTheFox, Agetian, friarsol, CCGHQ Admins

MTGForge 04/22 (unofficial BETA) version

Postby DennisBergkamp » 22 Apr 2009, 23:41

New version with some fixes:

- Fixed Timberwatch Elf (and other cards that use input_targetCreature_NoCost_TapAbility), they should not be able to target creatures with protection from {color} / shroud.
- Fixed AI devour: AI should devour any 1/1, 1/2 and 0/2 creature it finds (I should probably include a general method somewhere that returns all valuable creatures to exclude... (Prodigal Sorcerer, Rhys the Redeemed, Elvish Piper, etc.))
- Fixed Lifelink not triggering during planeswalker combat for non-first strikers.
- Fixed Wilt-Leaf Cavaliers text.
- Fixed Divinity of Pride.
- Fixed some issues with cards that trigger when damaging a player and trample (Spawnwrithe, Slith Predator).
- AI shouldn't use Rhys' second ability unless there are 2 or more tokens in play.
- AI should be able to use Elvish Farmer / Mycologist sack saproling for life ability now (will do it when his life < 6).
- A 1/5 wall blocking a Deft Duelist should actually destroy the Deft Duelist (this is a more general bug fix of course, before this, attacking with a first striker would not receive combat damage if it was blocked with a non-first striker provided the attacking creature was controlled by the (human) player).
- Fixed Rolling Stones, all walls can attack now, it used to only affect the walls of the controlling player.
- Quest mode will start with 6 extra red commons, and because I'm just so damn generous 1 extra red uncommon :) Anyway, I hope this makes red more playable in quest mode...

Only 1 extra card: Flame Javelin.
Attachments
MTGForge0422.rar
04/22 BETA
(1.94 MiB) Downloaded 291 times
DennisBergkamp
AI Programmer

Re: MTGForge 04/22 (unofficial BETA) version

Postby Chris H. » 23 Apr 2009, 00:21

DennisBergkamp wrote:- Fixed AI devour: AI should devour any 1/1, 1/2 and 0/2 creature it finds (I should probably include a general method somewhere that returns all valuable creatures to exclude... (Prodigal Sorcerer, Rhys the Redeemed, Elvish Piper, etc.))
Next version, could you also add the 0/1 critters. I feel another Kobold type deck in the making. 8)
Chris H.
Forge Moderator

Postby DennisBergkamp » 23 Apr 2009, 02:07

Ahh, right, I'll add 0/1 in there too :)
DennisBergkamp
AI Programmer

Postby Mr.Chaos » 23 Apr 2009, 05:24

DennisBergkamp wrote:- Quest mode will start with 6 extra red commons, and because I'm just so damn generous 1 extra red uncommon :) Anyway, I hope this makes red more playable in quest mode...
You spoil us, you really do. :wink:
Only other thing I can of to say about this update to the update is this: WOOT! :supz:
](*,) = coder at work, according to a coder.It does explain some of the bugs. :wink:
Mr.Chaos
Tester

Postby GandoTheBard » 23 Apr 2009, 08:19

Here is an oddity: I downloaded the newest version and started a new Questmode. Looking at my colors I see I have 11 white, 13 blue, 13 black, 13 green and 19 red. Odd because before this version I was getting more of the other cards and less than half of that of red. I think the extra cards put us over the edge. Lol. Im not sure whats going on with the color distribution. I'll try some more samples and see what I get.\

Next one: 16 white, 12 blue, 10 black, 10 red, 18 green. Ok so I guess its just a little more random now. :D
visit my personal homepage here: http://outofthebrokensky.com

Listen to my podcast with famed AJ_Impy "Freed from the Real" on http://puremtgo.com
GandoTheBard
Tester

Postby DennisBergkamp » 23 Apr 2009, 16:50

Ah yes it seems the 19 red was just a lucky case... note you will get 7 extra red cards from before, which is quite a lot :)
DennisBergkamp
AI Programmer

Postby mtgrares » 23 Apr 2009, 19:01

Bugs fixes are great, thanks. I'm still amazed when I use shroud and protection.
mtgrares
DEVELOPER

Postby DennisBergkamp » 23 Apr 2009, 19:50

Thanks :) Ugh, I guess I forgot to add the Borderpost lands though. I'll be sure to add them into the next version...
EDIT: I guess they're not even lands but artifacts :roll:
Last edited by DennisBergkamp on 23 Apr 2009, 20:17, edited 1 time in total.
DennisBergkamp
AI Programmer

Postby DennisBergkamp » 23 Apr 2009, 19:55

Next version, could you also add the 0/1 critters. I feel another Kobold type deck in the making. 8)
Actually, these should also be included. It looks at creatures with P/T values lower than or equal to 1/2.

Code: Select all
if (c.getNetAttack() <= 1 && c.getNetDefense() <= 2)
DennisBergkamp
AI Programmer

Postby Chris H. » 30 Apr 2009, 12:52

I'm play testing the new Shroud ability. I have an Elvish Lookout in play and have tried to target it with Instant spells and with the Royal Assassin ability to destroy tapped creature.

I get a nice message, "Cannot target this card (Shroud? Protection?)." I like it. When I cast the Magnify spell the Elvish Lookout received the non targeted buff. Looks good.

The Threshold ability of the Nimble Mongoose is also working. I see that there are a number of cards that use Threshold. Unfortunately, it appears that these other cards would require additional coding.

Protection appears to also be working. I know it is very complicated and that there may be some small section of code that may come to our attention at a later date. Yet, it looks good so far.

I posted here since there are no bugs for me to report, just a big It's working great and thank you. =D>
Chris H.
Forge Moderator

Postby DennisBergkamp » 30 Apr 2009, 16:48

Cool, glad to hear it Chris :)
I think the whole targeted/non-targeted array of spells was one of the trickiest things by the way... had to go through every spell and specify whether it was targeted or not (and oftentimes this had to be done three times, once for human targeting, once for AI targeting and once for resolution).
DennisBergkamp
AI Programmer

Return to Forge