It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 12:09

Text Size

BETA: Quest Data + Deck ranking files 04-26-09

Moderators: timmermac, Blacksmith, KrazyTheFox, Agetian, friarsol, CCGHQ Admins

Re: BETA: Quest Data + Deck ranking files 04-26-09

Postby Chris H. » 28 Apr 2009, 19:31

GandoTheBard wrote:I think it might be worth it to make a cube set for Quest mode that is less robust than the one I made...so that it is still a struggle but that the decks you can build at start will have some spells.
I wonder if the Forge app could give us, say, 6 extra cards. And make them spells, 1 of each color and 1 colorless artifact or multi colored spell?

I feel that some of my recent wins were the result of having a creature heavy deck. It would be interesting to be able to have a 40 card deck containing 4 to 6 spells. If not at first, at least be able to grow into it by the end of the quest.
Chris H.
Forge Moderator

Postby Vecc » 29 Apr 2009, 23:41

I'd love to help you guys with this new test, really wanted to see you the East/Mid/Hard turned out to be and throw some opinions... but unfortunately I've been thrown out of action by a full 3 fingers broken in my right hand - can hardly hold the mouse properly, definitely wouldn't make it through a single full MTGForge game. I'll be out of the forums for a good week or two, too; but wanted to stop by and wish you guys a good testing, coding, playing... whatever you guys are into. :)

See you all soon!
Vecc

Postby Chris H. » 29 Apr 2009, 23:49

Vecc wrote:I'd love to help you guys with this new test, really wanted to see you the East/Mid/Hard turned out to be and throw some opinions... but unfortunately I've been thrown out of action by a full 3 fingers broken in my right hand - can hardly hold the mouse properly, definitely wouldn't make it through a single full MTGForge game. I'll be out of the forums for a good week or two, too; but wanted to stop by and wish you guys a good testing, coding, playing... whatever you guys are into. :)

See you all soon!
We are sorry to hear about your misfortune. We wish you a speedy and full recovery. [-o<

Once you are at a point where you can mouse and type well enough to comunicate, drop in and let us know how you are doing. We will still be here, working on the forge project. :)
Chris H.
Forge Moderator

Postby GandoTheBard » 30 Apr 2009, 01:52

Vecc wrote:I'd love to help you guys with this new test, really wanted to see you the East/Mid/Hard turned out to be and throw some opinions... but unfortunately I've been thrown out of action by a full 3 fingers broken in my right hand - can hardly hold the mouse properly, definitely wouldn't make it through a single full MTGForge game. I'll be out of the forums for a good week or two, too; but wanted to stop by and wish you guys a good testing, coding, playing... whatever you guys are into. :)

See you all soon!
*winces* that sucks :/ Hope you recover soon.
visit my personal homepage here: http://outofthebrokensky.com

Listen to my podcast with famed AJ_Impy "Freed from the Real" on http://puremtgo.com
GandoTheBard
Tester

Postby mtgrares » 30 Apr 2009, 18:39

Ouch Vecc, three broken fingers is not going to help your piano playing.

Dividing up the decks is great. I agree that somehow you should get more spells. Sometimes I play a color just because it has the most spells. The easiest fix would be just to give you more spells, maybe 5 or 10, at the beginning. A more complicated solution would be to generate booster packs with more spells.
mtgrares
DEVELOPER

Postby DennisBergkamp » 30 Apr 2009, 20:15

Yikes, how'd it happen?! :(
Hope you have a speedy recovery!
DennisBergkamp
AI Programmer

Postby Chris H. » 30 Apr 2009, 21:12

mtgrares wrote:I agree that somehow you should get more spells. Sometimes I play a color just because it has the most spells. The easiest fix would be just to give you more spells, maybe 5 or 10, at the beginning. A more complicated solution would be to generate booster packs with more spells.
Another complicated solution would be to check the number of creatures in a given color. If there were more that some number, then replace a creature or two with a spell or two. We could also keep the rarity value of the cards being exchanged.
Chris H.
Forge Moderator

Postby mtgrares » 01 May 2009, 16:43

Chris the easy, med, and hard decks worked great. I had ten good games and no loses. I did not use any land stacking. When I played again on easy mode one of the easy decks almost beat it, it was the one with Sky-something Legnonaire (the 1GW haste flying guy). Other than that, everything seemed really smooth out. Easy but not too easy, hard but not too hard.

The land stacking is good if you have a great deck and the games feel too easy, since it bumps up the difficulty.
mtgrares
DEVELOPER

Postby Chris H. » 01 May 2009, 17:15

mtgrares wrote:Chris the easy, med, and hard decks worked great. I had ten good games and no loses. I did not use any land stacking. When I played again on easy mode one of the easy decks almost beat it, it was the one with Sky-something Legnonaire (the 1GW haste flying guy). Other than that, everything seemed really smooth out. Easy but not too easy, hard but not too hard.

The land stacking is good if you have a great deck and the games feel too easy, since it bumps up the difficulty.
I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed the new decks. I have a few more that I am working on.

The themes that I am working on now could at times catch someone off guard. Overall, I hope that people will enjoy the experience and understand that the project is progressing forward. Everyone's experiences should improve as more decks are added. :D
Chris H.
Forge Moderator

Postby Vecc » 06 May 2009, 21:34

Thanks for all the good wishes guys, turns out they came true. I've got nearly-full movement span for all three fingers in just one week, even tho' it still hurts a bit everytime I use them. It should be all good in 5 days once I take the full anti-inflammatory dose. My (lack of) piano playing skills went unaltered, but I did miss out on a couple guitar practices (and will continue to for the next few days, apparently) :lol:

Good to see that things are moving really well around here. I was stunned by the activity around here in this one week I've been away when I logged in - lots of good stuff to catch up to. I'll try and be of any assistence I can during this 'recovery' period, even tho' I'm still not exactly in top shape. :)

Thanks again!
Vecc

Postby Chris H. » 06 May 2009, 21:56

Vecc wrote:Thanks for all the good wishes guys, turns out they came true. I've got nearly-full movement span for all three fingers in just one week, even tho' it still hurts a bit everytime I use them. It should be all good in 5 days once I take the full anti-inflammatory dose. My (lack of) piano playing skills went unaltered, but I did miss out on a couple guitar practices (and will continue to for the next few days, apparently) :lol:

Good to see that things are moving really well around here. I was stunned by the activity around here in this one week I've been away when I logged in - lots of good stuff to catch up to. I'll try and be of any assistence I can during this 'recovery' period, even tho' I'm still not exactly in top shape. :)

Thanks again!
We are glad to hear that the healing process is coning along at a nice pace.

Meanwhile, enjoy the new cards and check out the german card site and find yourself some nice basic land jpgs.
Chris H.
Forge Moderator

Postby gohongohon » 29 May 2009, 05:28

i know it has been a while but i have been playing around and stuff one thing i have to say is it has been a lot easier lol. im 24-0 on very hard with a sexy like u/r deck but it is a lot more fun because i get more cards to play with :). Also not sure if it has been figuered out but Defense of the Heart is broken because with the ability on the stack you can put more of the ability on the stack and draw all your creatrues
gohongohon

Previous

Return to Forge