It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 15:40

Text Size

Arcanis's User Made Card Thread.

Moderators: timmermac, Blacksmith, KrazyTheFox, Agetian, friarsol, CCGHQ Admins

Re: Arcanis's User Made Card Thread.

Postby MageKing17 » 04 Jun 2009, 20:05

GandoTheBard wrote:Yeah I was referring to the way programs handle tokens becoming other things...
Well, in Incantus we create a "blank" token (the info dictionary is empty... no name, types, subtypes, anything) which then becomes a copy of the card. That copy is then moved into play (due to the way coming into play works, it re-copies the card once it enters play) and you've got yourself a copy. That's the method used by Spitting Image.

In this case, instead of a "blank" we'll have a Saproling. This isn't actually a big deal, since the copy effect is permanent and the name, subtype, and color will be ignored once it's copied different values for those things.
MageKing17
Programmer

Postby GandoTheBard » 04 Jun 2009, 22:25

MageKing17 wrote:
GandoTheBard wrote:Yeah I was referring to the way programs handle tokens becoming other things...
Well, in Incantus we create a "blank" token (the info dictionary is empty... no name, types, subtypes, anything) which then becomes a copy of the card. That copy is then moved into play (due to the way coming into play works, it re-copies the card once it enters play) and you've got yourself a copy. That's the method used by Spitting Image.

In this case, instead of a "blank" we'll have a Saproling. This isn't actually a big deal, since the copy effect is permanent and the name, subtype, and color will be ignored once it's copied different values for those things.
Ah Ok...I didn't know that. :) I guess I will need to check out incantus sometime...too many other things have kept me from doing so already. Though I did take a peek at the forums.
visit my personal homepage here: http://outofthebrokensky.com

Listen to my podcast with famed AJ_Impy "Freed from the Real" on http://puremtgo.com
GandoTheBard
Tester

Postby MageKing17 » 04 Jun 2009, 22:51

GandoTheBard wrote:Ah Ok...I didn't know that. :) I guess I will need to check out incantus sometime...too many other things have kept me from doing so already. Though I did take a peek at the forums.
Fair enough, I've always been too busy to look at MTG Forge, although I've always wanted to see how the AI behaves (even though I know from reading how simplistic it is, we have a complete lack of an AI, so I'm always interested in seeing how they perform).

Speaking of which, my title says "AI Programmer" for some reason, despite the fact that I've definitely never coded an AI, and I'm not even helping with a project with an AI. :P
MageKing17
Programmer

Postby Huggybaby » 05 Jun 2009, 13:16

Oops, my bad. But if you ever do, let me know!
Huggybaby
Administrator

Postby MageKing17 » 05 Jun 2009, 16:57

Huggybaby wrote:Oops, my bad. But if you ever do, let me know!
If I do, it probably won't play Magic. ;)
MageKing17
Programmer

Previous

Return to Forge