It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 06:30

Text Size

MTGForge 06/18 (unofficial BETA) version

Moderators: timmermac, Blacksmith, KrazyTheFox, Agetian, friarsol, CCGHQ Admins

Re: MTGForge 06/18 (unofficial BETA) version

Postby Rob Cashwalker » 22 Jun 2009, 02:56

It's "The Blind Eternities".

I had fun with it today.... BTW, I should mention that I used a combo of MS Word and Paintshop Pro to do it. Word for the pentagon shape and circle objects on the corners, plus the fill effects. Add the Mana Pool as WordArt objects. Then copy it over to PSP, and merge it onto the fractal background. All done at an original resolution of 900x1260, then shrunk to 200x280 for the card image.
The Force will be with you, Always.
Rob Cashwalker
Programmer

Postby Mr.Chaos » 22 Jun 2009, 06:10

Rob, your latest "psychedelic spacewarped" version actually looks good in game.
At first glance here on the website, I thought it was too busy/crowded to really work. Then I imported it into the game and it looks really cool.
Since it is smaller ingame than here on the site, it actually loses a little detail making for a not too distracting image.
So thumbs up for that one. =D>
](*,) = coder at work, according to a coder.It does explain some of the bugs. :wink:
Mr.Chaos
Tester

Postby Chris H. » 22 Jun 2009, 11:13

I ran a test and found that the words mana pool are readable with the card size set to Large and to the default Medium sizes. At Small size I could still make out the words with my reading glasses. At Tiny size I can barely make out the cards much less read the text on them. :lol:

I think that most people that are new to Forge will likely play at the default Medium size.

I also like having the mana pool displayed as the first card in the land row. And having the Mox down there is a nice addition.
Chris H.
Forge Moderator

Postby juzamjedi » 25 Jun 2009, 14:02

All,

I don't download the latest Forge on a regular basis, but I upgraded my local install last night. After playing with it a bit I have to say the biggest improvements are stacking of the cards to organize the play area and being able to see cards removed from zone. Those UI improvements really go a long way to making Forge easier to play.

I realize these changes were probably made several releases ago but I wanted to give you some positive feedback as this really made a big difference for me.
juzamjedi
Tester

Previous

Return to Forge