It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 01:14

Text Size

computer performance and mtg forge...

Moderators: timmermac, Blacksmith, KrazyTheFox, Agetian, friarsol, CCGHQ Admins

computer performance and mtg forge...

Postby makelaris » 19 Jun 2009, 16:58

Hi all, i would like to ask you about a problem of the mtg_forge.When i am start playing,it runs smoothly but after a series of games (especially in quest mode and when the whole board is filled with cards during a session) the game lags and the whole performance of my comp plummets.When i am checking it through task manager,i observe that the javaw.exe,which i assume regards the mtg_forge, uses a great amount of memory (usually more than 50k).Of course i terminate all the proccesses and the running programs that i don't use and still the problem persists.It something to do with my comp alone,meaning that it isn't strong enough? (duron64 x2 at 1,8 GHz,2 GHz ram memory).Is it any way to fix that besides changing pc? Thnx in advance amd please excuse my english.
makelaris

Re: computer performance and mtg forge...

Postby mtgrares » 19 Jun 2009, 17:32

Certain games may lag if the board is full of state effects like Glorious Anthem and Valor. Hopefully MTG Forge shouldn't lag during most regular games. After a few games you could always try closing down MTG Forge and then opening it up again. This isn't a great solution but sometimes it works.

My PC is very slow compared with yours, Pentium 2, 733 mhz, 256 ram and I haven't had many problems with MTG Forge. I'm using Windows XP, what operating system are you using? There is always a possibility that the specific Java version that you are using has a flaw that causes it to use too much memory, so you could try download a newer Java runtime library from http://www.java.com/en/download/index.jsp
mtgrares
DEVELOPER

Postby makelaris » 19 Jun 2009, 17:57

Thnx for your advice, i have already installed the latest version of javaRE but the problem still persist...I am using winXP service pack 3 as an operating system.
makelaris

Postby mtgrares » 19 Jun 2009, 18:14

Then my only real suggestion is to restart MTG Forge occansionally and while this is annoying, restarting does seem to help many different programs. Just close MTG Forge and then reopen it. You might also try closing MTG Forge, logging out and then logging it. Personally I find that logging out is faster than restarting Windows.
mtgrares
DEVELOPER

Return to Forge