It is currently 29 Apr 2024, 05:33

Text Size

Suggestion for commander deck editior

Moderators: timmermac, Blacksmith, KrazyTheFox, Agetian, friarsol, CCGHQ Admins

Suggestion for commander deck editior

Postby Hapse » 20 Dec 2013, 09:07

Hi there :)
I bet this have been suggested before but ill suggest it anyways ;)
It would be awesome if once i've picked a general i could only see cards in it's color.

example:
I choose Mayael the Anima
Now i only get to see red, green and white cards because blue and black would not be legal to pick so there is no reason for me to see them :)

Thanks!

-Hapse

edit: is there a way i for now can filter multicolored so i only see RGW e.g.
Hapse

Re: Suggestion for commander deck editior

Postby drdev » 20 Dec 2013, 14:29

If you simply toggle off {B} and {U} in the filters, you should see only {R} {G} and {W} cards (along with colorless cards and multicolor cards containing only those colors).

That said, I'll look into your suggestion, as I'm currently working on Deck Editor usability improvements.
drdev
Programmer

Postby Hapse » 20 Dec 2013, 15:44

drdev wrote:If you simply toggle off {B} and {U} in the filters, you should see only {R} {G} and {W} cards (along with colorless cards and multicolor cards containing only those colors).

That said, I'll look into your suggestion, as I'm currently working on Deck Editor usability improvements.
Awesome thanks =D>
Hapse

Postby Terramort » 23 Dec 2013, 23:36

My friends and I play a fairly popular, modified version of EDH to alleviate some of the discrepancies, over-used combos and price problems. The differences aren't too numerous, and if you could us an option of "Modified EDH" or regular EDH, building & testing decks would be much more akin to how we play in real life. Alternatively, if the option that forces legality checking would allow you to make these changes (and others) without throwing an error, that'll work too.

1. Commander can be any creature or planeswalker. Since it's singleton mode anyway, forcing a legendary to be the commander is a little is a bit silly. Also, isn't a planeswalker an exceptionally powerful legendary creature?

2. 40 different names must be used in the deck, not including basic land cards. This allows for some degree of consistency. Uncommons may only appear 3 times, and rares only twice. Legendary creatures, mythic rares, and planeswalkers cannot appear in the deck more than once, however.

3. You may skip your entire turn (including your untap and draw phases) to search your deck for a basic land card and put it onto the battlefield tapped. This helps alleviate the constant mana problems, as players who are mana flooded can get a decent hand as the other mana strained player skips a few turns to get a base established.

4. The commander can be cast from the graveyard, your library, and exile zone for the commander summons cost + commander cost to prevent people spamming their decks with shuffle cards for the sole purpose of permanent commander removal. Commander is sort of the point of the game.

5. There is no commander damage. Commanders already hold hold the position of being incredibly powerful with abilities, can be summoned infinitely, and the recent rulechange (the legend rule now applies to a players field, not the entire field, so two players can have the same named commander) make certain hexproof/unblockable creatures entirely unfair and force expensive, field wipe cards all over the place just to deal with a resummonable threat. Also, it takes 20 poison to lose the game.
Terramort

Return to Forge