It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 02:19

Text Size

Can we add cards?

Moderators: timmermac, Blacksmith, KrazyTheFox, Agetian, friarsol, CCGHQ Admins

Can we add cards?

Postby Fracturedorb » 01 Jul 2009, 02:47

Is there a way for us to add cards we want to this program? There are several cards I can think of that I know have similar options already implemented. I don't know where in this forum would be a good place to start if said information already exists.
Fracturedorb

Re: Can we add cards?

Postby Rob Cashwalker » 01 Jul 2009, 04:19

Yes, cards can be added.

However, even though there are cards with similar function, card support requires code to be written. Most of the existing card code is copy and pasted and modified to fit the new card. Generally, it's not something that the casual user is going to do just to add cards.
Slowly, we are adding more and more support for supporting plain-text, pseudo-script, keywords for standard effects that enable support for a wide range of cards without specifically coding each one where the only difference is the magnitude of the effect (+1 vs +2, etc). Cards using these types of keywords can be added by anyone, even custom cards can be supported as long as they utilize the basic elements.

Discussion about card code and other development is centered in the Developer's Corner. There's a request thread here in the main section, if you just have some suggestions.
The Force will be with you, Always.
Rob Cashwalker
Programmer

Return to Forge