It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 09:07

Text Size

PC Videogame - Plants vs Zombies

Moderators: timmermac, Blacksmith, KrazyTheFox, Agetian, friarsol, CCGHQ Admins

PC Videogame - Plants vs Zombies

Postby mtgrares » 08 Jul 2009, 20:33

This has nothing to do with Magic.

I have to tell you about this casual, strategy videogame that enthralled me for six hours this week. PopCap’s Plants vs. Zombies pits you against a horde of zombies that are trying to reach your house and eat your brain. Your goal is to use a variety of plants, aka cannons, to destroy the zombies. There are a variety of plants that you can use with a total of 49. The zombies also come in 26 different varieties such as zombie quarterback, cone on head (tougher than your average zombie), or my favorite the Michael Jackson, thriller zombie that sports a flashy red jacket and summons backup dancers. The difficulty starts easy and then slowly keeps pushing you. Each level is beautifully designed. As a fellow programmer I can tell the A LOT of time went into this videogame.

Download Trial Version
mtgrares
DEVELOPER

Re: PC Videogame - Plants vs Zombies

Postby Mr.Chaos » 09 Jul 2009, 07:28

Fun little game, I played it a while back, the nighttime levels are my favorite, because of the mushrooms you get to use. Polefaulting zombie for teh win!)

I did not want to start a thread because it is not MTGForge related but seeing how Rares side stepped, I will use this opportinity to report this:
Catch this if you can: http://www.bbc.co.uk/torchwood/
(unfortunately, all videos on the site only work for U.K. viewers. Still, it will wet your appetite.)
Season 3 of Torchwood. A 5 part mini series running this week, from monday through friday at 9 pm british time.
I have seen the first 3 episodes and it is just awesome!
Blows your mind kind of stuff. You can probably find torrents of the episodes or just wait until they come to a tv station near you because this is a must see!
Torwood headquaters gets blown to bits by a very awkwardly placed bomb, aliens speak through children and good old captain Jack does a Han Solo immitation in concrete.
And that's just for starters!
2 more episodes to go and I can't wait!
](*,) = coder at work, according to a coder.It does explain some of the bugs. :wink:
Mr.Chaos
Tester

Postby Mr.Chaos » 09 Jul 2009, 08:20

And while I am running amok here I might as well point you in the direction of something completely different:
FUTURE PINBALL!
http://www.futurepinball.com/
Freeware pinball simultator that has been around since 2006. (Well, ok, the first release was late 2005 but the first tables appeared in early 2006, once the table makers got to grips with the workings of the program.)
Download the program, grab some pinball tables and play!
This is THE BEST free pinball simulator around.
What's more, you can design your own pinball tables or just download tables made by others and play them.

You can alter the viewpoint of the game, changing the angle from which you look at the table by pressing the F1 to F8 keys, even during play!
Most tables allow for up to 4 players to play, some only for 1 or 2 players.
Sometimes you can change settings, like the number of balls and angle of the table.( high angle means the ball travels faster towards the bottom while it is harder to knock it upwards)

The pinball tables are downloaded seperately and can vary in size. The small tables come in at 5MB, the mega awesome, blowing your brains out with flashy lights, sounds and ramps tables can be up to 80MB!!!
This is one of those huge file tables: 3 angels (99MB file!), it looks, sounds and plays awesome!
http://fprelease.free.fr/tables/114-three_angels
This is BEAT BOX(14MB) a remake of an old dos pc pinball game. Smooth and wonderfull to play.
http://fprelease.free.fr/tables/429-pinball_dreams_beat_box

There are 2 types of tables, remakes and originals.
Remakes are just that, remakes of real pinball machines as found in the arcades. Most are close to perfect as these guys are devoted to detail and precise remaking the original machines.
Original tables are pinball games not based on escisting machines, just completely new ideas turned into pinball tables.
Both types have fantastic tables and there are literally hundreds of tables to try, all for free.

Info about the site:
Download: leads to the Future Pinball file (22MB) you need to play the tables.
Tables: List of sites where you can download tables to play in Future Pinball.
Support: leads to the forum. Free registration required, then you can post your own tables or comment on tables made by others. The forum also offers first chance to download the latest tables.

So if you have a half decent computer, fast internet connection and ever enjoyed a game of pinball, give it try, you won't be disappointed.
](*,) = coder at work, according to a coder.It does explain some of the bugs. :wink:
Mr.Chaos
Tester

Postby mtgrares » 10 Jul 2009, 17:51

Well I always enjoy good free games. (Or at least games that have a pretty fun demo.)
mtgrares
DEVELOPER

Postby apthaven » 12 Jul 2009, 12:13

Anyone here a sucker for Flash Games? Numerous sites have lots of them... ranging from the absurd clicking games to those one who require you to think like puzzles.

The thing is after you're done with them... they simply become forgotten :lol:
"I am a man and real men do not consume pink beverages. Get thee gone woman, and bring me something brown." - Jace Wayland
apthaven
Tester

Postby Rob Cashwalker » 12 Jul 2009, 13:34

Flash games... like on Facebook? My wife plays them all day. Even though I finally joined Facebook, I can't stand playing games on it. I've got REAL games to play and program.
The Force will be with you, Always.
Rob Cashwalker
Programmer

Postby GandoTheBard » 12 Jul 2009, 21:16

Facebook games are a joke. But there are some sophisticated ones out there like Evony. I tried that game for a week and my impression is it is a) a time suck. (you have to keep going back to get anything done.) b) the graphics and UI are superb and intuitive. c) the game content is really geared around feeding habitual behaviors and sucking money from the gullible via buy ins. The social aspect is minorly intriguing but not worth it imho unless you have alot of good friends wasting the same time as you. :) But that said it is a lot more sophisticated than the facebook games which are just plain silly.
visit my personal homepage here: http://outofthebrokensky.com

Listen to my podcast with famed AJ_Impy "Freed from the Real" on http://puremtgo.com
GandoTheBard
Tester

Return to Forge