It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 22:24

Text Size

Undo help

Moderators: timmermac, Blacksmith, KrazyTheFox, Agetian, friarsol, CCGHQ Admins

Undo help

Postby mtgguy123 » 16 Feb 2014, 21:41

Hi, I've got a query about the Undo facility. I have a Wirewood Channeler in my deck and have mistakenly tapped him in various phases before combat (DA phase). His activated ability allows him to genrate mana. I'm not using him for mana or using his activated ability in any other way. I've just clicked him in the wrong phase (too eager to put some pain on the AI!). I thought I would be able to undo this using the undo feature but I can't. I've not added anything to the stack, nor has the AI but the undo option does not work, he remains tapped. Is this by design? If so, what does the undo feature allow you to undo and is there any way to untap if you've tapped in error? Thanks.
mtgguy123

Re: Undo help

Postby drdev » 17 Feb 2014, 18:46

Undo (Ctrl+Z) should work to untap lands and other mana sources that are tapped prior to clicking a card to cast it or activate an ability that requires mana. There are some known limitations to the feature, which includes cards that require an additional payment (such as life) when tapping them. I'm not sure off hand why Wirewood Channeler would fall in that bucket, but it's possible it's just coded to have a non-undoable mana ability for some reason.

Sadly there's no way to undo a misclick for non-undoable mana abilities at this time. Hopefully we can improve this moving forward if somebody more familiar with mana abilities has time to work on it. Although I was the one who introduced the current, very basic, Undo support, as well as the Auto button for auto-payment of mana, I didn't make much in the way of changes to the way mana payment and refunding is handled, so I'm not the best person to make any changes for this.
drdev
Programmer

Re: Undo help

Postby mtgguy123 » 20 Feb 2014, 22:54

Thanks for the response. Just need to careful what I click!
mtgguy123

Return to Forge