Card pic's not downloading

Moderators: timmermac, Blacksmith, KrazyTheFox, Agetian, friarsol, CCGHQ Admins

Card pic's not downloading

Postby gohongohon » 02 Aug 2009, 03:49

cant get it working says im not online so not sure what is going on
gohongohon

Re: Card pic's not downloading

Postby silly freak » 02 Aug 2009, 10:32

that can have different reasons... maybe the program can't connect through a firewall or proxy?
___

where's the "trust me, that will work!" switch for the compiler?
Laterna Magica - blog, forum, project, 2010/09/06 release!
silly freak
DEVELOPER

Postby Chris H. » 02 Aug 2009, 10:41

gohongohon wrote:cant get it working says im not online so not sure what is going on
The servers that host the jpgs can be taken down for maintenance, one of their files can become corrupted and then deleted, etc.

Can you tell us which card jpg caused this message. The card jpg in question should have been displayed along with the error message.
Chris H.
Forge Moderator

Postby silly freak » 02 Aug 2009, 13:45

Okay, this is a version of the downlader that lets you specify a proxy for the connection. Maybe this helps you. Rename it to jar and execute it.
___

where's the "trust me, that will work!" switch for the compiler?
Laterna Magica - blog, forum, project, 2010/09/06 release!
silly freak
DEVELOPER

Postby Mercury071476 » 02 Aug 2009, 14:58

I have the same problem too.

the mountain.jpg caused the error. :?
Mercury071476

Postby Chris H. » 02 Aug 2009, 16:15

Mercury071476 wrote:I have the same problem too.

the mountain.jpg caused the error. :?
I loaded the "card-pictures.txt" file into a text editor. The top four lines contains the urls for the four different mountain jpgs. I copied and pasted these four urls into my web browser and the proper jpgs were loaded and displayed.

I uncompressed a new copy of the 07-31 release and told it to "Download Card Pictures" and the four mountain jpgs appeared in the pics folder.

I think the wotc file server was offline for maintenance. Try again and see if it works.
Chris H.
Forge Moderator

Postby Rin » 02 Aug 2009, 21:32

I have the same problem. All of the card images work when the address is entered from the txt file, but MTG Forge seems unable to download them.

The error message reads "You must be connected to the internet. error downloading card:mountain1.jpg http://gatherer.wizards.com/Handlers/Im ... eid=159286"

I have tried changing to card-pictures.txt to download other cards first, but I am presented with the same error with the card name and address changed to reflect the card it is attempting to download.

My first thought is that it might be router related, but I have no idea what port would allow it to work. As a last ditch resort, would it be possible to somehow obtain the cards another way and insert them into the game?
Rin

Postby Chris H. » 02 Aug 2009, 23:02

Rin wrote:I have the same problem. All of the card images work when the address is entered from the txt file, but MTG Forge seems unable to download them.

The error message reads "You must be connected to the internet. error downloading card:mountain1.jpg http://gatherer.wizards.com/Handlers/Im ... eid=159286"

I have tried changing to card-pictures.txt to download other cards first, but I am presented with the same error with the card name and address changed to reflect the card it is attempting to download.

My first thought is that it might be router related, but I have no idea what port would allow it to work. As a last ditch resort, would it be possible to somehow obtain the cards another way and insert them into the game?
I moved all of the jpgs out of my pics directory and told Forge to "Download Card Pictures" and it is working for me. Forge has at this moment downloaded the first 157 jpgs and has not given me an error message. I wish that I could be of more assistance.
Chris H.
Forge Moderator

Postby Chris H. » 03 Aug 2009, 01:26

Rin wrote:As a last ditch resort, would it be possible to somehow obtain the cards another way and insert them into the game?
At the url below you can find a zip archive containing all of the jpgs for the 05-03-2009 version. There is a second archive containing many of the jpg images for the tokens.

Uncompress these two archives and place the jpgs in the subdirectory names"pics". This should give you many of the pictures that you are missing.

I hope that this will help you. :)

http://www.slightlymagic.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=934#p10181

@Rares - I may be mistaken, but I thought that at one time in the past the "Helper Files - tokens, cards pictures, set editor" was a stickied topic.
Chris H.
Forge Moderator

Postby Mercury071476 » 03 Aug 2009, 02:46

Thanks chris, you're the greatest... it worked. =D>
Mercury071476

Postby Rin » 03 Aug 2009, 04:19

Thanks so much! That's just what I needed.
Rin

Postby Chris H. » 03 Aug 2009, 10:46

You are welcome, I am glad that I could help.

Have fun and enjoy the game. :)
Chris H.
Forge Moderator

Postby mtgrares » 03 Aug 2009, 19:16

Chris H. wrote:@Rares - I may be mistaken, but I thought that at one time in the past the "Helper Files - tokens, cards pictures, set editor" was a stickied topic.
It was, I wasn't sure if anyone used it. Here is a link to all the pictures cards.zip (46 MB). Ideally I should also provide a link with just the new card pictures but ... its more work.

About the download problem I forgot to add the "pics" directory so that breaks everything. Computer programming is really like trying to build a house of cards, oops, everything fell down.
mtgrares
DEVELOPER

Postby Chris H. » 03 Aug 2009, 19:33

mtgrares wrote:It was, I wasn't sure if anyone used it.

About the download problem I forgot to add the "pics" directory so that breaks everything.
I meant to upload the last version of the quest files recently when the need arose. I looked for the topic and could not find it. :)

Don't worry about the "pics" directory mistake, stuff happens. :lol:

Now that you mention it, a missing "pics" directory would cause this type of problem. Once the people affected by this places a "pics" directory into the Forge directory they should then be able to re-use the download pictures command and that should provide them with any missing pics. 8)
Chris H.
Forge Moderator

Return to Forge