It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 11:08

Text Size

Feature Requests Thread

Moderators: timmermac, Blacksmith, KrazyTheFox, Agetian, friarsol, CCGHQ Admins

Re: Feature Requests Thread

Postby friarsol » 08 Dec 2017, 14:20

Sprague wrote:I think the Bazaar options in Quest are super cool, but there's something I think is missing (this idea might work even better for Planar Conquest).

I'm going to take a stab at making this myself, but I'd love to hear any feedback or additional ideas.
Yea, this idea has floated around for a while. "One time consumables" I think the last time we talked about it we were calling them Potions. But how they work would be pretty similar to how you explain. The start the game in your Command Zone as a token, and the token gets exiled when activated. I think at the time they could be activated only once (ever), but there isn't much difference between something that gets removed from your quest inventory after activation and something that doesn't.
friarsol
Global Moderator

Postby Sprague » 10 Dec 2017, 02:57

Would you happen to know how to add things like that to the Bazaar? I can add custom cards, and I modify the existing pets, but I'm not sure how to add an entirely new thing like that.
Sprague

Postby shteev » 11 Dec 2017, 19:55

Could we get some kind of timeout when the AI is playing against itself in a Booster draft Tournament in Quest Mode? I don't mind sitting there for a while watching the AI play itself, but sometimes, just sometimes, the ground gets completely snarled up and it can take an hour or longer for it to finish a game, especially in one of the older formats like Revised or Legends.
shteev

Postby shteev » 11 Dec 2017, 20:46

Oh, and hey! How come you can only play a 3-game elimination tournament in Quest mode? Can we have that outside of Quest mode please?
shteev

Postby shteev » 24 Dec 2017, 15:01

Volume control. Those sound effects are awfully loud.
shteev

Postby DirectOrder » 27 Dec 2017, 13:08

Things I would LOVE to see:

1) For the game to highlight cards I am able to play (have enough mana, correct turn phase, etc). Or simply just have enough mana to play would be fine!

2) Icon overlays on (or next to) cards in-play that show active keywords affecting them (flying, deathtouch, first strike, etc). Forgive me if this is already in the game and I turned it off somehow (I'm very new to Forge).

3) An option to have an enlarged version of a card appear (zoom) next to my mouse cursor when I hover over it instead of reserving screen real estate for a separate card preview pane.

4) 2HG mode
DirectOrder

Postby kingkarate1 » 16 Jan 2018, 19:11

Things that would be nice to have:

1) Multiplayer format's mulligan rules to be updated (e.g. Commander should have a free first mulligan of 7, then subsequent mulligans reduce hand size)

2) Update the deck selection U.I. to be consistent across all game types not just regular constructed

3) Perhaps a way to set the art of tokens Forge defaults to
kingkarate1

Postby shteev » 16 Jan 2018, 19:29

It'd be nice if Chaos Lord automatically counted the number of permanents in play for you.
shteev

Postby Fizanko » 19 Jan 2018, 12:30

I noticed this thread :
viewtopic.php?f=26&t=21583

I wonder if another solution would be to -not- automatically have the player moving to higher difficulty duels in the quest world he's in, but instead use some kind of portal system within a same quest world.

By example you're dueling with a new quest, whatever the plane you decided to play into from main, ravnica, zendikar, etc..., after a required amount of victory (set in the preferences), you would unlock a portal to the "medium" duels (or it could be a magic shop purchase as an alternative to set amount of victories ?)

But you're not automatically moved to it, you would still play in the "easy" portal, and only when you feel your deck is ready, you would then move to that "medium" portal.

Now let's imagine you're in "medium" and have enough victory for the "hard" portal to be unlocked. You think your deck is ready and move to the "hard" portal.
Imagine you're running into crushing defeat after crushing defeat with AI decks filled with cards you don't like, basically you don't enjoy it at all.

Then you can move back to the "medium" level and continue have fun.
I think it would be a good solution to that "decks with tons of power five and broken cards" problem for people not interested in having duels with cards like that.
probably outdated by now so you should avoid : Innistrad world for Forge (updated 17/11/2014)
Duel Decks for Forge - Forge custom decks (updated 25/10/2014)
Fizanko
Tester

Postby timmermac » 20 Jan 2018, 16:39

Fizanko wrote:I noticed this thread :
viewtopic.php?f=26&t=21583

I wonder if another solution would be to -not- automatically have the player moving to higher difficulty duels in the quest world he's in, but instead use some kind of portal system within a same quest world.

By example you're dueling with a new quest, whatever the plane you decided to play into from main, ravnica, zendikar, etc..., after a required amount of victory (set in the preferences), you would unlock a portal to the "medium" duels (or it could be a magic shop purchase as an alternative to set amount of victories ?)

But you're not automatically moved to it, you would still play in the "easy" portal, and only when you feel your deck is ready, you would then move to that "medium" portal.

Now let's imagine you're in "medium" and have enough victory for the "hard" portal to be unlocked. You think your deck is ready and move to the "hard" portal.
Imagine you're running into crushing defeat after crushing defeat with AI decks filled with cards you don't like, basically you don't enjoy it at all.

Then you can move back to the "medium" level and continue have fun.
I think it would be a good solution to that "decks with tons of power five and broken cards" problem for people not interested in having duels with cards like that.
My thought would be to alter the default values in quest.preferences for both human rank increase and for AI level increase. I've always thought the settings for AI level increase, in particular, are too low. I personally think Medium AI shouldn't be seen until a minimum of 30 human victories have happened. I also think the player needs at least 10 victories at all quest difficulty levels before they gain a level.
"I just woke up, haven't had coffee, let alone a pee in 7 days, and I find out you stole my ass and made a ...mini-me! Carter, I should be irked currently, yes?" - Jack O'Neill
timmermac
Tester

Postby Dynamo345 » 22 Jan 2018, 22:30

is mutiplayer human vs human ever going to happen?

its ben all this time and i recall its still not yet human vs human option yet (online)
Dynamo345

Postby ProphetSword » 23 Jan 2018, 13:56

When playing my favorite deck, I am prompted over a dozen times in a turn to confirm the order in which effects happen, even though the order doesn’t matter and it isn’t changing.

Can there be an option that basically says: OK and don’t prompt me again unless something gets added to this stack?
ProphetSword

Postby friarsol » 23 Jan 2018, 18:15

ProphetSword wrote:When playing my favorite deck, I am prompted over a dozen times in a turn to confirm the order in which effects happen, even though the order doesn’t matter and it isn’t changing.

Can there be an option that basically says: OK and don’t prompt me again unless something gets added to this stack?
Can you provide a screenshot? This might already exist.
friarsol
Global Moderator

Postby ProphetSword » 23 Jan 2018, 21:43

Here's a screenshot of what I mean:

In this example, I am gaining life as a creature enters the battlefield. Then, several other effects will trigger off the life gain. If an opponent generates multiple tokens at once (seen it happen frequently), I will end up pushing AUTO or OK about twenty times in a row.

The problem with this is that the order of these things don't really matter. I just want a way to let the system know that I'm fine with it choosing whatever order it likes and to not pester me about it unless I tell it to bug me (by hitting a specific key, for example) or something changes that might warrant my attention.
ProphetSword

Postby stillenacht288 » 08 Feb 2018, 10:23

Could you add Pauper as a filter option under legality?
stillenacht288

PreviousNext

Return to Forge