It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 04:01

Text Size

Feature Requests Thread

Moderators: timmermac, Blacksmith, KrazyTheFox, Agetian, friarsol, CCGHQ Admins

Re: Feature Requests Thread

Postby joey4track » 29 Nov 2020, 17:59

I've requested before for a way to upscale the UI because I play on a 4K monitor but I just recently found a janky way to upscale the UI and I just thought I would share it in case there are any other 4K players who are also straining their eyes.

This only works if you have a dual monitor setup and one has to be lower resolution than the other. But if you turn off your 4K monitor and open Forge on the other low res monitor, wait for it to open completely and then turn back on your 4K monitor and drag Forge back to the 4K. All the text/UI elements will be upscaled. Hope this is helpful to someone!
joey4track

Postby Stampedo » 06 Dec 2020, 00:06

I don't know if it was requested before, but volume control for music and SFX would be great.
Stampedo

Re: Single Game Matches for Commander

Postby Nickel97 » 12 Dec 2020, 17:02

Marek14 wrote:
Nickel97 wrote:Hi, Love Forge MTG.

I have looked around a little and can't seem to find out if Single Game Matches are an option. If not, I'd like to request that feature.

Commander games are almost never played in a "Best-of-X" format, especially not multiplayer. It would be really nice to have a setting to just have the winner of the game be the winner of the match and not have to play until one player wins two games.
Try "Best-of-X" with X=1.
Where in the interface does one find the ability to set the "Best-of" ?
Nickel97

Postby er00ic » 06 Feb 2021, 03:34

MVRS98 wrote:What about the option to play the draft mode online against friends. Since i like this mode the most it would be great to play against friends
Second this, or at least being able to play limited decks in the online mode. Even if I have to draft vs bots or make a sealed deck, save it, and then load it to play against a real person I think it would be a nice feature.
er00ic

Postby guyfromcroswell » 13 Feb 2021, 04:32

How about a Win/Loss counter for your decks? Something on the side of the screen when making or choosing a deck that shows the total wins/losses. Maybe even a version history where you save a change in the deck and the counter resets to 0, but you can still see the previous version's wins/losses. I think it would be great for play testing.
guyfromcroswell

Postby MrHyena » 28 Feb 2021, 02:06

For Quest Mode:
-Can we get a way to convert from Commander format to other formats and/or vice versa within the same Quest save? It'd be real fun to play a Standard Quest run for a while, build up a collection from nothing, then take that and build a commander deck out of to do commander matches.

-Can we also get more of WotC's Preconstructed decks for Quest mode? Its real fun starting with one and working way up.

-Commander-specific challenges for Commander mode could be fun!
MrHyena

Postby marpet0805 » 19 Mar 2021, 14:30

I really enjoy Forge Quest mode a lot. But, one thing that could make it more interesting is having extra text/story in each battle. I can envision something like, Just after (or before) coin flip, the player is presented with text on the text box, which stuff can be added, story, trash talk or whatever. I can imagine there being an extra optional thing in .dck file for this (Of course text could be ignored if the thing is not present or empty in the .dck file), something like this:

| Open
[duel]
[metadata]
Name=BControl
Title=Jace
Difficulty=medium
Description=Blue Control
Prebattle="You are no match for my superior skills"
Postbattlewin="Ah, you've outsmarted my strategy"
Postbattlelose="What a shame"
Icon=Jace.jpg
Deck Type=constructed

And the tag \n or something similar could maybe be used to make a new page of the text box (given the player presses on the left Next/OK Button, or alternatively presses the right Skip Button)

And i would also maybe suggest like a chain match. In addition to text before/after battle.
There could be an option of like: New Battle=[the name tag of a .dck]

So it would use the name tag of a .dck file present in a world folder, with another option for the other .dck file to have a *Hidden* option, so not to accidentially cause the player to skip the previous battle. Or perhaps, the option would be used to unlock a new duel that would progress whatever is going on in the story, thus making the player able to prepare for the next one. This could either be applied to challenger or just normal duels, or a seperate folder altogether.

This could effectively and essentially be used to make a whole chain of duels,
or also knows as a campaign.
There are probably other easier ways to implement such feature.
marpet0805

Postby Ergg » 12 Apr 2021, 17:16

It would be nice to add Historic (from MTG Arena) as a format. I don't think it has been requested yet.

Anyway thanks a lot for all the work you guys are doing !
Ergg

Postby brainptr » 12 Apr 2021, 18:26

Ergg wrote:It would be nice to add Historic (from MTG Arena) as a format. I don't think it has been requested yet.

Anyway thanks a lot for all the work you guys are doing !
good idea, maybe Historic-Brawl too! =D>
brainptr

Postby VanillaBeans » 13 Apr 2021, 03:34

Hi guys. Is it possible to add a pauper edh format? So far I can only pick legendary creatures as commanders, simply having an option for removing that handicap would also work. As in making a freeform format with the option to have a commander.
VanillaBeans

Postby Doyle524 » 22 Apr 2021, 19:22

I wonder if it would be possible for Forge, in the Net Decks section of the Commander deck selection, to pull decks from https://cedh-decklist-database.com/. In my experience, most if not all have a direct link to a Moxfield page with the decklist. This would allow easy access to CEDH decks while clearing up the Custom User Decks section to just our own unique brewed Commander decks.
Doyle524

3D MTG

Postby Serge » 11 May 2021, 20:27

Hi.
It would be great if Forge was in 3D like Magic the Gathering: Duels of the Planeswalkers 2014. Is it possible to do that? Thank you.
Serge

Re: 3D MTG

Postby DunYoss » 14 May 2021, 20:58

Serge wrote:Hi.
It would be great if Forge was in 3D like Magic the Gathering: Duels of the Planeswalkers 2014. Is it possible to do that? Thank you.
Oh, please not! I like the nice clean interface how it is. The game already lags horribly when the board state gets large, we don't need to add graphics lag to that.
DunYoss

Postby DunYoss » 14 May 2021, 21:05

It hasn't been mentioned in this thread since 2013, but I really want some way to execute combos without my mind going numb and without getting repetitive motion disorder from too many clicks. I see that there is some weird "record macro" feature in the game, but it doesn't seem to do much and there's no help file for it as far as I can see. The critical need is to be able to iterate an arbitrarily large number of times without having to click through every loop!

There are many ways to go about this. The best is probably just to allow a user to record a macro similar to MS Excel, because then one doesn't need to hard code every combo possible. On the other hand, making a markup language for users to submit text files with macros might work?

Example (parenthesis and brackets are just for human reading, wouldn't be in the actual software):

Combo Name: Basalt Monolith + Rings of Brighthearth
Inputs:
1. IN PLAY: Basalt Monolith, untapped
2. IN PLAY: Rings of Brighthearth
3. MANA POOL: at least 2 (any color)
Process:
A. Tap Basalt Monolith (+3 colorless mana) [stack: +0]
B. Activate Basalt Monolith (3: untap) [stack: +1]
C. Rings of Brighthearth trigger: Yes (spend 2 mana to copy Monolith untap) [stack: +2]
D. Pass priority (untap Monolith via Rings) [stack: +1]
E. Tap Basalt Monolith (+3 colorless mana) [stack: +1]
F. Pass priority (untap Monolith via Monolith) [stack: +0]
Results:
1. MANA POOL: -2 (any color) then +3 (colorless)
DunYoss

Re: 3D MTG

Postby Serge » 14 May 2021, 22:03

DunYoss wrote:
Serge wrote:Hi.
Oh, please not! I like the nice clean interface how it is. The game already lags horribly when the board state gets large, we don't need to add graphics lag to that.
But the ability to switch between 2D and 3D modes could be added.
Serge

PreviousNext

Return to Forge