It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 05:00

Text Size

Feature Requests Thread

Moderators: timmermac, Blacksmith, KrazyTheFox, Agetian, friarsol, CCGHQ Admins

Re: Feature Requests Thread

Postby Seravy » 31 Aug 2017, 12:17

It would be nice if you could see the banned and restricted list or even better, have an overlay on cards to show it on deck editor screens. (YGO games usually show a red circle with 1 in it for restricted, and a red circle crossed with a diagonal line for banned cards)
Considering there are multiple formats, I guess the hard part is to know which list to show, especially in quest mode where none are enforced but players will usually prefer to keep their decks legal anyway - this probably should be an option?
Seravy

Postby churrufli » 01 Sep 2017, 08:07

A suggestion about a new mode called Competitive Mode > Select Metagame > Select Tournament > Select Deck (Tournament deck or custom deck) > Play Tournament.

Perhaps mtggoldfish or similar for extracting data.
churrufli

Postby Xyx » 03 Sep 2017, 23:08

The Statistics tab in the Deck Editor shows the "colored mana symbols in mana cost", which is super handy when determining land ratios, but it does not factor in the mana symbols in costs in the card's textbox. It only looks at the upper right corner casting cost. For instance, I could build a deck with nothing but Memnarch in it, and the Statistics tab will list 0% blue mana symbols in costs, which is not correct.
Xyx
Tester

Postby friarsol » 04 Sep 2017, 01:18

Xyx wrote:The Statistics tab in the Deck Editor shows the "colored mana symbols in mana cost", which is super handy when determining land ratios, but it does not factor in the mana symbols in costs in the card's textbox. It only looks at the upper right corner casting cost. For instance, I could build a deck with nothing but Memnarch in it, and the Statistics tab will list 0% blue mana symbols in costs, which is not correct.
The statistics panel is only for mana curves, not for activated abilities. I don't think trying to mash activated abilities into that same area is super helpful.
friarsol
Global Moderator

Postby Xyx » 05 Sep 2017, 23:29

friarsol wrote:The statistics panel is only for mana curves, not for activated abilities.
The lower part of the screen has mana cost stats.
Xyx
Tester

Postby Xyx » 05 Sep 2017, 23:34

It'd be nice if the "Choose a Pile" dialog explains what happens with the chosen pile. Every time I have to choose a pile (Liliana of the Veil ultimate, Steam Augury) I have to look up what happens to the chosen pile on Gatherer. Does the chosen pile go to the hand? To the graveyard? Do I sac it? Do I keep it? Forge will disable all the background stuff while the dialog is active, so all I can see is the text prompt, which is just something like "choose a pile" without explanation of which is what.

Picture shows the various places that DON'T provide the needed information.
Attachments
201709060137 Steam Augury piles.JPG
Xyx
Tester

Postby Indigo Dragon » 08 Sep 2017, 15:12

It would be a lot better if we have in the statistics panel (under colored mana symbols in mana cost) total number of all colored mana symbols (in mana cost, rules text). If we have this information, we can then seperate the statistics between mana symbols in nonland and land cards.

If we have that, then we can feed this information to improve choices made by the AI (when choosing what land to pick, scrying, etc.).
Ctrl+C, Ctrl+V
Indigo Dragon

Postby Alterus » 28 Sep 2017, 18:06

Since there's the Magic League Format with 30-card decks and all, maybe that could be integrated into Forge as well?

Also, having an option to play chaos draft (ie. each of 24 boosters coming from a different set) would be so cool. I'm unsure but it's probably not that hard to implement. And it's a popular side event at championships, so it might be played in Forge as well.
Alterus

Postby friarsol » 29 Sep 2017, 00:09

Alterus wrote:Since there's the Magic League Format with 30-card decks and all, maybe that could be integrated into Forge as well?
Want to provide more information in regards to things like this. It's probably not safe to assume everyone knows what things like this are.
friarsol
Global Moderator

Postby Alterus » 29 Sep 2017, 00:20

My bad. It's just that it is the format endorsed by Wizards and continuously referred to in their news, that's why I thought it does not need explaining.

One receives three booster packs, builds a 30-card deck, then plays matches over the span of several weeks. Each week every participant receives another booster. If you lose three matches, you also get a booster.

https://magic.wizards.com/en/event-types/magic-league

In Forge, you could possibly determine how many players would participate in the league and how many games will be played by each participant.
Alterus

Postby lordknightstradmore » 01 Oct 2017, 14:11

My List of Feature Suggestions
1.) A 1v1 match with the AI with Starter Decks.
If I would try to invite anyone to play Magic via Forge, I would wanted them to experience the way the game any beginners would experience when they are given their free Starter Decks.

2.)An option to always see your opponents hand(like the way you can see the cards on your hand when the game starts and not to be confused with Reveal opponent hand). I have an itch when I cant see how many cards my opponent has. Yes the number indicators are there but thats just me.

3.)Log should list the overall damage you took on the turn and the remaining life points left after combat. For tracking purposes when copying the Log after the match ends.

4.)Move the Summoning Sickness Circle(SSC) into a more readable place when a large number of units of the same name are played(tokens in mind).
once a horde of tokens appear, they are overlapped by the new tokens and they are blocking the middle part where the SSC appears, making it difficult to tell which ones can attack.

5.)Option to Prompt user to End Turn when it is in MP1.
I do sometimes misclick the End Button when my turn is about to begin, and this ruins the game...

6.)Tutorial/Puzzle mode on how a mechanic in a certain Expansion works.
Give an example matchup about how this mechanic can do and cant do, like how Embalm works or Crew...
I know that there are lots of mechanics MTG has made and I know making one puzzle of each one is a pain in the ass... But maybe I could help in making one of those puzzles if you guys really want to make one...

7.) Bluetooth Game match.
Never tried online match. But played several games that supports Bluetooth coop and having someone to play against makes the game more exiting than beating the crap out off the AI. If It can be implemented ofcourse....

thats all for now, Thanks to all who made forge possible...
"A failure is simply another opportunity for
improvement. Just wait until you see what I
come up with next
."
-Nimble Innovator
lordknightstradmore

Postby MaxMtg » 01 Oct 2017, 16:04

Why doesn't Forge have promos?
https://scryfall.com/sets?type=promo
MaxMtg

Postby Alterus » 07 Oct 2017, 02:26

As WOTC scheduled the Dino-sized draft with four boosters per each player, I got another thought: maybe it would be possible to change the number of boosters for limited formats in Forge?
Alterus

Postby Seravy » 07 Oct 2017, 22:05

Alterus wrote:As WOTC scheduled the Dino-sized draft with four boosters per each player, I got another thought: maybe it would be possible to change the number of boosters for limited formats in Forge?
Go to res\blockdata and open blocks.txt. You can see all the draft formats there, the first number is the amount of boosters in draft, I think the second is for sealed?
You can even define additional formats by adding new lines to the file (tho they might not show up in quest mode without one of my patches still waiting for the GIT conversion to finish - draft formats in quest had/have bugs. )
Seravy

Postby krevett » 27 Oct 2017, 09:24

Hello, it would be nice to be able to set the starting life in the preferences of forge for the different variants of the game for casual testing (What I have in mind is commander where you could select 40 for a multiplayer gamer or 20/30 for a duel depending on the format you're testing).
krevett

PreviousNext

Return to Forge