It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 21:08

Text Size

Feature Requests Thread

Moderators: timmermac, Blacksmith, KrazyTheFox, Agetian, friarsol, CCGHQ Admins

Re: Feature Requests Thread

Postby Thy Holy Jesus » 01 Jul 2017, 22:45

https://scryfall.com/sets?type=promo This site is a good guideline to name promo's "sets", it cointains all promos with good quality , with a bulk image downloader extension its that easy to download them all.
Attachments
G10.png
Thy Holy Jesus

Postby Rooger » 02 Jul 2017, 01:04

Great work! I belive that you're not required to set numbers or rarity, i have done it with mine mostly to keep things tidy but i only made a handful of sets, for the whole lot it would require extra work that might be done after everything is properlly listed.

Which downloader are you refering to to get the images, a browser downloader? Austinio7116 posted here a really neat script to get cards from scryfall it might come handy especially because it looks like it outputs in a file the card list of the set you are downloading (i haven't tried the script yet)

For plain and simple deck building using Deck Editor, I think that it's probaly easy to do it, there is only the need for another section to filter the cards by set for Promos instead of putting them in Other Sets. For quests there is a little more work to be done specifying rewards and whatnot but it's doable overtime i guess.
Rooger

Postby Thy Holy Jesus » 02 Jul 2017, 01:48

Rooger wrote:Great work! I belive that you're not required to set numbers or rarity, i have done it with mine mostly to keep things tidy but i only made a handful of sets, for the whole lot it would require extra work that might be done after everything is properlly listed.

Which downloader are you refering to to get the images, a browser downloader? Austinio7116 posted here a really neat script to get cards from scryfall it might come handy especially because it looks like it outputs in a file the card list of the set you are downloading (i haven't tried the script yet)

For plain and simple deck building using Deck Editor, I think that it's probaly easy to do it, there is only the need for another section to filter the cards by set for Promos instead of putting them in Other Sets. For quests there is a little more work to be done specifying rewards and whatnot but it's doable overtime i guess.
I use DownthemAll a firefox extension , I can massive download mtg cards all ready to be put in the game as the software lets me automatically rename them by title , I then use a bulk rename utility to copy their names to clipboard and add all the card names to wordpad , its really easy , im just having a problem I started compiling promos from Hour of Devastation and I am now in the Promos of Battle for Zendikar( I am doing from newer to older promos) and there are two different promos for the same card , what do I do to the artwork show properly for the 2nd version?
I have already compiled 109 promos , I will finish all of them in a couple of days guarantee
Attachments
a21.png
Thy Holy Jesus

Postby Thy Holy Jesus » 02 Jul 2017, 17:47

Alright I have now added all promos to Forge , I think that a tab for promos would be nice to have because there are over 110 new boxes in "others" when filtering by set in deck editor
The logic behind the set codes and the images came from this site https://scryfall.com/sets?type=promo
Tell me what do you think , feel free to edit if you feel something is wrong.
The download is complete with the card pictures and all the promos
:D :D
Attachments
Allpromos2.png
Allpromos.png
Forge.rar
(144.87 MiB) Downloaded 242 times
Thy Holy Jesus

Postby Rooger » 02 Jul 2017, 18:58

Awesome work man! =D> I wanted to help out but you've done everything while I was sleeping ahah

Have you fixed the issue with repeting card art? Perhaps numbering the cards that have the same name will fix it.

Thanks a lot for your effort!
Rooger

Postby Thy Holy Jesus » 02 Jul 2017, 19:02

Rooger wrote:Awesome work man! =D> I wanted to help out but you've done everything while I was sleeping ahah

Have you fixed the issue with repeting card art? Perhaps numbering the cards that have the same name will fix it.

Thanks a lot for your effort!
No that will only work for lands.
For repeating cards with different art , I simply used another set.
I wish we had a tab for promos though it would be nicer
Thy Holy Jesus

Postby Rooger » 02 Jul 2017, 19:15

That will work too. Let's see if we can get one dev on our side and help us out with this :D
Rooger

Postby Thy Holy Jesus » 02 Jul 2017, 19:19

Rooger wrote:That will work too. Let's see if we can get one dev on our side and help us out with this :D
Yes , I hope we get some devs on our side , a tab for promos would be amazing :D
Thy Holy Jesus

Postby Rooger » 02 Jul 2017, 20:33

I've asked on Discord and I'm afraid promos will not be implemented yet. Take a look there as well, most devs are there and they can help us out but i'm not sure about promos.
Rooger

Postby Xyx » 02 Jul 2017, 23:08

I would like to be able to use the "Win Game" cheat when I don't have priority. There are many instances where I'm testing a deck or quest where I want to end the game pre-mulligan.
Xyx
Tester

Postby astanix » 03 Jul 2017, 01:22

Xyx wrote:I would like to be able to use the "Win Game" cheat when I don't have priority. There are many instances where I'm testing a deck or quest where I want to end the game pre-mulligan.
I'd like to second this request. Ending the game before it starts would be a useful dev feature.
astanix

Postby Agetian » 03 Jul 2017, 02:45

@ Thy Holy Jesus: Wow, this is awesome! :D I might look into adding a separate category for promos when/if the relevant sets are installed in the game, but it'll have to wait until I'm back from my vacation next week, since I'll have a very limited connectivity and coding possibilities while I'm away...

- Agetian
Agetian
Programmer

Postby Thy Holy Jesus » 03 Jul 2017, 13:03

Agetian wrote:@ Thy Holy Jesus: Wow, this is awesome! :D I might look into adding a separate category for promos when/if the relevant sets are installed in the game, but it'll have to wait until I'm back from my vacation next week, since I'll have a very limited connectivity and coding possibilities while I'm away...

- Agetian
Thanks that would be nice , im thinking about starting a thread so I could update or add promos I have missed, and to gather better card pics for promos
Thy Holy Jesus

Postby Thy Holy Jesus » 03 Jul 2017, 19:26

I have updated my Promo package , it includes MPS promo Lands,Pre-release EMN promos,8ED promos and more.
I also updated the card quality to hq ,using the HQ scan cards from the CCHQ Picture section.
If you happen to use this , let me know if I missed anything :D
If you use promos in decks and want to delete the promos from your game you also have to deleted the decks ,or else related card pics(cards with the same name as the promo) won't appear in your game

Download Link https://mega.nz/#!ZQY1FDbK!pqFaBYssYIpa ... dudHY3CEBI
Thy Holy Jesus

Postby Hib » 15 Jul 2017, 07:27

Could you please add the Duel Commander (Commander 1vs1 with 30 starting life) variant.
Hib

PreviousNext

Return to Forge