Moderators: timmermac, Blacksmith, KrazyTheFox, Agetian, friarsol, CCGHQ Admins

Re: Feature Requests Thread

Postby Kiryu666 » 18 Sep 2018, 04:01

Thank you so much,sorry for the inconvenience! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Kiryu666

Postby Kiryu666 » 20 Sep 2018, 04:48

more options (filters) for momir

limit of drop / color / formats / editions and what else they find interesting :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Kiryu666

Postby Kiryu666 » 20 Sep 2018, 04:51

and a focus more on quest mode since in the last versions of the little forge was announced for that mode

a reformulation of it plus content in general what you have at your disposal [-o<
Kiryu666

Postby Xirious » 13 Oct 2018, 05:23

So I really am impressed by Forge.

I would like a way to view the board state after I win/lose a match (unless there is a way that I'm unaware of).

I would also love to contribute to the Android/Desktop synching effort. I'm a developer and I've worked with Android/Java before. My guess would be to sync it to a Google account on both sides.
Xirious

Postby Xirious » 13 Oct 2018, 05:39

Just to add to that - which folders/files exactly should I look at to ensure they're synched?
Xirious

Postby friarsol » 13 Oct 2018, 15:26

Xirious wrote:So I really am impressed by Forge.

I would like a way to view the board state after I win/lose a match (unless there is a way that I'm unaware of).

I would also love to contribute to the Android/Desktop synching effort. I'm a developer and I've worked with Android/Java before. My guess would be to sync it to a Google account on both sides.
I'd recommend joining the Discord, responding on the forums for contributions is a lot more difficult than in chat.
friarsol
Global Moderator

Postby verdealex79 » 21 Oct 2018, 08:54

Hi, I'd like to disable the "rendered" text overlay for the name of the cards, in the upper row.

While I find useful the rendered power/thoughness part in the lower right corner because those values can easily change during the game and differ from the printed values, I dont like having a white rendered text for the name of the card - I play with a great screen and I can see the card name directly on the card image.

Is there such an option? I was not able to find it by looking at the preferences; if this is not possible yet, I think that it could be great if we could toggle on/off this thing in the options, concerning only the name of the card.

And speaking about overlays... I think instead that would be very very useful, having some status icons to draw on the card when they are in play, for the most common creatures' keywords... like flying, fear, and so on... so as you can understand by a bird view who can block who, who could attack unblocked, and so on... maybe they can be toggled on/off too.
At the moment, it seems the only implemented icons are those for attack and block during the combat.

Thank you for the great work on this gem of a software!!!
verdealex79

Postby stormcat » 01 Nov 2018, 22:39

Please back to the original sort of Group by type in Deck Editor.
I feel bad that Plainswalker comes first.
In particular, it is inconvenient that artifact land is classified as an artifact.
I want to cards with land type to be bundled up.
stormcat

Postby Mtjawg » 03 Nov 2018, 07:05

Hmm, I'll say it again, thanks to everyone who has worked on this impressive program. Some useful features I have thought about:

An aesthetics thing: Option to never change or randomize AI names.

Don't end draft, gauntlet, etc. after the first loss (I'm not asking to scrap the existing method, just add an option "end after N losses" or to play until all opponents have been played once.

the most useful and desirable, though:
Include a master setting that affects the number of games per match - currently Forge is set up for best-of-three, but it ought to be relatively easy to alter this to "best of N" where is is specified by the user, or to "N total games."
Perhaps this could be changed before each match in the "New Game" area, but have it default to 2 unless adjusted by the user in the settings page.
There is already a provision for best of 1 and best of 5 in quest mode, so it seems like it should be simple to make a user-adjustable games per match control.
Mtjawg

Postby gabrilend » 09 Nov 2018, 02:29

Hi, I love Forge so much and I'm so grateful for the developers who pour their heart and soul into such an amazing piece of technology. You guys really are the best! I'm so glad you're a part of this community, and not off developing some other program or something using your impressive coding skills.

I had an idea, and I thought I'd share it with someone in case it was actually a good idea and not just one of my other alcohol fueled crappy ideas.

Currently the deck editor ignores cards with X in the mana cost when you sort/filter by a specific mana cost. For example, Slime Molding would show up as a 1 mana cost card, when actually it requires a minimum of 2 mana (you can of course spend as much mana as you'd like on it, since it costs 1 green and X colorless mana). So I think it'd be great if there was an option to put cards with X mana cost into the minimum required mana sections, instead of into the specific colored mana mentioned categories. So in this case, Slime Molding would be put into the 2 mana cost section.

Another example would be Hangarback Walker, which currently shows up as a 0 cost card. But of course casting that card using zero mana would just be silly, unless you built a deck around "when an artifact comes into play" type cards. Which is why I think it'd be best as an option rather than a blanket function.

I know it's technically possible to cast such a card using zero mana, which is why I think it'd be nifty if there was an option or check box to enable somewhere that put in place this behavior. Maybe if they checked the option, it'd show cards with XX mana cost only in even numbered mana cost filters? Or cards with XXX in filters divisible by 3. Just to clarify I included a picture showcasing the filters that I was talking about earlier.

I'm not sure how you would implement it but I'll leave that up to you to decide if it's a good idea or not! Again, thank you so much for your hard work. You guys are the best.
Attachments
This part here.png
It's just a picture I made showcasing what I meant by "mana cost filters"
gabrilend

Postby JCaleb » 12 Dec 2018, 10:56

Is there any chance to add Duel Commander as a format (20hp 1v1 Commander with separate banlist)?

Or if it's possible to modify/add format rules to the ones alredy present? I tried to modify the Commander (EDH) banlist form the Commander.txt file but the game still see cards as not legal
JCaleb

Postby Bossfrost » 13 Dec 2018, 10:14

Can somebody please add a way to track how many wins a certain Avatar has?

I for one love to build commander decks and have the AI play against itself. If you've ever heard the phrase, "Simple but effective", that's what I try to aim for. It really helps me improve my deck building. Except it's kind of difficult because of the AI being so clunky. It would help tremendously if you could add a statistics tracker on the main screen.

Maybe it could track the statistics of certain groups and display them in their own tabs.

You could also have a replay tab where you watch individual group matches.
Bossfrost

Postby Kiryu666 » 22 Dec 2018, 18:14

More options for Momir Basic (limit of drop, colors, formats etc) :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Add the Pauper in the generation of decks the same has with modern standard etc [-o< [-o< [-o<
Kiryu666

Postby shteev » 06 Jan 2019, 20:09

'Flashback' window is automatically closed when I play a card with Retrace, would it be possible to have it stay open in that instance?
shteev

Postby Jessica » 12 Feb 2019, 20:37

Hi,

I think a small feature that shows when a new Forge version is available would be nice! I mean for the Forge desktop version, because it already exists in Forge Android.
Last edited by Jessica on 20 Feb 2019, 18:43, edited 1 time in total.

PreviousNext

Return to Forge