It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 19:45

Text Size

Feature Requests Thread

Moderators: timmermac, Blacksmith, KrazyTheFox, Agetian, friarsol, CCGHQ Admins

Ohh yes, I have one..: Progress Save

Postby CptKird » 02 Nov 2017, 18:16

Greetings to all fellow cardfloppers, young and old!

First off: Awesome!
To be able to Booster Draft in my favourite Sets on Android, for free, is beyond amazing :D

BUT: After, 1000+ games played, mostly against default AI, sometimes against the "random" AI, I can say, the most URGENT feature the Android port needs, before I can even think about mentioning Forge to my friends:

a Save Progress feature (especially in a multiround tournament...)

I've become accustomed to the regular crashes to homescreen in random scenarios, it's alpha status after all, but getting thrown out of a tournament against all 7 co-draft players, some of which I've already beaten, is VERY tedious.. :|
Returning to the tournament, after a crash, to beat the following player once more is ok, but it sucks to have to always beat e.g. the previous 5 players again.. :(

Just a "load game" to the previous state of progress in a running tournament, between matches.
No need for a real savestate during a match, at least not for me.

I have found only one other similar request on page 49 in this thread (for a quicksave), so maybe I missed something??
Is this already implemented and I just didn't find it yet? If so, my bad..!

I play Forge on my S5 Galaxy (Stock Android 6) and the Galaxy Tab A 10.1 LTE (2016, 16GB, Stock Android 7).

Thanks for all the hard work and I hope someone can shed some light on this, if a save progress could be done, or even if it's already in the works?

All the best
Kird out.
CptKird

Re: Feature Requests Thread

Postby 5enza » 03 Nov 2017, 01:10

lefty wrote:one more... an indicator in the selection list in puzzle mode that shows which puzzles you've already completed. Maybe different font, or an asterisk or something?
This feature would be fantastic!
5enza

Re: Ohh yes, I have one..: Progress Save

Postby CptKird » 03 Nov 2017, 20:40

Hi again :D

Small update, since it just happened again.. I was beating default AI 6 of 7 and was on a sure path to mythic achievements for both "Mana Flooded" AND "Life To Spare" in the same game/round playing a Mirrodin Draft (MRD/MRD/DST, WR, 55 card deck :twisted: ).

I thought the crashing wouldn't bother me anymore but this made me YELL out loud..

Now I have to beat all previous AIs again in that same tournament only to have another shot at those achievements (on the tablet).
Maybe.
Prolly crashes again... :D

(Yes, there were a lot of "ID"s/cards on the table.)

All the best
Kird
CptKird

Postby friarsol » 04 Nov 2017, 00:08

CptKird wrote:Now I have to beat all previous AIs again in that same tournament only to have another shot at those achievements (on the tablet).
I don't really understand why you have to beat all previous AIs again. Can't you just play the one you want to play in Single Match mode?
friarsol
Global Moderator

Postby CptKird » 05 Nov 2017, 21:03

friarsol wrote:
CptKird wrote:Now I have to beat all previous AIs again in that same tournament only to have another shot at those achievements (on the tablet).
I don't really understand why you have to beat all previous AIs again. Can't you just play the one you want to play in Single Match mode?
Indeed! :D
Thanks a lot, I didn't know there was anything else available other than "Gauntlet" mode during draft play.
I could manually select every match in consecutive order to simulate Gauntlet mode, might even keep Forge slightly more stable?
I'll try this in a few.

My request for a progress save still makes sense though, I think, cause there might be other players new to Forge (like me) assuming Gauntlet mode to be the only one available in draft mode (like me, a few minutes ago) and could be upset after a few crashes (unlike me) ;)

All the best
Kird

PS:
CptKird wrote: Prolly crashes again... :D
It did. :D Same time, player 6. :lol:
CptKird

Postby friarsol » 05 Nov 2017, 22:27

CptKird wrote:My request for a progress save still makes sense though, I think, cause there might be other players new to Forge (like me) assuming Gauntlet mode to be the only one available in draft mode (like me, a few minutes ago) and could be upset after a few crashes (unlike me) ;)
Yea I wasn't arguing against the feature request, just pointing out that you could already play whoever you wanted of the 7 opponents.
friarsol
Global Moderator

Postby ashraf1 » 07 Nov 2017, 09:46

have you guys ever thought about supporting Hearthstone?

most of the cards would be easy to implement since Hearthstone isnt a very complex game.
ashraf1

Postby marceloabner » 12 Nov 2017, 22:55

Hello, sorry, but I couldn't read the entire thread, so if this request has already been made, just ignore it.

There any way to enforce a different AI for a specific quest duel or challenge? This could help some type of decks.
marceloabner

Postby Pux » 22 Nov 2017, 11:18

It would be pretty cool to have an indicator which puzzles you already solved. Keeping track of your progress would make the goal to solve all puzzles easier.

(The new puzzle mode is awesome by the way.)
Pux

Postby shteev » 23 Nov 2017, 19:10

Any chance Mana Vault could not be prioritised so high for the autocast function? Seeing it tap over a Sol Ring is bad enough, but seeing it tap over basic lands can screw you up for far more turns than accidentally having used up your colored mana for a single turn.

[edit] Or, failing that, perhaps I could 'undo' casting a spell which inadvertently taps my Mana Vault?

------------

[edit 2] Ooh, and also, the default auto option when Mana Vault when it is untapped is to pay 4 mana to untap it, which is very irritating.
shteev

Postby Alterus » 28 Nov 2017, 00:10

I don't know for sure but maybe this article might be useful for AI deck generation in Forge:

https://medium.com/@hlynurd/finding-mag ... 9112d324a6
Alterus

Postby shteev » 02 Dec 2017, 11:38

When selecting a prize card after winning a Booster Draft in Quest mode, it would be useful to see if you already have a copy of a card before you decide whether to take it... your collection gets quite large after a while.
shteev

Postby shteev » 03 Dec 2017, 06:15

Drag select for token creatures
shteev

Postby churrufli » 04 Dec 2017, 16:54

List Commander decks by folder, it's best for order (Commander 1v1, Tiny Leaders)
Last edited by churrufli on 08 Mar 2018, 19:14, edited 1 time in total.
churrufli

Postby Sprague » 08 Dec 2017, 07:15

I think the Bazaar options in Quest are super cool, but there's something I think is missing (this idea might work even better for Planar Conquest).

In addition to the pets, you could purchase special abilities, probably flavored after legendary creatures (thematically, you're recruiting them). Once unlocked, you could use that ability once per game imagine something along the lines of C&C Generals powers).

Each power would have some mana cost and perhaps some additional requirement before it can be used; a black power might need there to be a certain number of cards in your graveyard, for example. Generally, the powers would be somewhat overcosted versions of pre-existing cards and abilities from MTG (the powers are weaker than a real card, but since it doesn't take up a slot in your deck, it's kinda like a special kind of one-use card advantage).

Example abilities:

Ryusei's Meteor Swarm
{3}{R}{R}
You get an emblem with "Whenever a creature you control dies, it deals 2 damage to each creature without flying."
Activate this ability only once and only if you have a creature with flying.
Based on Ryusei, the Falling Star.

Atraxa's Infection
{G}{W}{U}{B}
Proliferate.
Activate this ability only once and only if an opponent has at least one poison counter.
Based on Atraxa, Praetor's Voice.

Gisa and Geralf's Graveyard Picnic
{3}{U}{B}
Until end of turn, you may cast a Zombie creature card from your graveyard.
Activate this ability only once and only if there are more than ten cards in your graveyard.
Based on Gisa and Geralf.

And so on and so forth. The balance could certainly be adjusted; I'd lean towards making them a bit overcosted, so they're more like minor extras rather than game-winning ults.

The additional requirements could be dropped if it's too hard to script, or just generally unfun.

As for implementing, you could be given emblems at the start of the game with the activated ability you got, similar to how pets work in Quest already.

I'm going to take a stab at making this myself, but I'd love to hear any feedback or additional ideas.
Sprague

PreviousNext

Return to Forge