It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 20:29

Text Size

Feature Requests Thread

Moderators: timmermac, Blacksmith, KrazyTheFox, Agetian, friarsol, CCGHQ Admins

Re: Feature Requests Thread

Postby spidrax » 20 May 2020, 13:56

Can these be sorted alphabetically? It's really difficult to find a particular set in the list.

Clipboard Image.png
spidrax

Postby twosat » 20 May 2020, 14:52

spidrax wrote:Can these be sorted alphabetically? It's really difficult to find a particular set in the list.

Clipboard Image.png
It's sorted by the release date. When you know the lineup of blocks it's more usefull then sorting alphabetically, i think.
twosat

Postby spidrax » 20 May 2020, 15:42

Thanks for clarifying how the sets are sorted, it makes a lot more sense now.

I suppose sorting by release date could be useful for anyone who is very familiar with the history of Magic, but for someone like me who has more than 20 years of catching up to do, it's kind of frustrating.

Is there any other way in Forge to view all cards in a particular set?
spidrax

Postby twosat » 20 May 2020, 20:32

spidrax wrote:Thanks for clarifying how the sets are sorted, it makes a lot more sense now.

I suppose sorting by release date could be useful for anyone who is very familiar with the history of Magic, but for someone like me who has more than 20 years of catching up to do, it's kind of frustrating.

A few years ago I had fourteen years to catch up, too.
Maybe you could use the deck editor. You should uncheck unique cards only. Then sort by set. Now you can scroll trough all cards of all sets (if they are supported by forge). Newest sets at the top, oldest all the way down. :)
twosat

Postby guyfromcroswell » 22 May 2020, 20:46

spidrax wrote:Thanks for clarifying how the sets are sorted, it makes a lot more sense now.

There is an option to choose specific sets in the filter. I believe its the 3 line button in the deck editor on the left side above the names.
guyfromcroswell

Postby spidrax » 23 May 2020, 11:41

twosat wrote:Maybe you could use the deck editor. You should uncheck unique cards only. Then sort by set. Now you can scroll trough all cards of all sets (if they are supported by forge). Newest sets at the top, oldest all the way down. :)
I would love to be able to do this, but if I try viewing all 40990 cards with both grouping and sorting, Forge grinds to a halt, maxing out all 16gb of RAM on my desktop. I guess that's my fault for trying to collect HQ images for every set.

guyfromcroswell wrote:There is an option to choose specific sets in the filter. I believe its the 3 line button in the deck editor on the left side above the names.
Yep, that's how I got to the dialog I posted a screenshot of - the one that is sorted by release date.

---------------------------

New topic - I noticed that CST (Coldsnap Theme Decks) only loads one of each basic land even though the set has three variants of each basic land. They're just reprints of Ice Age, but they're nice prints, and it would be nice to be able to use them. Thanks!
spidrax

Postby friarsol » 24 May 2020, 01:36

spidrax wrote:
twosat wrote:Maybe you could use the deck editor. You should uncheck unique cards only. Then sort by set. Now you can scroll trough all cards of all sets (if they are supported by forge). Newest sets at the top, oldest all the way down. :)
I would love to be able to do this, but if I try viewing all 40990 cards with both grouping and sorting, Forge grinds to a halt, maxing out all 16gb of RAM on my desktop. I guess that's my fault for trying to collect HQ images for every set.
Did you try switching the deck editor to list mode instead of card view mode?
friarsol
Global Moderator

Postby wcbeck4 » 26 May 2020, 14:00

I'd like the ability to choose a nonlegendary creature as a commander when building a commander deck, whether that's through an additional checkbox, or just added as part of the deck conformance checkbox.
wcbeck4

Postby WhiteWeenie » 30 May 2020, 03:55

Hello all!

My feature request is for the Android version of Forge.

What I am requesting is a way to vs Ai with another human player via the 'play online' feature. (Using the current teams setup).

I am currently teaching my 9 and 4 year old sons to play Magic and using the current 1 screen way to team up vs ai makes the screen much too cluttered.

Thank you all. Forge rocks! 10/10
WhiteWeenie

Postby Vehicroid » 31 May 2020, 14:37

With how much I use Forge to test my cube, and how much I recommend it to others, it would be great if there was a way to edit cubes in the app itself.

Thanks for such a fantastic program/app!!!
Vehicroid

Postby brainptr » 02 Jun 2020, 10:57

.) if you move the mouse pointer over a card, it would be great if the picture of the card is not displayed in the window provided, but is just enlarged next to the existing one (as in Arena, mtgo, xmage, for example). the existing picture window could possibly be used for other important things.

.) support for 4k monitors

.) better arrangement of playtables for commander with 3-4 players (like mtgo, xmage), to have a better overview.
brainptr

Postby MrMystery314 » 08 Jun 2020, 00:53

Would it be possible to add Omniscience Draft (and or Sealed)?
MrMystery314

Postby Shadowecho » 10 Jun 2020, 02:45

Hello , I just recently downloaded forge , a question regarding difficulty, I see the AI personality tab but is there a difficulty option , I am not very good at Mtg but I have won 10 games in a row already lol.....playing constructed deck both random ( for me and the ai ) , never thought I would say this but I want to see myself lose ! :D .....thanks for any tips !
Shadowecho

Postby ctmorling » 22 Jul 2020, 19:35

I've been playing Jumpstart on Magic Arena quite a bit. I've found it to be a really fun format -- very kitchen table, casual constructed. It would be great to play Jumpstart in Forge.
ctmorling

Postby MaxMtg » 13 Aug 2020, 11:39

I'd like to request Amonkhet Remastered :D
MaxMtg

PreviousNext

Return to Forge