It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 01:43

Text Size

Feature Requests Thread

Moderators: timmermac, Blacksmith, KrazyTheFox, Agetian, friarsol, CCGHQ Admins

Re: Feature Requests Thread

Postby drdev » 25 Nov 2015, 15:57

serrasmurf wrote:I did and I like it!
The one aspect I'm missing is a set of achievements that is doable and interesting for a quest of about 100-150 matches. Something like:
- when you start a new quest Forge creates the achievements you have to do to COMPLETE this forge quest
- these can be all/most of the current easy achievement levels, a handful of the medium/rare ones (randomly selected) and 1 or 2 randomly selected mythic achievements. and maybe 5 randomly chosen planeswalker ultimates. Challenging but doable.
- in addition i'd prefer to add some achievements that encourage you to explore and "complete" the various aspects of our quest world:
win at least 10 different quest draft tournaments.
Complete at least x challenges in every world.
Win against 10 different hard opponents.
Collect 100 different zombie creature cards
And the random combination of achievements in your quest hopefully encourages you to follow some strategy to make sure you can do them all timely (you can add various features that makes you fail the quest). And makes every new quest a different experience. And makes you make different choices in gameplay (which cards to buy, which decks to develop, which tournament to join) whcih is the purpose and fun of strategy. With the end goal to do this with the least amount of matches or the best record or something.

Or am i missing something?
You're not missing anything. We've considered additional quest achievements in the past but haven't gotten around to implementing anything as of yet. Thanks for the feedback.
drdev
Programmer

Postby serrasmurf » 26 Nov 2015, 14:07

I couldn’t resist putting some more details in the idea, too much fun to not work it out a bit :D
(realizing it’s implementation is totally dependent of it actually being fun and a dev being interested).

The main idea is to create a quest you can complete (in addition to the open-ended quest functionality we have). People have been and will be setting their own goals for a quest. But completing a challenging quest that Forge presents to you is a play experience currently not offered (imo).

There are many ways to do this, and the forums are full of ideas. This proposal keeps it relatively simple and is based on functionality we already have: achievements. The idea is that upon starting a new quest (and choosing this kind of quest) Forge will give you some random achievements to complete. These are your assignments.

Creating and tuning of these requires quite some thought as these will have to pose strategic challenges and tough choices. Many games have these kind of assignments, I like the example of Risk, (2003 edition with various secret missions). https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/453091 ... 04-edition
The combination of these 4 random assignments & your starting position forces you to come up with a strategy

See attached for all current achievements (including some suggestions that will fit this kind of quest) and a "random generator". It is all a bit rough but gives you a good sense of how such a close-ended Quest could feel like in Forge.

Example Random Easy Quest Assignments:
| Open
The draft master - win at least 1 different quest draft tournaments.
The traveler - win at least 1 match in every world
The archeologist - collect 20 unique artifacts
mana flooded - win a game by giving opponent 10 poison counters
hellbent - win a game with no cards in your hand
arcane master - win a game without casting more than 2 spells
alternate win condition - win with any alternate win condition
planeswalker ultimate - win after activating any planeswalker ultimate

Example Random Expert Quest Assignments:
| Open
The challenger - common - win 1 challenge
The traveler - unc. - win 5 matches in every world
The gladiator - rare - Win against 10 different hard opponents.
The Draft master - mythic - win at least 25 different quest draft tournaments.
Domain - win a game with 1 of each basic land on the battlefield
The collector - rare - collect 2500 unique magic cards
game win streak - unc. - win 25 games in a row
overkill - common - win a game with opponent at -25 life
rags to riches - mythic - win a game after mulliganing to 1 card
the teamwork - win a game with Coalition Victory
Ajani Steadfast - Win a game after activating this planeswalkers ultimate
Chandra, Pyromaster - Win a game after activating this planeswalkers ultimate

But Forge could also offer some themed fixed sets (stories) like:
Rise of the Zombies:
| Open
The Gladiator - Win against 5 different hard opponents.
The challenger - win 10 challenges
The biologist - collect 100 unique zombie creature cards
no spells - win a game using a deck with only creatures & lands
game win streak - win 10 games in a row
life to spare - win a game with 160 more life than you started with
the army - win a game with Epic Struggle
Liliana of the Dark Realms - Win a game after activating this planeswalkers ultimate

It is important that you have to make tough choices and not wait it out until you have a vintage deck and finish them in a blast. The game should keep you on your toes. The following tools accomplish this:
• The increasing difficulty level in Forge does already do a lot of work.
• Assigments/achievements that might be easier in the beginning. Winning after a mulligan to 4 is something I’d rather pull of against Colossus 1 or Barney Rubble 1 than any hard opponent. (Some Risk assigments were also easier in the beginning and tough later (conquer 1 territory in each continent), these work great.
• Another tool is to have a target: finish your assignments as quickly as possible (least amount of matches, including quest draft matches). Or with the best record. And share & compare these on the forum.
• Alternatively we could have a feature that sets the maximum number of matches, and the goal is to complete as much achievements as possible. Points could be awarded to the various assignments creating a total score.
• Last (and maybe the coolest) option is to make it so that you can fail your quest:
o After every x matches you lose you get -1 life (bazar). You could buy extra life. But if you’re out of cash you’ll slowly die horribly..
o Lose x matches in a row and you’re dead
o Some assignments/achievements might have limited possibilities to complete: defeat an easy opponent in 3 different worlds; some world challenges come to mind that are only available once, if you fail in these you might also fail a corresponding achievement:
• Have a few death match quest drafts: if you don’t win, you’re dead

Other functionality (on my wishlist) that might make the whole thing more balanced & challenging:
• Increasing minimum deck size (start: 40, medium: 50, hard/expert: 60)
• Traveling costs (increasing)
• Deck constraints (e.g. only ravnica cards in ravnica matches/challenges)
• Better access to commander/ conspiracy/etc. cards (phantom drafts/ fat packs/ special worlds/ integrate these modalities in quest like draft)
KR,
Attachments
Forge Quest Achievements.xls
(63.5 KiB) Downloaded 335 times
serrasmurf

Postby whound » 29 Nov 2015, 13:00

Hello!

In the deck editor I would like to be able to organize the cards by custom categories like 'removal', 'draw', 'protection', etc... The user would be able to creature his own categories for each deck, and those would be saved with the deck.

To visualize this concept I'm asking see the deck planner for Duels of The Planeswalkers: http://happypluto.com/~misterp/ars/planner/ in which you can organize the cards by 'purpose'.

Keep up the good work, forge is the best of its kind. Thank you!
whound

Postby ctmorling » 03 Dec 2015, 23:53

For me, the most exciting thing about supplemental products like Commander 2015 is putting them into cubes.
Unfortunately (because these supplemental products aren't on Bestiaire, I believe), the AI is awful at drafting cards from supplemental products. It seems to value them at "500.0" -- the lowest priority for drafting cards.

I'm wondering if there's an alternative way for the AI to value these cards. CubeTutor has data (I'm forbidden from posting the link, but it's easy to find) that shows how often most cards are taken when available in the cubes stored there. That data isn't perfect, of course, but it would be better than the AI last-picking cards it doesn't recognize.

My suggestion would be to translate the data from Cube Tutor to the same scale as the data that's currently being used and then to have this data used as a default value whenever the 500.0 would be used today. Of course, if this doesn't exist, either, for a card, I'd suggest continuing to use the 500.0.
ctmorling

Postby shteev » 05 Dec 2015, 00:57

Started playing 1.5.47 this week. Great to see some new Quest Challenge decks! A thought occured to me about them, however. Like many of the existing Challenge decks, they begin the game with a bunch of permanents in play to change the feel of the game. Old hands like me, tho, who are used to playing The Backlash Machine or Repressed Magic are already tooled up with board sweepers like Oblivion Stone and Nevinyrral's Disk. So I was wondering if perhaps some Challenge decks could instead use emblems rather than permanents, so they cannot be so easily removed?
shteev

Postby shteev » 06 Dec 2015, 04:13

When using a draft token in Quest mode, could the set/block selection window please indicate how much the draft entry fee is? Wasting a draft token on a set which is way out of your price range is a huge set back early on in Quest mode.
shteev

Postby vinnie » 23 Dec 2015, 12:27

I have a stupid little request for quest mode, it would be possible add the ability to choose as reward a copy of one card from opponent deck instead a bost package?
I was a shandalar player and I like to win less cards to each duel :)
vinnie

Postby adrianovaz2007 » 25 Dec 2015, 22:44

I'd like to join the other voices and request Pauper Commander/Peasant too. Or at least Ambassador (any creature may be the Commander), since then if you want to plat Peasant you just follow the rarity rules in both decks and it's a-ok.
adrianovaz2007

Postby The Mexinerd » 05 Jan 2016, 07:18

I would like to enable black borders for certain sets. This is because I liek to grab alternate arts for cards, but if I put them in a set like 8th edition or one where the card only exists in a white bordered set, it will show up black bordered in the preview window, but fore will give it a white border in game.
The Mexinerd

Postby adrianovaz2007 » 06 Jan 2016, 14:21

Anticipating the next release can a way to shut off the automatic download of artwork be implemented? I have a lot of specific altered arts on the Forge image folder, and while it doesn't overwrite them the set folder structure will be a pain in the ass to correct with the images I have.
adrianovaz2007

Postby lefty » 11 Jan 2016, 20:20

Wasn't sure where exactly to post this, but I'm playing the most recent desktop update of Forge (1.5.47) and have been trying to play locally with my wife using two laptops. Its working pretty smoothly aside from one fairly major issue that I can't seem to find a solution for.

Whenever we get to combat and the declare blockers phase, the targeting icon and blocking targeting arrows only show up on the screen of whoever the "host" player is. If the non-host is declaring blockers, their screen only displays a shield icon that indicates the card is blocker, but doesn't have any indication of what it is blocking. If the non-host is attacking, they dont see any kind of indication at all that any opposing cards are blocking (no arrows or even shield icon.) This obviously has a negative impact for the player that cant see, since casting instants to respond to specific blockers is a pretty crucial gameplay mechanic.

I checked and made sure targeting overlays were set to "always visible" on both screens. Any help would be appreciated, or maybe this could be added/solved in the next version build? We are so looking forward to having multiplayer working properly!

Many thanks!
lefty

Improved counters system

Postby lefty » 17 Jan 2016, 18:34

This may have been suggested before, but when counters are placed on cards, you only see the first four. This would be for both Android and Desktop versions.

For a card like Aether Vial, each upkeep you can optionally place charge counters on it then can tap it to put a creature card directly onto the battlefield that has the same CMC as the number of charge counters on Aether Vial.

With the current counter system, once you get past four, you dont really have a way of confirming the number of counter.

Maybe a counter symbol with a number inside it that indicates how many counters would work better?
lefty

Re: Improved counters system

Postby friarsol » 17 Jan 2016, 18:59

lefty wrote:With the current counter system, once you get past four, you dont really have a way of confirming the number of counter.
It says how many counters in the CardDetailPanel (the other panel that isn't the card image), so that's not exactly true.
friarsol
Global Moderator

Postby fsecco » 17 Jan 2016, 20:24

Any chance of implementing Type 4? Maybe loading the stack from a decklist? It would be awesome :)
fsecco

Re: Improved counters system

Postby lefty » 18 Jan 2016, 04:18

friarsol wrote:
lefty wrote:With the current counter system, once you get past four, you dont really have a way of confirming the number of counter.
It says how many counters in the CardDetailPanel (the other panel that isn't the card image), so that's not exactly true.
And that is why you rock, Sol. Somehow never tried checking that on the app, haha. Been using card scan view pretty exclusively, thanks for setting me straight!
lefty

PreviousNext

Return to Forge