It is currently 19 Aug 2017, 15:05
   
Text Size

Feature Requests Thread

Moderators: timmermac, friarsol, Blacksmith, KrazyTheFox, Agetian, CCGHQ Admins

Re: Feature Requests Thread

Postby Seravy » 20 Jun 2017, 22:41

New idea. Instead of (or even better, in addition to) enabling marking cards as favorites in quest mode, there should be an option to mark cards "unwanted", which should remember the setting even if the card is sold, so if it ever appears again, it ends up in the unwanted category again.
As is, it's exceedingly difficulty to sort cards and sell unwanted stuff in quest mode, while having a deck with cards to be kept is a semi-decent workaround, it's an "opt-in" way so any card that you don't want to keep has to be evaluated and sold manually again after every pack.
What's worse, as soon as multiple editions are unlocked, cards that aren't in the "to keep" deck but aren't sold either start to fill the inventory - the deck can contain up to 4 cards but if those 4 are not the same edition (or some are foils), extra copies won't get sold in the shop.

Either way, we NEED a decent way to filter out unwanted cards and wanted cards, as it takes many hours to do as is.
Seravy
 
Posts: 285
Joined: 26 Oct 2016, 21:23
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 23 times

Re: Feature Requests Thread

Postby lazylockie » 21 Jun 2017, 13:52

Seravy wrote:New idea. Instead of (or even better, in addition to) enabling marking cards as favorites in quest mode, there should be an option to mark cards "unwanted", which should remember the setting even if the card is sold, so if it ever appears again, it ends up in the unwanted category again.
As is, it's exceedingly difficulty to sort cards and sell unwanted stuff in quest mode, while having a deck with cards to be kept is a semi-decent workaround, it's an "opt-in" way so any card that you don't want to keep has to be evaluated and sold manually again after every pack.
What's worse, as soon as multiple editions are unlocked, cards that aren't in the "to keep" deck but aren't sold either start to fill the inventory - the deck can contain up to 4 cards but if those 4 are not the same edition (or some are foils), extra copies won't get sold in the shop.

Either way, we NEED a decent way to filter out unwanted cards and wanted cards, as it takes many hours to do as is.
I've noticed that as well but I don't think a unwanted list would solve either. As the collection grows up, it more and more annoying to manage your collection. With so many cards at your disposal, the opponents become rather easy, so I get bored and end up just finishing that quest and start a new one with different rules.
lazylockie
 
Posts: 492
Joined: 13 Jul 2010, 22:44
Has thanked: 65 times
Been thanked: 15 times

Re: Feature Requests Thread

Postby Seravy » 21 Jun 2017, 17:49

Well, that's one workaround. Not one for me though, I enjoy collecting card as much as playing.
The other workaround I can think of, at this rate it's probably more profitable to NOT sell the cards and spend those 2-3 hours playing with a deck that makes high money (either fast wins or large life difference).
...problem is, that leaves all the unwanted cards in the inventory, so when you want to build a deck (or look through cards for ideas for new decks) they get in the way.
No, we do need an unwanted card list (or something similar). In one of those GBA Yu-Gi-Oh games, they had a great system, you could rate each card 1 to 5 stars and then use that rating as filters. So you rate your new cards that are still unrated, then go to shop and sell everything rated 2 or below or whichever you prefer to use as your threshold. It makes deckbuilding easier too, if you need to fill the last few slots in a deck for example, you can set the filter to 5 stars and browse only your top tier cards. That way you'll never forget to include your power nine or whatever else.
Seravy
 
Posts: 285
Joined: 26 Oct 2016, 21:23
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 23 times

Re: Feature Requests Thread

Postby Thy Holy Jesus » 29 Jun 2017, 17:08

Simple idea , even though it's more than likely that has been requested before.
Add promos.
What's holding you from adding promos ?
We already have scans for almost all promos in the HQ scan project , It would be cool to see it happen.
[-o< [-o<
Thy Holy Jesus
 
Posts: 25
Joined: 12 Jun 2017, 21:38
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 10 times

Re: Feature Requests Thread

Postby timmermac » 29 Jun 2017, 18:04

There are some in the game already via the Gatherer promo cards, with the set code MBP
"I just woke up, haven't had coffee, let alone a pee in 7 days, and I find out you stole my ass and made a ...mini-me! Carter, I should be irked currently, yes?" - Jack O'Neill
User avatar
timmermac
Tester
 
Posts: 1365
Joined: 17 May 2010, 20:36
Has thanked: 17 times
Been thanked: 66 times

Re: Feature Requests Thread

Postby Thy Holy Jesus » 29 Jun 2017, 19:47

timmermac wrote:There are some in the game already via the Gatherer promo cards, with the set code MBP
But why not add all of them?
Compile all the promos in one "set", is it impossible?
Thy Holy Jesus
 
Posts: 25
Joined: 12 Jun 2017, 21:38
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 10 times

Re: Feature Requests Thread

Postby timmermac » 30 Jun 2017, 00:49

I'm not sure, I was just mentioning that some promos are already in. The developers would be better able to answer why all of them aren't in.
"I just woke up, haven't had coffee, let alone a pee in 7 days, and I find out you stole my ass and made a ...mini-me! Carter, I should be irked currently, yes?" - Jack O'Neill
User avatar
timmermac
Tester
 
Posts: 1365
Joined: 17 May 2010, 20:36
Has thanked: 17 times
Been thanked: 66 times

Re: Feature Requests Thread

Postby Rooger » 01 Jul 2017, 05:24

I've made some tests a few months back and in fact it's quite easy to get promos into forge. You just need an edition file to serve as the "database" of the cards in the set and the pictures themselves.

Check this thread, i've posted there an example of what you need to get started. If you need any tips i'm glad to help if i'm able. I share your enthusiasm for promos but it needs to be something well fleshed out before submiting to the main game.

Also, I think i've worked on a couple other promo sets (remember playing around with Euro and APAC lands, those are pretty cool) but i'm not sure if i've actually made them into forge. I'll check if i have the files needed and post them in the thread, if you are interested we could start to create some basic guidelines for promo sets, like how should we present them, set codes,etc.

Plus, if you are into that sort of thing, you can even make one set for altered art cards that you like, check this screenshot I think it looks pretty unique and badass ahah (notice the set code)
Rooger
 
Posts: 81
Joined: 06 Jan 2013, 06:59
Has thanked: 44 times
Been thanked: 33 times

Re: Feature Requests Thread

Postby Thy Holy Jesus » 01 Jul 2017, 12:18

Rooger wrote:I've made some tests a few months back and in fact it's quite easy to get promos into forge. You just need an edition file to serve as the "database" of the cards in the set and the pictures themselves.

Check this thread, i've posted there an example of what you need to get started. If you need any tips i'm glad to help if i'm able. I share your enthusiasm for promos but it needs to be something well fleshed out before submiting to the main game.

Also, I think i've worked on a couple other promo sets (remember playing around with Euro and APAC lands, those are pretty cool) but i'm not sure if i've actually made them into forge. I'll check if i have the files needed and post them in the thread, if you are interested we could start to create some basic guidelines for promo sets, like how should we present them, set codes,etc.

Plus, if you are into that sort of thing, you can even make one set for altered art cards that you like, check this screenshot I think it looks pretty unique and badass ahah (notice the set code)
Exactly there is no reason for the promos not being in the game, we already have HQ scans for all of them, I like that set code ALT , all the promos under that set code is a good idea.
I think that we are missing such good artwork , also quest mode is missing a lot with these promos.
=D> =D> =D> =D>
Thy Holy Jesus
 
Posts: 25
Joined: 12 Jun 2017, 21:38
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 10 times

Re: Feature Requests Thread

Postby Thy Holy Jesus » 01 Jul 2017, 13:17

Another Idea would be use another aba for when filtering by sets just for promos , it would be easier , since there are a lot of promos , a good idea would be the setcodes name be P(name of the set here) for example PAKH , and we could also include World championship decks ,anyway I have already all the promos downloaded.
Thy Holy Jesus
 
Posts: 25
Joined: 12 Jun 2017, 21:38
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 10 times

Re: Feature Requests Thread

Postby Rooger » 01 Jul 2017, 14:33

I like the way you are thinking, it would be great to have another tab for the promos in deck editor because it would clog up really fast the Other Sets tab. I dont know how to do this though and i'm not sure if everyone is interested in this.

Implementing them in the quest worlds is a diferent story, i dont really know how hard it would be, but it would be pretty cool indeed.

Here are the sets i've made a few months back for personal use but take a look and let me know what you think. They have these promos:

CP1 - Magic 2015 Clash Pack
CP2 - Fate Reforged Clash Pack
CP3 - Magic Origins Clash Pack
MD1 - Modern Event Deck
15A - Promo 15th Anniversary
APL - Promo APAC Lands
EUL - Promo Euro Lands
GPX - Promo Grand Prix
GUR - Promo Guru Lands
SDC - Promo San Diego Comic Con
Rooger
 
Posts: 81
Joined: 06 Jan 2013, 06:59
Has thanked: 44 times
Been thanked: 33 times

Re: Feature Requests Thread

Postby Thy Holy Jesus » 01 Jul 2017, 14:54

Rooger wrote:I like the way you are thinking, it would be great to have another tab for the promos in deck editor because it would clog up really fast the Other Sets tab. I dont know how to do this though and i'm not sure if everyone is interested in this.

Implementing them in the quest worlds is a diferent story, i dont really know how hard it would be, but it would be pretty cool indeed.

Here are the sets i've made a few months back for personal use but take a look and let me know what you think. They have these promos:

CP1 - Magic 2015 Clash Pack
CP2 - Fate Reforged Clash Pack
CP3 - Magic Origins Clash Pack
MD1 - Modern Event Deck
15A - Promo 15th Anniversary
APL - Promo APAC Lands
EUL - Promo Euro Lands
GPX - Promo Grand Prix
GUR - Promo Guru Lands
SDC - Promo San Diego Comic Con
This is great , WC decks could also be implemented easily in this new tab for promos , the promos are already compiled in the HQ Scan Project , the only ones that dont have an HQ scan are the new released HOU promos , but I like what you did , why haven't the mods included this yet , have you talked to them yet? this is a great idea right here!
=D> =D> =D> =D> =D>
Thy Holy Jesus
 
Posts: 25
Joined: 12 Jun 2017, 21:38
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 10 times

Re: Feature Requests Thread

Postby Rooger » 01 Jul 2017, 15:22

Yeah, WC decks are sweet but they are huge as a whole, what would be the best way to implement them, as a 1 huge set, by year or perhaps by deck (this would require a panel for itself i'm afraid ahah). I haven't uploaded this anywhere mainly because i dont think people are that interested. I'll try to make some more sets and post them here.
Rooger
 
Posts: 81
Joined: 06 Jan 2013, 06:59
Has thanked: 44 times
Been thanked: 33 times

Re: Feature Requests Thread

Postby Thy Holy Jesus » 01 Jul 2017, 17:27

Rooger wrote:Yeah, WC decks are sweet but they are huge as a whole, what would be the best way to implement them, as a 1 huge set, by year or perhaps by deck (this would require a panel for itself i'm afraid ahah). I haven't uploaded this anywhere mainly because i dont think people are that interested. I'll try to make some more sets and post them here.
I think a lot of people would like this idea implemented , WCdecks as a 1 huge set would be the best idea since there are too many , hope the mods implement promos sometime ,it's not like something is holding them back , the work is just compiling the cards in a list anyway
Thy Holy Jesus
 
Posts: 25
Joined: 12 Jun 2017, 21:38
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 10 times

Re: Feature Requests Thread

Postby Thy Holy Jesus » 01 Jul 2017, 22:03

Alright I created a promo set for aether revolt promos , now the question is , do we have to give rarities to promos or number them?
All the promos could be implemented in an afternoon !
Attachments
Paer.png
Thy Holy Jesus
 
Posts: 25
Joined: 12 Jun 2017, 21:38
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 10 times

PreviousNext

Return to Forge

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: MaxMtg and 16 guests


Who is online

In total there are 17 users online :: 1 registered, 0 hidden and 16 guests (based on users active over the past 10 minutes)
Most users ever online was 279 on 11 Jul 2013, 22:03

Users browsing this forum: MaxMtg and 16 guests

Login Form