It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 23:05

Text Size

Feature Requests Thread

Moderators: timmermac, Blacksmith, KrazyTheFox, Agetian, friarsol, CCGHQ Admins

Re: Feature Requests Thread

Postby Ryusho » 17 Nov 2021, 13:14

I would like to suggest Text Based Export of decks or the library, that would be compatable with other sites, for helping build and design decks, or helping analyze for problems with your decks. Also would help with f iguring out what you could make with cards you have, that might actually function with assistance from such programs, but all of such programs use Text based importing, unlike MTG Forges HTML based export. It's odd that it has Text based Import, but no text based Export.
Ryusho

Postby verdealex79 » 23 Nov 2021, 12:33

In my opinion, it would be super to have - directly inside the application - the option to download images of tokens/cards directly by Scryfall, also being able to choose the preferred quality, XHLQ included. With every card variant also (one for each set where the card appears): no need to cut corners.

While it is true that a complete set of XHLQ images for MTG is large, connections are getting fast, disks are getting big and PCs are getting powerful, and there already is a site which hosts every MTG card scan available in XHLQ quality, and which also provides apposite APIs for image downloading.

I have an almost complete set of XHLQ images and Forge runs just fine; so it would be nice to have the option of Scryfall downloading, for those with adequate disks/connections .
verdealex79

Postby Wanderlust » 16 Jan 2022, 02:26

My apologies if this has been suggested before.

Would it be possible to have an option in quest mode to start with a certain amount of gold/points and to build your starting deck through buying cards? Like a system where you'd have all cards available from whatever sets you choose and you build whatever way you want that is within the points budget? And just say, base the card costs off the bazaar prices? I hope I explained this ok!
Wanderlust

Postby AStrangerIsHere » 30 Mar 2022, 17:10

I like to play with the sounds enabled and I think the possibility to change the volume in Forge would be pretty useful.
AStrangerIsHere

Postby lilywatson1v » 09 May 2022, 04:05

If you are experiencing issues with your account, with an order, or otherwise need customer support, please click here. How to report a bug.
lilywatson1v

Postby Ghamar » 20 May 2022, 18:32

A way to cycle thru editions for the selected card in deck editor other than display all card editions (that takes alot of CPU), simply clicking the edition box above the card pic preview would be nice.

Quest mode summons & HP purchase are overpowered, needs adding fatigue for summons & timed effect on HP so you have to repurchase or some solution.

Would be nice to have a starting enchantment\planeswalker\emblem slot purchase w\ payment equivalent to CMC or restriction like that. AI opponents could start with those too & give extra price commensurate to the difference in starting cards (summons\plant).

A way to restrict travel destination per sanctioned format etc.

A way to restrict generic 600$ booster packs that in older editions that have the chance to give really expensive cards, pretty much giving you infinite $.
Ghamar

Postby kixleart » 07 Jun 2022, 20:21

A couple things I would like to see added to Quest mode if possible:
an option to play past eras of the random formats, maybe with the option to select the "latest" set to start with?
i.e: you could select random standard and ROE as the most recent set and have it generate decks and your pool using cards from Shards-ROE
even better if it's able to simulate rotation when unlocking certain sets (such as Scars of Mirrodin in the case of the ROE example)
I would also like to see an option to start with a starter deck from the same sets your starting world pulls from
kixleart

Postby Reghar » 15 Jun 2022, 04:51

FOLDERS FOR COMMANDER!!!!
just noticed this was in the more recent updates for standard. and i play commander only so ive got like 1k+ decks and it would be nice to sort in folders :D
Reghar

Postby BlueTemplar » 17 Jun 2022, 13:37

But this isn't new ??
BlueTemplar

Postby griffin2 » 24 Sep 2022, 01:20

Hello, first great job on Forge. But this request would change many peoples lives! unless there is something like this already (please help me find it if there is): The idea/feature is:

Think of 2 or less RAM devices --> For that, you great programmers, can create Forge Lite! A version of Forge with ONLY the deck editing part, with or without pictures, no actual card games or adventure mode etc, only the menu "deck building" part.

PLEASE consider this.
griffin2

Postby E-n-S » 26 Sep 2022, 19:16

If I had any idea about coding, I'd be working on these already to contribute to this wonderful thing that ya'll have created, but I have two things that would be neat:

#1 Challenge Decks
I'd love to be able to Face the Hydra, Battle the Horde and/or Defeat a God with whatever deck I feel like. Also, fighting Garruk the Slayer the way he was intended to be fought would be fun and we could finally remove him from the deck editor. ;)

#2 Jumpstart
Forge would benefit greatly from a "proper" Jumpstart implementation. For each of the two packs, you would:
- Choose a specific deck list (with the Historic Horizons lists getting filled in according to their variable slots),
- Have Forge give you a random deck list from a specific Jumpstart set or
- Have Forge give you a random deck list from all the existing lists.
Maybe even the option to play with only 1 pack or add packs? idk

Anyway, thank you for all the hard work you put into this project! It has filled countless hours of my life with MtG when there was no one around to play with.

Postby E-n-S » 22 Oct 2022, 00:14

Something else that would be cool to have that recently came up:

After my opponent has revealed cards from their hand or I've looked at cards from their hand, it would be be cool if the card(s) stayed revealed until they leave their owners hand. Same thing for top card(s) of the library and maybe even stuff like face-down creatures (Spy Network). I think Arena and/or MTGO do something like that.

Thanks again!

EDIT: This should be something that you can toggle on/off in the options. I'm sure there's also lots of players who don't want this.

Postby IbHalfheart » 12 Dec 2022, 20:42

It would be great if there was an option in the settings to disable Universes Beyond cards, like the recently released Warhammer 40K set, similar to the option that disables Un-cards. I really don't want to see cards from different IPs in Magic, they ruin my immersion, so I don't want to see them pop up in quest mode for example.
IbHalfheart

Postby E-n-S » 08 Feb 2023, 22:36

Hey there!

I'm really happy that Booster Tutor made it into Forge! Would it be possible for it to generate an actual booster from a set/product rather than just 15 random cards, at least as an option? I think that would be fun!

Previous

Return to Forge