It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 23:26

Text Size

Feature Requests Thread

Moderators: timmermac, Blacksmith, KrazyTheFox, Agetian, friarsol, CCGHQ Admins

Re: Feature Requests Thread

Postby Marek14 » 10 Oct 2009, 16:44

zerker2000 wrote:Yes, this is something I purposely open to development, and I think I even put a restriction system in there somewhere for exactly that purpose. As for ice cauldron, I think it's simpler to just follow the rules( String noted = ""; Ability_Tap...Noted+=<mana spent>; Copy Input_PayManaCost mechanic of spending all mana you can - add rest to mana pool). Anyways, first we want X costs up and running (possibly copy Input_PayManaCost and make its setNext the actual Input_PayManaCost, its OK() have the stopSetNext,and its selectCard call Input_PayManaCostUtil.tapCardforX, which would add the cmc of manaAbility.mana() to ability.X). Ignore all "technobabble" you can't understand :P.
If you start X costs now, make sure to make space for "X payable only with one/two colors" (Atalaya, Samite Master, Consume Spirit, Crimson Hellkite, Crypt Rats, Drain Life, Soul Burn) and special X in the kicker of Emblazoned Golem :)
Marek14
Tester

Postby zerker2000 » 12 Oct 2009, 00:57

Right now, I think I'll have my hands full with all Mana bugs cropping up, however having a boolean addMana(String color) in Input_PayXCost is plausible.
O forest, hold thy wand'ring son
Though fears assail the door.
O foliage, cloak thy ravaged one
In vestments cut for war.

--Eladamri, the Seed of Freyalise
zerker2000
Programmer

Postby indicatie » 14 Oct 2009, 06:07

Once more the request to be able to play fast effect after compy declare attackers and before you declare blockers. I'm taking a beating due to flying slivers now, while I have enough creatures and a Merrow Levitator....
Don't mistake lack of talent for genius.
indicatie

Postby Marek14 » 16 Oct 2009, 21:56

First of all, a note - the "Removed" zone should be renamed to "Exile" and clicking on computer's graveyard (for example) still gives me a window titled "Player's graveyard".

But my suggestion is about the Flashback "zone". It's a good way to play flashback cards, but I think it can be expanded. I suggest to rename it to "Special play" zone. It would contain links to all cards that you can play (or activate) but that are not in your hand.

Retrace ability, for starters. Unearth. But it could also accommodate things like Grinning Totem or Future Sight.

I imagine the format would have to change a bit, you'd have a list of cards with descriptions in parentheses.

As in:
Think Twice (cast via flashback)
Oona's Grace (cast via retrace)
Glory (activate ability)
Dregscape Zombie (activate unearth)
CARDNAME (play via Grinning Totem)
CARDNAME (play via Future Sight)

Could be organized by zones, with ---- separating graveyard, exile and library (perhaps stack as well, if you want Lightning Storm)

As for Future Sight, it would require a way to see top card of either library. One way would be make "library" zone clickable so you could look at top card (this would also allow Sphinx of Jwar Isle easily - you just can look only on your own library, and your opponent can't look at either). But seeing top card of library (or opponent's hand) would be probably ultimately better through something else, say, temporary windows?
Marek14
Tester

Postby DennisBergkamp » 16 Oct 2009, 22:00

I've been thinking about this as well. Unearth and Retrace came to mind... we'll probably change them as soon as we implement some of those abilities.
DennisBergkamp
AI Programmer

Postby thiagohac » 17 Oct 2009, 02:30

Feature Requests: AI based in AI algorithms: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Artificial_intelligence
thiagohac

Postby Marek14 » 18 Oct 2009, 12:50

Keyword request: Soulshift. It was a major mechanic in Kamigawa block.

AI suggestions: The most basic use would be that AI will target a random Spirit card in its graveyard out of those with maximum CMC it can bring back. It can be refined from there.

Cards it would allow:

Simple (french vanillas):
Body of Jukai
Crawling Filth
Forked-Branch Garami
Gibbering Kami
Hundred-Talon Kami
Kami of Empty Graves
Kami of Lunacy
Kami of the Palace Fields
Nightsoil Kami
Promised Kannushi
Thousand-legged Kami
Torii Watchward
Venerable Kumo

More complex:
Burr Grafter (activated ability)
Elder Pine of Jukai (Spiritcraft)
Harbinger of Spring (new protection ability)
He Who Hungers (activated ability)
Kami of the Honored Dead (triggered ability on receiving damage)
Moonlit Strider (activated ability)
Pus Kami (activated ability)
Rootrunner (activated ability)
Scuttling Death (activated ability)
Thief of Hope (Spiritcraft)
Vine Kami (can't be blocked by 1 creature)

Complex:
Deathknell Kami (activated ability with EOT delayed trigger)
Kami of the Tended Garden (upkeep cost)
Kodama of the Center Tree (variable soulshift)
Marek14
Tester

Postby DennisBergkamp » 21 Oct 2009, 03:24

I'm not sure if it has been requested in this thread or not (if not, I'm pretty sure it has been in other places), but I've finally added two new phases, and this is how they work currently:

1. A pre declare attackers phase, where "tap" effects can be used to tap the AI's potential attackers right before they're able to attack. This phase will only show up if the computer has creatures in play that are able to attack.

2. A post declare attackers phase, where creatures with Flash can be played to "surprise block" the AI's creatures right after they've been declared as attackers. This phase will only show up if the computer did in fact declare creatures as attackers.

Does this sound good, or am I missing something ?
DennisBergkamp
AI Programmer

Postby Sloth » 21 Oct 2009, 19:44

DennisBergkamp wrote:Does this sound good, or am I missing something ?
Yup it does. I always missed this feature. Flash was a mostly pointless ability so far.
Sloth
Programmer

Postby zerker2000 » 22 Oct 2009, 02:03

Yep you (probably) are, and that is mirroring for AI: is there any code the AI will use to do the same during the player's turn? There is a fair chance of not having mana available...at least support for "{T}:tap target" permanents the computer has in play(and holding them back if the human player seems to have an e.g. 27/27 trampler)?
O forest, hold thy wand'ring son
Though fears assail the door.
O foliage, cloak thy ravaged one
In vestments cut for war.

--Eladamri, the Seed of Freyalise
zerker2000
Programmer

Postby Mr.Chaos » 22 Oct 2009, 05:51

So this means we can finally use the lands that can turn into creatures as blockers now?
SWEET! Just what we have been asking/begging/hoping for! \:D/
](*,) = coder at work, according to a coder.It does explain some of the bugs. :wink:
Mr.Chaos
Tester

Postby indicatie » 22 Oct 2009, 05:54

DennisBergkamp wrote:I'm not sure if it has been requested in this thread or not (if not, I'm pretty sure it has been in other places), but I've finally added two new phases, and this is how they work currently:

1. A pre declare attackers phase, where "tap" effects can be used to tap the AI's potential attackers right before they're able to attack. This phase will only show up if the computer has creatures in play that are able to attack.

2. A post declare attackers phase, where creatures with Flash can be played to "surprise block" the AI's creatures right after they've been declared as attackers. This phase will only show up if the computer did in fact declare creatures as attackers.

Does this sound good, or am I missing something ?
indicatie wrote:Once more the request to be able to play fast effect after compy declare attackers and before you declare blockers. I'm taking a beating due to flying slivers now, while I have enough creatures and a Merrow Levitator....
So yes, this has been requested. Happy Happy Joy Joy! Combat tricks are here to save the day! =D>
Don't mistake lack of talent for genius.
indicatie

Postby DennisBergkamp » 22 Oct 2009, 16:11

Cool, yes I've been testing this with a deck of one Benalish Trapper and some Flash creatures, and it seems to work just fine :)

Yep you (probably) are, and that is mirroring for AI: is there any code the AI will use to do the same during the player's turn? There is a fair chance of not having mana available...at least support for "{T}:tap target" permanents the computer has in play(and holding them back if the human player seems to have an e.g. 27/27 trampler)?
Yeah, I know that's still missing. Something to add in at some point in the future :)
DennisBergkamp
AI Programmer

Postby Rob Cashwalker » 22 Oct 2009, 16:38

Well, you've got the AI playing counterspells, so how did you do that?
The Force will be with you, Always.
Rob Cashwalker
Programmer

Postby DennisBergkamp » 22 Oct 2009, 16:46

Big hack. I can probably do something similar for Regeneration and Flash creatures. Targeting is trickier though, I'm using AllZone.Stack.add(spellAbility);
DennisBergkamp
AI Programmer

PreviousNext

Return to Forge