It is currently 18 Apr 2024, 05:58

Text Size

Feature Requests Thread

Moderators: timmermac, Blacksmith, KrazyTheFox, Agetian, friarsol, CCGHQ Admins

Re: Feature Requests Thread

Postby klaxnek » 22 Sep 2019, 10:16

kevlahnota wrote:
guyfromcroswell wrote:Is it possible to make the abilities of each card appear on them with symbols or abbreviations? It could be something you could turn on and off like you do with other things like mana cost. A skull for death touch, wings for flying, a shield with a mana symbol, etc.
Something like this...
Wow perfect screenshot!! :supz:
klaxnek

Postby kybuddha » 25 Sep 2019, 22:23

Is it possible to get all the preconstructed decks contained in Gos' archive in the game's main Preconstructed drop down option? I noticed the option has the Magic Arena starter decks, but it doesn't have the Duels of the Planeswalkers decks. It just seems like if it has one, it should have the other.
kybuddha

Postby guyfromcroswell » 26 Sep 2019, 00:34

kevlahnota wrote:
guyfromcroswell wrote:Is it possible to make the abilities of each card appear on them with symbols or abbreviations? It could be something you could turn on and off like you do with other things like mana cost. A skull for death touch, wings for flying, a shield with a mana symbol, etc.
Something like this...
ABSOLUTELY! Exactly like that.
guyfromcroswell

Automatic "dump state" each turn

Postby rex4 » 28 Sep 2019, 13:41

I request an automatic "dump state" each turn: Xmage has a nice function that is to revert one or more turn for when you made a mistake (or when a card simply does NOT work the way it's written and has some extra rules you have to read on internet like etrata), which is unfortunately the only thing that xmage has and Forge hasn't. Instead in forge, once dev mode is enabled, we can "dump" and "setup" states, that is save and load, so by manually saving one each turn it's possible to revert too but saving manually every single turn would be very tedious, could you add an option to automatically dump state every turn ? Txt files are very small and it could also help for bug reports.
rex4

Postby HeinousAnus » 23 Oct 2019, 03:18

I would like to request support for the new pioneer format. I imagine it'd be fairly easy to implement, and toggling the allowed sets is more than a little pain when brewing. Additionally, the random pioneer color decks would be exceptionally helpful, as well.
HeinousAnus

Postby rickp » 02 Nov 2019, 10:45

How about animations for when the cards tap like xmage has? Be cool.
rickp

Cube Customization

Postby Vehicroid » 04 Nov 2019, 18:04

One of my favorite things about Forge is that I can playtest my cube on my android tablet. It would be really awesome if I didn't have to reconnect it to my computer every time I make a change to the cube. Can you guys maybe look into having a way to build/edit cubes in app?
Thanks for all the work. I absolutely love this app. Just discovered it a month ago.
Vehicroid

Postby dannnnv » 20 Dec 2019, 17:42

Hi there,

I'd love to be able to have a button or hotkey that would skip to my next turn, autoyielding to absoluteley everything on maximum speed, like when there are two AI opponents alive but no human ones.

This would allow me to "goldfish" decks way more easily.

Thanks!
dannnnv

Postby friarsol » 20 Dec 2019, 20:20

dannnnv wrote:Hi there,

I'd love to be able to have a button or hotkey that would skip to my next turn, autoyielding to absoluteley everything on maximum speed, like when there are two AI opponents alive but no human ones.

This would allow me to "goldfish" decks way more easily.

Thanks!
Don't we have an autoyield already? I think the bottom of the preferences it has the hotkeys for those.
friarsol
Global Moderator

Postby Thran75 » 23 Dec 2019, 22:43

Hello, I do like know if could possible give the OPTION to use the old system to select the cards from the deck when using card alike the fetchlands. The new system looks slower, maybe is just I am not still accustomed enough, but I really find it a lot slower. Anyway thank you to all people that keep this great project going.
Thran75

Postby protegos » 18 Jan 2020, 13:08

Hello!

I'd like to have a feature where you can build a random deck around 1 card. For example, you choose Ajani and then it adds some cards of the same color. Even better if it tries to build a deck that is synergistic with that card to some extent.

Thanks!
protegos

Postby correioalternativo » 24 Jan 2020, 16:07

For Cursed Scroll, Cabal Therapy etc.:

|Choose a card name|
:arrow: (This game)
card aaa
card bbb
card ccc
:arrow: (all cards)

The section "this game" lists all cards from battlefield, graveyard, exile, your hand and your library; if you saw opponent's hand and library, that cards will be listed too.
correioalternativo

Postby joey4track » 26 Jan 2020, 16:22

I'd like to request a larger font option or better scaling for higher resolutions. Playing Forge on a 4K monitor is very strenuous on the eyes even at the maxed out font size of 18.
joey4track

Postby Diogenes » 15 Mar 2020, 04:39

Hey guys, as ever Forge is only getting better as time goes by! I do have a couple of requests, I hope they're not too difficult.

1. Would it be easy to disable deck conformance requirements for user-created Brawl decks? A friend and I have been brewing up M14, M15, and ORI Brawl decks and it's been a blast! The problem is that the only way to play these in Forge is to manually add the relevant sets to the Standard and Brawl format definitions, and this has an odd side effect: once more sets get added to 'Standard', some of the basic lands from each set become unavailable in the Brawl editor (for instance, when adding ORI-standard sets to current standard FRF Island2 shows up, but not Island1,) and Forge doesn't recognize any decks which include one of these missing lands as format-legal so they don't show up in the selection window.

It would be cool if, at some future point, you could sort your decks by hypothetical legality in past versions of Standard, and even generate decks using EDHREC weightings like with Commander, but just being able to create and play non-Standard Brawl decks would be fantastic.

2. It would be great if there were a more intuitive way to change what type of deck (constructed, Commander, Brawl, etc.,) you are editing from within the editor. The only way I can find to get into the Commander or Brawl editors is by clicking the pencil icon from within the relevant mode's deck selector.

3. It would be nice to have an option for searched zones to auto-sort by default in the pop-out panel. I get that there could be some old graveyard-order-matters issues, and that scrolling through your deck, for instance, as shuffled more closely matches the physical-cards experience, but 99.9% of the time the order doesn't matter. The deck is going to get shuffled immediately after a search anyway, and it's just harder to find what you're looking for when the cards are presented in a random jumble.

Hope everyone's doing well and thanks again for Forge!
Diogenes

Postby lindleya1 » 15 Mar 2020, 07:59

Diogenes wrote:1. Would it be easy to disable deck conformance requirements for user-created Brawl decks? A friend and I have been brewing up M14, M15, and ORI Brawl decks and it's been a blast! The problem is that the only way to play these in Forge is to manually add the relevant sets to the Standard and Brawl format definitions, and this has an odd side effect: once more sets get added to 'Standard', some of the basic lands from each set become unavailable in the Brawl editor (for instance, when adding ORI-standard sets to current standard FRF Island2 shows up, but not Island1,) and Forge doesn't recognize any decks which include one of these missing lands as format-legal so they don't show up in the selection window.

It would be cool if, at some future point, you could sort your decks by hypothetical legality in past versions of Standard, and even generate decks using EDHREC weightings like with Commander, but just being able to create and play non-Standard Brawl decks would be fantastic.
I have a similar request for Commander. In my playgroup we allow for unofficial commanders (with discussion) like the 4-coloured Nephiim, and it would be nice to have the option to play with those on Forge.
lindleya1

PreviousNext

Return to Forge