It is currently 18 Apr 2024, 07:00

Text Size

Feature Requests Thread

Moderators: timmermac, Blacksmith, KrazyTheFox, Agetian, friarsol, CCGHQ Admins

Re: Feature Requests Thread

Postby Nekoatl » 15 Nov 2016, 07:49

As I understand it, when a card allows a player to choose a card from outside the game, they're allowed to to choose from their sideboard in sanctioned events and from any card in their collection otherwise. However, as far as I can tell, Forge only allows players to choose cards from their sideboard, regardless of game mode. I'd like to be able to choose any card when playing a constructed game.

I tried adding multiple copies of every card that Forge supports to the sideboard of a wish deck as a workaround, but when I tried actually playing a game with that deck, the Keep/Mulligan option took so long to load that I got tired of waiting and closed the program.
Nekoatl

Postby Seravy » 15 Nov 2016, 13:19

Nekoatl wrote:As I understand it, when a card allows a player to choose a card from outside the game, they're allowed to to choose from their sideboard in sanctioned events and from any card in their collection otherwise. However, as far as I can tell, Forge only allows players to choose cards from their sideboard, regardless of game mode. I'd like to be able to choose any card when playing a constructed game.

I tried adding multiple copies of every card that Forge supports to the sideboard of a wish deck as a workaround, but when I tried actually playing a game with that deck, the Keep/Mulligan option took so long to load that I got tired of waiting and closed the program.
Agreed, Wish should allow picking any card. When I tried putting them in the sideboard I got a "sideboard must be 15 cards" message and couldn't play.
Seravy

Postby Nekoatl » 15 Nov 2016, 17:56

You can disable the 15-card limit on sideboard size (uncheck Game Options -> Preferences -> Gameplay -> Deck Conformance), but that can't get around hardware limitations.
Nekoatl

Postby Marek14 » 16 Nov 2016, 07:42

Nekoatl wrote:You can disable the 15-card limit on sideboard size (uncheck Game Options -> Preferences -> Gameplay -> Deck Conformance), but that can't get around hardware limitations.
Well, the game can deal with "name a card" dialogues, so it should be able to deal with naming a generic card for Wish...
Marek14
Tester

Postby friarsol » 16 Nov 2016, 13:23

Unfortunately, that's just not how Wishes are scripted in the system. Forge doesn't have anything to tell it if it's sanctioned or not. If you want to replicate this behavior you can probably do something like:

1) Enable Dev mode
2) Cast your wish but decline to "find" the card.
3) Add card you want to your hand via the developer's panel.
friarsol
Global Moderator

Postby fsecco » 16 Nov 2016, 20:39

Just want to post again to be able to play Duel Commander in the game (play commander with 20 life). Maybe a box to choose 20-30-40 life?

And, of course, be able to play with Partner Commanders.
fsecco

Postby fmartel » 16 Nov 2016, 22:01

I reported earlier a small issue that might have gone unnoticed.
Land problem... I made my deck to include FullArt lands. Each time I Open Forge, there's 9 lands (BFZ) that convert themselve inton non-FullArt. I remove them, the add the desired lands via the catalog, save, play and close Forge.

Now I've added them (Zen) via the "Add Basic Lands" feature for commander. Close and Re-Opened Forge. They converted to Non-FullArt...
Please, can this issue be looked at ?
Thank you.
Attachments
Sans titre.png
FullArt vs Non-FullArt
fmartel

Postby BloodReyvyn » 18 Nov 2016, 01:48

I have a minor visual feature request:

Could a small icon be placed over the edge of creatures with flying? A little wing or something would be ideal. Not everyone would want it there, so it could be a toggle-able option.

I just thought it would be a cool visual aid. Obviously, we've been fine without it and it's unnecessary, but extra options are always cool. :)
"There's an experience worse than blindness - it's the certainty that your vision is perfect and the horror that there's no world around you to see."
BloodReyvyn

Postby Adelnikov » 19 Nov 2016, 08:27

fsecco wrote:Just want to post again to be able to play Duel Commander in the game (play commander with 20 life). Maybe a box to choose 20-30-40 life?

And, of course, be able to play with Partner Commanders.
+1 for this request. =D>
Adelnikov

Postby fmartel » 21 Nov 2016, 18:45

I'd like to see Commander format with deck conformance I.E. Banlist
Balance.PNG
CMDR Balance...

Thank you.
fmartel

Postby RumbleBBU » 22 Nov 2016, 07:05

Something minor...

In the current version, ESC seems hard coded to end the turn when there is no prompt to cancel.

For me, this is causes significant play smoothness issues, in particular when there are lots of cards in play that keep asking me if I want to do this or if I want to do that, and I say no, no, no, in other words, keep pressing ESC.

Now the problem is - hit the ESC one time too many and you've just ended your turn! Damn! It happens all too easily when you are bombarded with prompts (most of which you want to answer "No").

What I'd like to see is that this ESC behavior would be option-controlled, at least. You can already set a shortcut key for "End turn", so this hardcoded functionality for ESC seems a bit redundant to me. OTOH, it does cause some annoyance, as noted above. OMG! I hit ESC one time too many again! Argh! The older versions Forge didn't harshly punish you for that.

Without being actually able to compile and run Forge currently, I'm guessing that what I want to change can found in forge-gui/src/main/java/forge/match/input/InputPassPriority.java:

Code: Select all
    /** {@inheritDoc} */
    @Override
    public final void showMessage() {
        showMessage(getTurnPhasePriorityMessage(getController().getGame()));
        chosenSa = null;
        if (getController().canUndoLastAction()) { //allow undoing with cancel button if can undo last action
            getController().getGui().updateButtons(getOwner(), "OK", "Undo", true, true, true);
        }
        else { //otherwise allow ending turn with cancel button
            getController().getGui().updateButtons(getOwner(), "OK", "End Turn", true, true, true);
        }
    }
RumbleBBU

Postby Seravy » 03 Dec 2016, 03:48

When the AI spends more than a certain amount of time on its turn (or consistently on every turn, etc), it should automatically receive a "slow play" penalty and lose that game. Yes, this isn't a DCI sanctioned tournament, but I don't like losing because the AI fails to ever finish a turn and I have to surrender (or close the game and replay the entire match). This could also "fix" the slowdown then crash problem as during the slowdown period the game would end.
Obviously it's meant as a temporal solution, ideally there should be no slowdowns for any reason but since it seems like a long term problem that is unfixable, this is better than nothing.
It's also not funny when I have 10x speed on in drafts and still two AI plays for 20+ minutes because they have some stuff in play that can be tapped for giving +1/+1 to 15 different possible target creatures. Speaking of which, the 10x speed should STAY ON for the next game otherwise it's pointless and I still can't go afk until I can play as I have to click it after every game.
Seravy

Postby Indigo Dragon » 04 Dec 2016, 10:49

Can we have Lim-Dul's Vault looked at? It is a weird card, but it can be improved.
For starters, here's an improved prompt.

lim_duls_vault.txt
(2.21 KiB) Downloaded 182 times
lim_duls_vault.txt | Open
Code: Select all
Name:Lim-Dul's Vault
ManaCost:U B
Types:Instant
A:SP$ Dig | Cost$ U B | DigNum$ 5 | NoMove$ True | SubAbility$ DBRepeat | RememberRevealed$ True | StackDescription$ SpellDescription | SpellDescription$ Look at the top five cards of your library. As many times as you choose, you may pay 1 life, put those cards on the bottom of your library in any order, then look at the top five cards of your library. Then shuffle your library and put the last cards you looked at this way on top of it in any order.
SVar:DBRepeat:DB$ Repeat | RepeatSubAbility$ CheckLifePaid | RepeatCheckSVar$ LifePaid | RepeatSVarCompare$ EQ0 | SubAbility$ DBShuffle | StackDescription$ None
SVar:CheckLifePaid:DB$ StoreSVar | SVar$ LifePaid | Type$ Number | Expression$ 1 | UnlessPayer$ You | UnlessCost$ PayLife<1> | UnlessResolveSubs$ WhenPaid | UnlessAI$ Never | SubAbility$ DBResetRem | StackDescription$ Or then shuffle your library and put the last cards you looked at this way on top of it in any order.
SVar:DBResetRem:DB$ Cleanup | ClearRemembered$ True | SubAbility$ GoToBottom
SVar:GoToBottom:DB$ Dig | DigNum$ 5 | ChangeNum$ All | DestinationZone$ Library | LibraryPosition$ -1 | NoLooking$ True | SubAbility$ DBLookAgain | StackDescription$ None
SVar:DBLookAgain:DB$ Dig | DigNum$ 5 | NoMove$ True | RememberRevealed$ True | StackDescription$ None
SVar:DBShuffle:DB$ ChangeZone | Origin$ Library | Destination$ Library | LibraryPosition$ 0 | ChangeType$ Card.IsRemembered | ChangeNum$ 5 | SubAbility$ DBReset | Hidden$ True | SelectPrompt$ Put one on the top of library. Last picked drawn first. | Mandatory$ True | NoReveal$ True | NoLooking$ True | StackDescription$ None
SVar:DBReset:DB$ StoreSVar | SVar$ LifePaid | Type$ Number | Expression$ 0 | SubAbility$ DBCleanup
SVar:DBCleanup:DB$ Cleanup | ClearRemembered$ True
SVar:LifePaid:Number$0
SVar:RemAIDeck:True
SVar:Picture:http://www.wizards.com/global/images/magic/general/lim_duls_vault.jpg
Oracle:Look at the top five cards of your library. As many times as you choose, you may pay 1 life, put those cards on the bottom of your library in any order, then look at the top five cards of your library. Then shuffle your library and put the last cards you looked at this way on top of it in any order.
What this card really needs is instead of "DB$ ChangeZone | Origin$ Library | Destination$ Library", it should be like Index and Scrying with "A:SP$ RearrangeTopOfLibrary". This would make it easier and clearer to arrange the chosen cards.
Ctrl+C, Ctrl+V
Indigo Dragon

Postby dannnnv » 23 Dec 2016, 16:12

I'd like to request that Yidris and Kynaios and Tiro get implemented.

Just a friendly reminder that people would indeed appreciate it! (And maybe some of the other missing C16 cards while we're at it)
dannnnv

Postby timmermac » 31 Dec 2016, 05:49

Would it be possible to port the collection status fields from desktop Forge's spell shop over to the Android version?
"I just woke up, haven't had coffee, let alone a pee in 7 days, and I find out you stole my ass and made a ...mini-me! Carter, I should be irked currently, yes?" - Jack O'Neill
timmermac
Tester

PreviousNext

Return to Forge