It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 19:46

Text Size

Feature Requests Thread

Moderators: timmermac, Blacksmith, KrazyTheFox, Agetian, friarsol, CCGHQ Admins

Re: Feature Requests Thread

Postby Kiryu666 » 02 Mar 2018, 16:34

More options for momir basic pless ! drop limit,select color pie,format,editions,etc etc [-o< [-o< [-o<
Kiryu666

Postby CptKird » 03 Mar 2018, 12:20

Hello,

I prefer playing Forge on my Tablet (SM-T585N, Stock 7 Android), but the amounts of app crashes (without log) is increasing since a few app versions..

And I already tried this myself once, but no success, too many intricacies prevented this: Having a customizable barebone version of Forge!

Featuring:

- The Ai, of course (but focused on the following playmodes)
- Only Playmodes: Constructed, Booster Draft and Sealed Deck (and networking maybe, to play with buddies)
- Cards database loading selectable per individual set (Loading the db, iirc, takes longest during startup and I think most regular players only play very few sets)
- Any trims necessary to make the Android version more sleek and stable, instead of a 1:1 copy of the windows client. IIRC the Android/Java Environment is less stable/solid, so, why not slim down instead of the opposite?

I know this may be impossible.. :D

I had to try.

All the best
Kird
CptKird

Postby CptKird » 07 Mar 2018, 21:40

Hello,

On Android it's easy to keep track which draft opponent I've already beaten, I just rename the draft deck to reflect progress, like adding "-1234 FAIL 5" at the end (meaning: already won against players 1-4 and 5 had INSANE amounts of luck, etc... 8) )

It's not as easy with the desktop client. There's a workaround by renaming the .dck-files (and edit the "Name" variable inside) but e.g. the desktop Deck Editor screws up the draft deck name using "save as" (it results in "human" and "human.dck", the original name is lost)

So: Would it be too difficult to program an indicator for each opponent, when playing through a draft pool, which one was already beaten?

Thanks for reading!
All the best
CptKird
CptKird

Postby noratora » 15 Mar 2018, 05:27

Would it be possible to add some erratta'd versions of the draft-matters cards from Conspiracy – the ones that don't actually require you to draft (in practical terms)?

So Arcane Savant could say something like, If ~ is in your deck or hand, at the beginning of the upkeep on your first turn, you may exile a card from your sideboard...etc.
noratora

Crash in play

Postby GcRoW88 » 15 Mar 2018, 20:21

Description: Crashed on the last attack for the win. It happened twice today.
Using Huawei Mate 10 Lite and latest Forge alpha version.
NullPointerException | Open
Code: Select all
Forge Version:    1.6.7.001
Operating System: Linux 4.1.18-gaea566a armv7l
Java Version:     0 The Android Project

java.lang.NullPointerException: Attempt to invoke virtual method 'boolean forge.game.player.Player.hasKeyword(java.lang.String)' on a null object reference
   at forge.game.card.Card$2.visit(Card.java:4993)
   at forge.game.card.Card$2.visit(Card.java:4982)
   at forge.game.card.Card.visitUnhiddenKeywords(Card.java:3341)
   at forge.game.card.Card.visitKeywords(Card.java:3196)
   at forge.game.card.Card.canBeTargetedBy(Card.java:4982)
   at forge.game.spellability.SpellAbility.canTarget(SpellAbility.java:991)
   at forge.ai.ComputerUtilCombat.predictPowerBonusOfAttacker(ComputerUtilCombat.java:1389)
   at forge.ai.ComputerUtilCombat.predictPowerBonusOfAttacker(ComputerUtilCombat.java:1235)
   at forge.ai.ComputerUtilCombat.damageIfUnblocked(ComputerUtilCombat.java:203)
   at forge.ai.AiAttackController.doesHumanAttackAndWin(AiAttackController.java:384)
   at forge.ai.AiAttackController.notNeededAsBlockers(AiAttackController.java:305)
   at forge.ai.AiAttackController.declareAttackers(AiAttackController.java:975)
   at forge.ai.AiController.declareAttackers(AiController.java:1105)
   at forge.ai.PlayerControllerAi.declareAttackers(PlayerControllerAi.java:427)
   at forge.game.phase.PhaseHandler.declareAttackersTurnBasedAction(PhaseHandler.java:491)
   at forge.game.phase.PhaseHandler.onPhaseBegin(PhaseHandler.java:268)
   at forge.game.phase.PhaseHandler.startFirstTurn(PhaseHandler.java:1004)
   at forge.game.GameAction.startGame(GameAction.java:1611)
   at forge.game.Match.startGame(Match.java:87)
   at forge.match.HostedMatch$2.run(HostedMatch.java:235)
   at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1133)
   at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:607)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:776)
GcRoW88

Postby goonjamin » 16 Mar 2018, 04:28

I recently installed Linux on my computer and fired up forge. I then moved over my complete set of card images but it appears I have a large number of cards with different capitalization.

How difficult would it be to make an option for forge under Linux to ignore the capitalization differences on card images?
goonjamin

Postby jdmoralesp » 23 Apr 2018, 21:40

kingkarate1 wrote:Things that would be nice to have:

1) Multiplayer format's mulligan rules to be updated (e.g. Commander should have a free first mulligan of 7, then subsequent mulligans reduce hand size)

2) Update the deck selection U.I. to be consistent across all game types not just regular constructed

3) Perhaps a way to set the art of tokens Forge defaults to
It would be nice to have the CMDR free mull now that multiplayer is avaliable in the app
jdmoralesp

Postby Pedroffs » 24 Apr 2018, 14:44

Is there a way, using "Card Set Downloader" to download only some sets? ( eg. Standard sets or to select the sets that we want )
Pedroffs

Postby friarsol » 24 Apr 2018, 14:55

Pedroffs wrote:Is there a way, using "Card Set Downloader" to download only some sets? ( eg. Standard sets or to select the sets that we want )
No there isn't. If you have the auto-downloader on, it'll automatically download the cards from the LQ set downloader that you are using. But we don't really have a set selector for it.
friarsol
Global Moderator

Postby stormcat » 24 Apr 2018, 16:15

In Multiplayer game with me and 3 AI, If I lost at first, game is run only AI.
On this situation, forge needs too much PC resource.
Because it become almost impossible to operate, I hope it will be improved.
stormcat

Postby stormcat » 24 Apr 2018, 19:50

I want a option to lock the layout.
I accidentally move the frame during operation with the mouse.
stormcat

Postby MaxMtg » 29 Apr 2018, 14:18

Something that would be nice for this game would be the implementation of a better token index, right now tokens are kind of a mess, because only old-ish tokens appear, newer set tokens never do, It's prob something wrong with the index, _(name of expansion) in the end of the token filename seem to do nothing because as I draft the new Dominaria set the tokens that I get are from older editions like saprollings,goblins and so on.
Thanks for the time ;)
MaxMtg

Postby darudaru » 29 Apr 2018, 18:05

stillenacht288 wrote:Could you add Pauper as a filter option under legality?
I second this. I'd also love a Pauper constructed format option.
darudaru

Postby M47750N » 01 May 2018, 09:59

Could you add Booster Draft for Online Multiplayer?
Would be great!
Otherwise, great work! Forge looks amazing! Keep up the good work!
M47750N

Postby Axehat » 03 May 2018, 00:13

Apologies in advance if this feature has already been requested. I did a quick search and looked through a few pages, but couldn't find anything, and I'm not sure how to word it in a way that the search would find it.

Wondering if a combo tester or rules tester could be implemented. A sort of false game mode or puzzle-like mode where you can set up the entire board to test specific combos. Purpose would be to be able to check how rules or cards work together in instances where the particular combo is just obscure enough that Google can't find a relevant answer, and asking a forum might take too long for a response (ie. mid-game).

Couldn't find a similar feature within the mobile app, though if it does exist and I'm not looking in the right place then that would be great. I will probably attempt to make it myself anyway, but it will take some time to learn how the app is built and works and stuff.

Thanks!
Axehat

PreviousNext

Return to Forge