It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 22:45

Text Size

MTGForge 08/28 (unofficial BETA) version

Moderators: timmermac, Blacksmith, KrazyTheFox, Agetian, friarsol, CCGHQ Admins

Re: MTGForge 08/28 (unofficial BETA) version

Postby silly freak » 30 Aug 2009, 22:34

that too, but multi split pane has something against this built in: once you manually moved a divider, the layout won't jump any more
even better, the layout can be made persistent, so that any resizings are saved between runs of forge. that already works for me, there's a big update coming to you ;)
___

where's the "trust me, that will work!" switch for the compiler?
Laterna Magica - blog, forum, project, 2010/09/06 release!
silly freak
DEVELOPER

Postby Mr.Chaos » 31 Aug 2009, 05:41

Chris H. wrote:
indicatie wrote:Just downloaded this vrsion, but forgot which files to keep #-o , so my progress isn't deleted... Help me please!
You want to move the following files from the older version of forge to this newest version:

questData

questDecks-easy.txt
questDecks-medium.txt
questDecks-hard.txt

The "questData" file contains your deck files and your card pool. The "questData" file also contains the various AI decks that the computer will play against you.

The other three files contain the names of the AI decks and allows the computer to determine which desks to use against you at the appropriate stage of your quest.

Have fun. :)
And don't forget to copy the "all-decks2" file :!:
That holds all your decks, either the ones you build or those you downloaded from this forum.
My all-decks2 file is now at 110Kb and even that does not contain all available decks yet! :shock:
(It does have all the decks that came with the earliest versions of the game. Those are no longer included with the beta versions.)
](*,) = coder at work, according to a coder.It does explain some of the bugs. :wink:
Mr.Chaos
Tester

Postby DennisBergkamp » 31 Aug 2009, 15:57

Hmm, I could include some generic all-decks2 file with the next Beta release. I'd include mine, but it mostly just includes test decks (with like 7 - 10 cards).
DennisBergkamp
AI Programmer

Postby mtgrares » 31 Aug 2009, 22:25

Great work dennis. Getting all of the updates together is alot of work. Don't worry about only adding 1 new card, MTG Forge has too many cards anyways, ha.

This all-deck2 file has all of Chris's 100 decks that he made, the file is named more decks.zip. Chris wrote explanations for many of the decks and you can download it here.

I just spent 30 minutes filling out an inane, insane employment history online. Why is filling out an employment application online more frustrating than a regular, paper one? I blame the programmers. (You have to blame somebody, lol.)
mtgrares
DEVELOPER

Postby zerker2000 » 02 Sep 2009, 13:38

DennisBergkamp wrote:
zerker2000 wrote:There seems to be some merging problem with my code:
I put
Code: Select all
Sungem
Artifact
no text
tap: add WUBRG
in cards.txt, made a test deck with 10 sungem 10 fusion elemental, and
a) was not able to play elemental one click as on my version
b) was not able to use the leftover mana in the mana pool
c) was not able to play the card at all no matter what I tried
Halp? It seemed like the sort of situation after which I would find eclipse in the exception catcher :P.
Zerker,

This is because I still haven't managed to merge your manapool code changes with my code :(
I'll have another shot at this once I got some extra time. Hopefully sometime next weekend.
Oops, sorry. It seemed like you had at first glance (i.e. when I checked Ability_Mana and ManaPool in source.rar).
O forest, hold thy wand'ring son
Though fears assail the door.
O foliage, cloak thy ravaged one
In vestments cut for war.

--Eladamri, the Seed of Freyalise
zerker2000
Programmer

Postby DennisBergkamp » 02 Sep 2009, 18:27

Ah, those were traces from when I attempted to merge them in. The classes that reference them still have the old stuff in them though.
DennisBergkamp
AI Programmer

Postby zerker2000 » 03 Sep 2009, 02:40

Yes, I saw that already. (I diffed my version and source.rar for all files in diffs.zip)
O forest, hold thy wand'ring son
Though fears assail the door.
O foliage, cloak thy ravaged one
In vestments cut for war.

--Eladamri, the Seed of Freyalise
zerker2000
Programmer

Postby mtgrares » 03 Sep 2009, 18:28

Zip Download - Has all 100 decks from "more decks.zip"

Update Download - This doesn't have all-decks (which stores all of your decks) and questData (which stores your current quest).

Great update. I love seeing all of the cards in my hand. (That is probably the most asked for feature.)
mtgrares
DEVELOPER

Postby hafersvideo » 18 Sep 2009, 18:11

(Sorry if this is the wrong place for these questions)

How do you download pictures now? It won't work with the changes made, and I don't know how to set up the proxy. (I liked the simpler version better.)

I do appreciate the effort to improve on this aspect, however. Has anyone considered other changes, such as a zip file in the downloads section with pictures for the newly added cards? That way we could just copy and paste the pictures we already had to download and just download the few (isn't it usually less than 50 or so?) pictures for the newly added cards? I just get tired of downloading pictures with each new version.

EDIT (with apologies): I found the problem to be that the pictures folder didn't extract to the folder (yet, for some reason the error said it couldn't connect when trying to download), AND I found that after copying the pictures folder from the last version, the download function only had to download the new cards. Boy is my face red. Excellent job guys, well done!
hafersvideo

Postby DennisBergkamp » 18 Sep 2009, 19:02

No problems, glad you figured it out :)
Yes, I like the new download pictures functionality, all credit to Silly Freak!!
DennisBergkamp
AI Programmer

Previous

Return to Forge