It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 13:56

Text Size

Snapshot builds

Moderators: timmermac, Blacksmith, KrazyTheFox, Agetian, friarsol, CCGHQ Admins

Re: Snapshot builds

Postby Drogo » 01 Jan 2021, 16:52

Fregnor wrote:
Drogo wrote:I need some help updating Forge. I got the 1.6.36 a couple months ago, would like to have access to the new sets. I downloaded the 1.37 snapshot from snapshots cardforge org and extracted everything into the forge folder. Nothing has changed, although I see a ton of new files and folders after the extraction. What am I doing wrong?
Do you click on the new forge.exe icon in the new folder or did you create a new shortcut to it? If you clicked on the old forge.exe, then you may have opened the old version of Forge. On my computer, it seems that each new version of Forge exists in parallel, just sharing some assets. So if I had updated ten times, then there would be ten copies of Forge on my computer and I would have to be careful to play the right one.

And once I tried to go back and play the second newest version because of bad bugs in the new release. But it was the worst of both worlds. The new content was no longer present, but some of the new changes had messed up the function of the second newest version.

Some people advise installing the snapshot in a totally different folder than the release version. You could probably get Forge working right for you by installing the snapshot in a new folder as if it was your first time and you did not have Forge on your computer.
I don't see a new exe file. I just tried extracting the snapshot in a completely different folder and it still gives me the old version. The snapshot is from today but when I extract it into a new folder I get the forge exe file dated August when I first downloaded Forge. Very confusing. This is the snapshot I'm using; forge-1.6.37-SNAPSHOT-r217-9fc522f79d.tar. Is that the latest one?
Drogo

Postby Fregnor » 02 Jan 2021, 16:46

Drogo wrote:I don't see a new exe file. I just tried extracting the snapshot in a completely different folder and it still gives me the old version. The snapshot is from today but when I extract it into a new folder I get the forge exe file dated August when I first downloaded Forge. Very confusing. This is the snapshot I'm using; forge-1.6.37-SNAPSHOT-r217-9fc522f79d.tar. Is that the latest one?
There is a new snapshot every day available here: https://downloads.cardforge.org/dailysnapshots/

I do not understand why your snapshot has such a long name. Mine from 12-27-20 is named: forge-gui-desktop-1.6.37-SNAPSHOT.tar. I have a desktop computer.

When I install, I use 7-Zip to extract forge-gui-desktop-1.6.37-SNAPSHOT.tar.bz2 into forge-gui-desktop-1.6.37-SNAPSHOT.tar (a file folder)

Then I have to use 7-Zip to extract forge-gui-desktop-1.6.37-SNAPSHOT.tar (TAR file) into forge-gui-desktop-1.6.37-SNAPSHOT (a file folder)

The file is finally all decompressed and there are 14 items in this folder starting with "res" (file folder) and ending with "sentry.properties" (PROPERTIES File.)

The key to opening the new version of the game I have installed is the sixth item of 14. It is "forge" (Application, exe. file) It has the green circle with the forge logo. This is the one you doubleclick to start the new version of the game. You can delete your old shortcut and create a new shortcut to this one.

I am wondering if in error you tried putting pieces of the new program into folders where the old version resides? (Installing the snapshot is like installing from scratch on a computer that does not have Forge yet.)

I am wondering if you decompressed the multiple times to get down to the menu of 14 items, and clicked on the new forge application icon rather than the old one for the old version of Forge.

I am wondering if you have the right file because the name is longer than the format of the ones I have used and the one available for download today.
Fregnor

Postby Drogo » 03 Jan 2021, 01:18

I must have had the wrong file. I used the one you linked to and it worked fine. Thank you so much for the link.
Drogo

Postby boblol126 » 12 Jan 2021, 07:40

Will there ever be snapshot builds for Mac?
boblol126

Postby Fregnor » 12 Jan 2021, 22:03

Pyroclastic Hellion is supposed to let you return any land you control to to it's owner's hand. But it only allows you to return basic lands.

EDIT: It seems to be an intermittent fault. I got into that situation again and this time it did allow a modal double-faced land to be returned. I do not know what the pattern is.
Fregnor

Postby N-Cat » 13 Jan 2021, 02:14

boblol126 wrote:Will there ever be snapshot builds for Mac?
Snapshots actually work just fine on Mac. I'm on Mac and I regularly download the Snapshots.
Here's how:

• Download the Snapshot build [EDIT: If you don't know how to do this, it's updated to https://downloads.cardforge.org/dailysnapshots/ basically daily. Click the link that says something starting with "forge-gui-desktop"]
  • Unzip the Snapshot build (double click it)
  • Open the Snapshot build folder
  • Find the "forge.sh" file
  • Right click(/control click) it
  • Select Terminal as the application to open with it. (Make sure you select "Always open with" so you don't have to do the whole process each time)

Open the forge.sh file whenever you want to play
N-Cat

Postby jtrowell » 04 Feb 2021, 18:28

Drogo wrote:I must have had the wrong file. I used the one you linked to and it worked fine. Thank you so much for the link.
It's probably because like me you still downloaded your snapshops from the old url at snapshots.cardforge.org, apparently this has not been updated for months and we should now use https://downloads.cardforge.org/dailysnapshots/ instead
jtrowell

Postby Thrint » 12 Feb 2021, 14:08

Just a note: the Kaldheim booster packs are generating too many (snow) lands. Rather than one snow per pack, many in draft and sealed have had multiple snows plus a basic non-snow.
Thrint

Postby sugus » 17 Feb 2021, 11:11

I'm using the last snapshot (1.6.39 from feb 17) and I'm trying out the mutate mechanic. The AI is casting a Lullmage's Domination on my mutated Sea-Dasher Octopus for X=0 and taking it away. It has previously done so with other mutated creatures. I don't know if it's an issue with mutate or with Lullmage's Domination. Image
sugus

Postby Thrint » 19 Feb 2021, 03:35

Another thing, the card art for Starnheim Aspirant is in the KHM folder, but I have yet to see the card in-game. Is it bugged? (I wouldn't suspect it requires anything tricky to code, but I've been wrong before)

Oh, the land issue for KHM draft and sealed has been worked out. Thanks to those applicable!
Thrint

Postby Jobexi » 01 Apr 2021, 04:21

Someone, at some point, fixed Blood of the Martyr so it no longer crashes the game (Thank you!). However, the correct version didn't make it into the snapshots. (Or perhaps the main release, I haven't tested). The version that comes with the snapshots has an incorrectly-named SVar which crashes the game.

The attached file corrects the sVar name, and does not crash the game.
Attachments
blood_of_the_martyr.txt
Corrected SVar Name
(769 Bytes) Downloaded 420 times
Jobexi

Postby gipogipo » 12 Apr 2021, 07:53

Hi! Any ETA for having strixhaven commander on a snapshot? Thanks for all the work you're doing <3
gipogipo

Postby killkong1211 » 02 May 2021, 02:43

Just updated from the 210406 snapshot to 210501u2 last night and it won't show any of my saved decks.
Tried updating again to 210502 this morning and the issue persists.
Moving back to 210406 the issue is no longer present.
Any thoughts on what it might be?
killkong1211

Postby kevlahnota » 02 May 2021, 03:01

killkong1211 wrote:Just updated from the 210406 snapshot to 210501u2 last night and it won't show any of my saved decks.
Tried updating again to 210502 this morning and the issue persists.
Moving back to 210406 the issue is no longer present.
Any thoughts on what it might be?
If you are forge android user, as of forge-android-1.6.41.210501.SNAPSHOTS, Android 11+ users needs to copy the existing Forge folder to the new location. First run Forge and let it download and install necessary files. If Forge is not running (after Android 11 update, white screen bug), disable storage permission and enable storage permission again for Forge. After successful run, exit Forge then copy your existing Forge folder to Android/obb/forge.app (keep the existing Forge folder as a backup).
kevlahnota
Programmer

Postby killkong1211 » 02 May 2021, 11:25

kevlahnota wrote:If you are forge android user, as of forge-android-1.6.41.210501.SNAPSHOTS, Android 11+ users needs to copy the existing Forge folder to the new location. First run Forge and let it download and install necessary files. If Forge is not running (after Android 11 update, white screen bug), disable storage permission and enable storage permission again for Forge. After successful run, exit Forge then copy your existing Forge folder to Android/obb/forge.app (keep the existing Forge folder as a backup).
That's done it, thanks for that
killkong1211

PreviousNext

Return to Forge