It is currently 05 Mar 2021, 14:31

Text Size

Custom Card Thread

Moderators: timmermac, friarsol, Blacksmith, KrazyTheFox, Agetian, CCGHQ Admins

Re: Custom Card Thread

Postby WhiteWeenie » 30 May 2020, 03:59

I remember seeing Monty Python themed cards back in the day. Has anyone ever coded them in?
Attachments
FrenchProvocateur.jpg
Example Monty Python card
WhiteWeenie

Postby squee1968 » 31 May 2020, 00:05

That one can't be done currently. You'd have to make a new keyword similar to the one on Suicidal Charge then combine it with Alluring Siren and Holy Justiciar
squee1968

Postby Northmoc1344 » 05 Jul 2020, 21:53

It might be doable...
Subability PumpAll ValidCards$ Knight with a Condition looking at Targeted?
Northmoc1344

Postby Northmoc1344 » 05 Jul 2020, 22:00

I see because "attacks you"... still might be doable *tinker tinker*
Northmoc1344

Postby Mattz » 25 Jul 2020, 04:24

Hey guys, I've been using Forge for a while, and recently I started making custom cards. I got through couple mechanics pretty easy, but I'm now stucked with a mechanic that I wanted to add to a card regarding to coin flip and dealing damages.
The oracle goes like this:

Flip 5 coins. CARDNAME deals 2 damage to any target for each coin that comes up heads.

I've tried referecing Fiery Gambit:

Flip a coin until you lose a flip or choose to stop flipping. If you lose a flip, Fiery Gambit has no effect. If you win one or more flips, Fiery Gambit deals 3 damage to target creature. If you win two or more flips, Fiery Gambit deals 6 damage to each opponent. If you win three or more flips, draw nine cards and untap all lands you control.
and Ral Zarek's ultimate:

[-7]: Flip five coins. Take an extra turn after this one for each coin that comes up heads.
I came up with something like this

A:AB$ FlipACoin | Cost$ 1 U T | Amount$ 5 | NoCall$ True | HeadsSubAbility$ DBDamage | StackDescription$ Flip a coin. | SpellDescription$ CARDNAME deals 2 damage to any target for each coin that comes up heads.
SVar:DBDamage:DB$ DealDamage | ValidTgts$ Creature,Player,Planeswalker | TgtPrompt$ Select any target | NumDmg$ 2
However, after several attempts I still can't fix a problem where only the dice roll event happens but not the damage part
Can someone help me with this?
Mattz

Postby squee1968 » 25 Jul 2020, 06:41

try this;

A:AB$ FlipACoin | Cost$ 1 U T | Amount$ 5 | NoCall$ True | HeadsSubAbility$ DBRepeat | StackDescription$ Flip a coin.
SVar:DBRepeat:DB$ Repeat | MaxRepeat$ X | RepeatSubAbility$ DBDamage | References$ X | AILogic$ MaxX | StackDescription$ SpellDescription | SpellDescription$ CARDNAME deals 2 damage to any target for each coin that comes up heads.
SVar:DBDamage:DB$ DealDamage | ValidTgts$ Creature,Player,Planeswalker | TgtPrompt$ Select any target | NumDmg$ 2
squee1968

Postby sunsharior » 22 Sep 2020, 22:19

Hello everyone. I'm creating a custom commander right now, but it isn't working and i'm scratching my head as how to do it.

What i want to do is this:
If an opponent would discards a card and has no cards in hand, return target card from your graveyard to your hand instead.

What i wrote is this:
Code: Select all
R:Event$ Discard | ActiveZones$ Battlefield | ValidPlayer$ Player.Opponent | ReplaceWith$ ReturnCard | ConditionCheckSVar$ HandSize | ConditionSVarCompare$ EQ0 | References$ HandSize | Description$ If an opponent would discards a card and has no cards in hand, return target card from your graveyard to your hand instead.
SVar:ReturnCard:DB$ ChangeZone | TgtPrompt$ Choose target card in your graveyard | ValidTgts$ Card.YouCtrl | Origin$ Graveyard | Destination$ Hand | SpellDescription$ Return target card from your graveyard to your hand.
SVar:HandSize:Count$Card.OppCtrl
This is a replacement event that trigger when an opponent attemps to discard, check the number of cards in his hand and replace if its zero. I'm currently wondering if it is even possible to make a conditional replacement effect before the discard occurs? At the moment it doesn't work, and even crash the game with one of my iteration. The full card script is this if you wanna take a look.

Code: Select all
Name:Pharika, God of Disease
ManaCost:3 B G
Types:Legendary Enchantment Creature God
PT:4/4
K:Indestructible
S:Mode$ Continuous | Affected$ Card.Self | RemoveType$ Creature | CheckSVar$ X | SVarCompare$ LT7 | References$ X | Description$ As long as your devotion to black and green is less than seven, CARDNAME isn't a creature.
SVar:X:Count$DevotionDual.Black.Green
SVar:BuffedBy:Permanent.Green,Permanent.Black

R:Event$ Discard | ActiveZones$ Battlefield | ValidPlayer$ Player.Opponent | ReplaceWith$ ReturnCard | ConditionCheckSVar$ HandSize | ConditionSVarCompare$ EQ0 | References$ HandSize | Description$ If an opponent would discards a card and has no cards in hand, return target card from your graveyard to your hand instead.
SVar:ReturnCard:DB$ ChangeZone | TgtPrompt$ Choose target card in your graveyard | ValidTgts$ Card.YouCtrl | Origin$ Graveyard | Destination$ Hand | SpellDescription$ Return target card from your graveyard to your hand.
SVar:HandSize:Count$Card.OppCtrl

T:Mode$ SpellCast | ValidCard$ Card | ValidActivatingPlayer$ Opponent | TriggerZones$ Battlefield | Execute$ TrigDiscard | TriggerDescription$ Whenever an opponent casts a spell, that player discards a card.
SVar:TrigDiscard:DB$Discard | Defined$ TriggeredActivator | NumCards$ 1 | Mode$ TgtChoose
AI:RemoveDeck:Random

Oracle:Indestructible\nAs long as your devotion to black and green is less than seven, Pharika isn't a creature.\nIf an opponent would discards a card and has no cards in hand, return target card from your graveyard to your hand instead.\nWhenever an opponent casts a spell, that player discards a card.
Rest of the card work fine. Expected result is if an opponent would discard one or more cards but have less than the required number in their hand, i return the difference from my graveyard to my hand. Example: I cast Unnerve in a duel game. Opponent have 1 card in hand. Result he discard one card, and i return one card.

If someone more knowledgeable than me could help me figure my error, i would greatly appreciate it.
Thank you and have a nice day.
sunsharior

Previous

Return to Forge