It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 20:09

Text Size

Custom Card Thread

Moderators: timmermac, Blacksmith, KrazyTheFox, Agetian, friarsol, CCGHQ Admins

Re: Custom Card Thread

Postby edessa » 19 Jul 2016, 21:08

I decided to remove the reusable ability for the tribal instants spells of my set. I believe it will be better this way. Opinions?
edessa

Postby correioalternativo » 20 Jul 2016, 10:46

edessa wrote:I decided to remove the reusable ability for the tribal instants spells of my set. I believe it will be better this way. Opinions?
I think send the card to the bottom of your library is fine, it is not so easy get it back from there.
correioalternativo

Postby aquilla » 21 Jul 2016, 12:56

edessa wrote:I decided to remove the reusable ability for the tribal instants spells of my set. I believe it will be better this way. Opinions?
I think it's a good choice unless there are interactions. That kind of effect makes you wonder what you can do it with it
aquilla

Postby aquilla » 21 Jul 2016, 14:57

So here's some of my latest bugs ^_^

Divergence: An enchant creature card with Whenever enchanted creature attacks, put an enchantment copy of it onto the battlefield tapped and attacking. Exile the copy at the beginning of the end step.

Since copypermanent did not appear to allow the tapped and attacking option, which creating ordinary tokens allows, I took this approach: Create a token that's a copy, ChangeZone to the same zone and make it tapped and attacking. The problem here is that it triggers ETB effects twice. Is there any way around this or is there a better method?

Name:Divergence
ManaCost:2 U
Types:Enchantment Aura
K:Enchant creature
A:SP$ Attach | Cost$ 2 U | ValidTgts$ Creature | AILogic$ Pump

T:Mode$ Attacks | ValidCard$ Creature.EnchantedBy | Execute$ TrigCopy | TriggerDescription$ Whenever enchanted creature attacks, put an enchantment copy of it onto the battlefield tapped and attacking. Exile the copy at the beginning of the end step.
SVar:TrigCopy:AB$ CopyPermanent | Cost$ 0 | Defined$ TriggeredAttacker | NumCopies$ 1 | RememberCopied$ True | AtEOT$ Exile | AddTypes$ Enchantment | SubAbility$ DBChange
SVar:DBChange:DB$ ChangeZone | Origin$ Battlefield | Destination$ Battlefield | Defined$ Remembered | Tapped$ True | Attacking$ True | SubAbility$ DBCleanup
SVar:DBCleanup:DB$ Cleanup | ClearRemembered$ True

SVar:PlayMain1:TRUE
Oracle:Enchant creature\nWhenever enchanted creature attacks, put an enchantment copy of it onto the battlefield tapped and attacking. Exile the copy at the beginning of the end step.
Kari, Heir to Havoc: A card that gives other nonenchantment creatures -2/-2. PT is equal to the number of creature cards in all graveyard. When you play this without creature cards in all graveyards, it will die even if the -2/-2 effect will kill another creature. I think this is not according to mtg rules, since both are state based effects. Could it be a bug in the engine?

Code: Select all
Name:Kari, Heir to Havoc
ManaCost:3 B B B
Types:Legendary Enchantment Creature Fable
PT:*/*
S:Mode$ Continuous | Affected$ Creature.nonEnchantment | AddPower$ -2 | AddToughness$ -2 | IsCurse$ True | Description$ Nonenchantment creatures get -2/-2.
S:Mode$ Continuous | EffectZone$ All | CharacteristicDefining$ True | SetPower$ X | SetToughness$ X | Description$ CARDNAME's power and toughness are each equal to the number of creature cards in all graveyards.
SVar:X:Count$ValidGraveyard Creature
Oracle:Nonenchantment creatures get -2/-2.\nKari, Heir to Havoc's power and toughness are each equal to the number of creature cards in all graveyards.
Putrid Belief: I've had some problems with cost reductions. This one I can't seem to solve. It should cost 1 less for each card in an opponent's hand. I'm doing something wrong with X but I can't figure out what

Name:Putrid Belief
ManaCost:5 B B
Types:Sorcery
A:SP$ Discard | Cost$ 5 B B | ValidTgts$ Player | NumCards$ 2 | Mode$ TgtChoose | SpellDescription$ Target player discards two cards.
S:Mode$ ReduceCost | ValidCard$ Card.Self | Type$ Spell | Activator$ You | Amount$ X | References$ X | EffectZone$ All | Description$ CARDNAME costs {1} less to cast for each card in an opponent's hand.
SVar:X:PlayerCountOpponents$HighestValid CardsInHand
Oracle:Putrid Belief costs {1} less to cast for each card in an opponent's hand.\nTarget player discards two cards.
How do you end an effect nicely? I have two more cards here which I can't seem to properly cancel the effect for. Mutate should last as long as it enchants the creature. And the Haunting Banshee is from before but I still can't seem to fix it. The effect should end when it leaves your graveyard.

Name:Mutate
ManaCost:G G
Types:Enchantment Aura
K:Enchant creature
A:SP$ Attach | Cost$ G G | ValidTgts$ Creature | AILogic$ Pump | RememberTargets$ True

T:Mode$ ChangesZone | Origin$ Any | Destination$ Battlefield | ValidCard$ Card.Self | Execute$ DBMutate | TriggerDescription$ When CARDNAME enters the battlefield, choose a nonlegendary creature on the battlefield other than enchanted creature.
SVar:DBMutate:AB$ Clone | Cost$ 0 | ValidTgts$ Creature.nonLegendary+NotEnchantedBy | TgtPrompt$ Select target creature to copy | Mandatory$ True | CloneTarget$ Enchanted | ConditionPresent$ Card.Self | UntilHostLeavesPlay$ Card.Self | SubAbility$ DBCleanup
SVar:DBCleanup:DB$ Cleanup | ClearRemembered$ True

S:Mode$ Continuous | Affected$ Creature.EnchantedBy | AddPower$ 1 | AddToughness$ 1 | Description$ Enchanted creature gets +1/+1 and is a copy of the chosen creature.

Oracle:Enchant creature\nWhen Mutate enters the battlefield, choose a nonlegendary creature on the battlefield other than enchanted creature.\nEnchanted creature gets +1/+1 and is a copy of the chosen creature.
Name:Haunting Banshee
ManaCost:2/B 2/B 2/B
Types:Enchantment Creature Spirit
PT:2/2
T:Mode$ ChangesZone | Origin$ Battlefield | Destination$ Graveyard | ValidCard$ Card.Self | Execute$ TrigSteal | TriggerDescription$ When CARDNAME dies, gain control of target creature an opponent controls for as long as CARDNAME remains in your graveyard.
SVar:TrigSteal:AB$ GainControl | Cost$ 0 | ValidTgts$ Creature.OppCtrl | TgtPrompt$ Choose target creature an opponent controls | RememberObjects$ Card.Self | LoseControl$ StaticCommandCheck | StaticCommandCheckSVar$ X | StaticCommandSVarCompare$ EQ0 | SpellDescription$ Gain control of target creature an opponent controls for as long as CARDNAME remains in your graveyard.
SVar:X:Remembered$Valid Card.inZoneGraveyard
Oracle:When Haunting Banshee dies, gain control of target creature an opponent controls for as long as Haunting Banshee remains in your graveyard.
Help appreciated :) I would also like to know if anyone would like to test the set :)
aquilla

Postby timmermac » 21 Jul 2016, 17:51

With Kari, if you cast it when there are no creatures in any graveyards, it should insta-die. It would be entering the battlefield as a 0/0, so it's "everything else gets -2/-2" won't have time to take effect.
"I just woke up, haven't had coffee, let alone a pee in 7 days, and I find out you stole my ass and made a ...mini-me! Carter, I should be irked currently, yes?" - Jack O'Neill
timmermac
Tester

Postby aquilla » 30 Jul 2016, 15:10

timmermac: ok, thanks

If anyone would like to test my set out, I attached an alpha version of it below along with some sample preconstructed decks. Let me know what you think :)
Attachments
res.rar
card codes + set file
(107.45 KiB) Downloaded 390 times
decks.rar
some sample decks
(1.71 KiB) Downloaded 445 times
aquilla

Postby correioalternativo » 30 Jul 2016, 20:52

aquilla wrote:timmermac: ok, thanks

If anyone would like to test my set out, I attached an alpha version of it below along with some sample preconstructed decks. Let me know what you think :)
No pics?
correioalternativo

Postby edessa » 06 Aug 2016, 01:15

Hi everyone. Here you have the set South Arden. I hope you like it. Please if any card is wrong scripted or any suggestion you may have, pleas be welcome to tell.
Attachments
South Arden - Main Set.rar
(37.36 MiB) Downloaded 512 times
edessa

Postby correioalternativo » 06 Aug 2016, 05:33

edessa wrote:Hi everyone. Here you have the set South Arden. I hope you like it. Please if any card is wrong scripted or any suggestion you may have, pleas be welcome to tell.
=D>
correioalternativo

Postby l33t3rth4nur1111 » 06 Aug 2016, 21:26

Does Forge support copy a spell or ability without the ability to choose new targets for the copy? I don't know if any published cards exhibit this behavior.
l33t3rth4nur1111

Postby edessa » 20 Aug 2016, 04:35

What about implementing a new color? working with the MSE i found the option of additional colors, it is possible to implement a new color in Forge as custom cards?
edessa

Postby squee1968 » 20 Aug 2016, 07:31

edessa wrote:What about implementing a new color? working with the MSE i found the option of additional colors, it is possible to implement a new color in Forge as custom cards?
I have an idea for a new color. Purple would be used to make spells and abilities harder to cast (and so could be made to be more powerful) by making it mana that can only be made by having an effect like Birds of Paradise or City of Brass give you one mana of any color. As long as the conditions are met, you could even have Sliver Hive, Cavern of Souls (and similar) as well.
squee1968

Postby edessa » 20 Aug 2016, 18:52

squee1968 wrote:
edessa wrote:What about implementing a new color? working with the MSE i found the option of additional colors, it is possible to implement a new color in Forge as custom cards?
I have an idea for a new color. Purple would be used to make spells and abilities harder to cast (and so could be made to be more powerful) by making it mana that can only be made by having an effect like Birds of Paradise or City of Brass give you one mana of any color. As long as the conditions are met, you could even have Sliver Hive, Cavern of Souls (and similar) as well.
I have similar ideas but my question was in how implement it and script it in forge to make it usable since my efforts to implement purple for example have ended in crashes.
edessa

Postby edessa » 24 Aug 2016, 19:36

No answers about my question of implementing new colors for custom cards? Any programmer please?
edessa

Postby friarsol » 24 Aug 2016, 20:40

edessa wrote:No answers about my question of implementing new colors for custom cards? Any programmer please?
We typically don't add things just for custom cards. Something as huge and widespread as an extra color I don't really see how that would even logistically work.
friarsol
Global Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Forge