It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 17:54

Text Size

Custom Card Thread

Moderators: timmermac, Blacksmith, KrazyTheFox, Agetian, friarsol, CCGHQ Admins

Re: Custom Card Thread

Postby correioalternativo » 09 Apr 2016, 03:18

edessa wrote:As always your opinions are useful. Thanks to all.
Negation Rite: add "you draw a card".
Mystic Temple: annoying :lol:. Add " {T} : add {1} to your mana pool ".
Leonin Temple: it is weak if compared to your other lands. Give 5 life.
Potence (or Potency?) Crystal: dangerous, it is too cheap to copy any spell at any time.
correioalternativo

Postby Athanasios » 10 Apr 2016, 20:59

If someone could shine some light on this, that would be very appreciated - I'm trying to do an effect along these lines:
"Put two tokens onto the battlefield.
If you control at least one permanent and all permanents you control share a color with this card, put four tokens onto the battlefield instead." -
Much like Spell Mastery, though there are no spell mastery cards that are close enough (for my expertise) to mirror successfully onto a card.

Additionally, I tried to use Predator's Howl, but the Count$ simply say "Count$Morbid.3.1" - Where are ability words defined for the game?

I also happened upon a rather old card - Zealots en-Dal - though attempts to use it in my scripting has been less than successful.
Athanasios

Postby amuseum » 10 Apr 2016, 23:55

Name:Water Whirled
ManaCost:1 U
Types:Sorcery Arcane
A:SP$ ChangeZone | Cost$ 1 U Return<1/Creature.YouCtrl.powerGEX> | TargetMin$ 0 | TargetMax$ MaxTgts | Origin$ Battlefield | Destination$ Hand | ValidTgts$ Creature | TgtPrompt$ Select target creature | References$ X,MaxTgts | SpellDescription$ Return X target creatures to their owners' hands.
SVar:X:Targeted$Amount
SVar:MaxTgts:Count$Valid Creature
SVar:RemAIDeck:True
Oracle:As additional cost to cast Water Whirled, return a creature you control with power equal to or greater than X to its owner's hands.\nReturn X target creatures to their owners' hands.

The only problem is Forge doesn't seem to check the power of the creature that's part of the additional cost. You can return any creature you control.

cf. AEther Tide
amuseum

Postby friarsol » 11 Apr 2016, 02:58

amuseum wrote:Return<1/Creature.YouCtrl.powerGEX>

The only problem is Forge doesn't seem to check the power of the creature that's part of the additional cost. You can return any creature you control.
This part of the script is wrong, it should be: Creature.YouCtrl+powerGEX
friarsol
Global Moderator

Postby edessa » 11 Apr 2016, 05:29

Suggestions noted. Next 20 cards.
Attachments
Savage Warmonger.full.jpg
Savage Scream.full.jpg
Savage Ogre.full.jpg
Savage Highpeaks.full.jpg
Savage Butcher.full.jpg
Sacrifice Citadel.full.jpg
Rune Explosion.full.jpg
Rune Destruction.full.jpg
Riverfolk Warrior.full.jpg
Rune Chamber Ruins.full.jpg
edessa

Postby edessa » 11 Apr 2016, 05:32

Waiting for suggestions. Thanks to all.
Attachments
Solid Warhammer.full.jpg
Silversteel Medallion.full.jpg
Silence Trap.full.jpg
Shadowcry Shieldbearer.full.jpg
Shadowcry Hunter.full.jpg
Shadowcry Fighter.full.jpg
Shadow Veil.full.jpg
Shadowcry Warchief.full.jpg
Sephir Honored Kha.full.jpg
Sayani Blind Shaman.full.jpg
edessa

Postby Marek14 » 11 Apr 2016, 06:16

Athanasios wrote:If someone could shine some light on this, that would be very appreciated - I'm trying to do an effect along these lines:
If you control at least one permanent and all permanents you control share a color with this card, put four tokens onto the battlefield instead."
That won't work the way you want unless you specify NONLAND permanents.
Marek14
Tester

Postby Athanasios » 11 Apr 2016, 11:40

Marek14 wrote:
Athanasios wrote:If someone could shine some light on this, that would be very appreciated - I'm trying to do an effect along these lines:
If you control at least one permanent and all permanents you control share a color with this card, put four tokens onto the battlefield instead."
That won't work the way you want unless you specify NONLAND permanents.
Ah, good point.
I'm still not sure how to make it work in the first place, though :p
Athanasios

Postby friarsol » 11 Apr 2016, 13:56

Athanasios wrote:I'm still not sure how to make it work in the first place, though :p
I'd typically recommend two conditionals, one checking the "false" part of the conditional (2 tokens) and one checking the true part (4 tokens), but your check is kinda awkward and complex. For 2 tokens, you need to either have 0 nonland permanents or at least 1 nonland permanent that doesn't match in color. Forge's conditional system isn't great at handling ors, it's more of an "and" system. "Does it pass this conditional and this conditional and this conditional..."

So for that case I'd recommend just a 2 token ability, chained into a conditional 2 token ability.

Code: Select all
A:SP$ Token | Cost$ 3 G | TokenAmount$ 2 | TokenName$ Wolf | TokenTypes$ Creature,Wolf | TokenColors$ Green | TokenPower$ 2 | TokenToughness$ 2 | TokenOwner$ You | SubAbility$ DBColorCheck | SpellDescription$ Put 2 2/2 green Wolf creature token onto the battlefield. If you control at least one nonland permanent and all nonland permanents you control share a color with CARDNAME, put 4 tokens in play instead.
SVar:DBColorCheck:DB$ Token | TokenAmount$ 2 | TokenName$ Wolf | TokenTypes$ Creature,Wolf | TokenColors$ Green | TokenPower$ 2 | TokenToughness$ 2 | TokenOwner$ You | ConditionPresent$ Permanent.nonLand+YouCtrl | ConditionCompare$ GE1 | ConditionCheckSVar$ X | ConditionCheckSVar$ EQ0
SVar:X:Count$Valid Permanent.nonLand/Minus.Y
SVar:Y:Count$Valid Permanent.nonLand+SharesColorWith
Alternatively, you can take the second effect wholesale, add a "RememberTokens" parameter, and then have the first effect with a conditional if 0 cards have been remembered. (And then cleanup the remembered mapping). Which would give you the same net result.
friarsol
Global Moderator

Postby Athanasios » 11 Apr 2016, 16:28

friarsol wrote:I'd typically recommend two conditionals, one checking the "false" part of the conditional (2 tokens) and one checking the true part (4 tokens), but your check is kinda awkward and complex. For 2 tokens, you need to either have 0 nonland permanents or at least 1 nonland permanent that doesn't match in color. Forge's conditional system isn't great at handling ors, it's more of an "and" system. "Does it pass this conditional and this conditional and this conditional..."

So for that case I'd recommend just a 2 token ability, chained into a conditional 2 token ability.

Alternatively, you can take the second effect wholesale, add a "RememberTokens" parameter, and then have the first effect with a conditional if 0 cards have been remembered. (And then cleanup the remembered mapping). Which would give you the same net result.
I fiddled around with the code you gave me, but I can't seem make it work - It spawns two tokens no matter what, tried a dozen of different scenarios, and I'm quite unsure where to go from here - I checked the code for errors several times, but whatever is disrupting the process remains uncovered
Athanasios

Postby amuseum » 12 Apr 2016, 02:41

friarsol wrote:
amuseum wrote:Return<1/Creature.YouCtrl.powerGEX>

This part of the script is wrong, it should be: Creature.YouCtrl+powerGEX
I tried that too. I even tried just Creature.powerGEX, but the game doesn't seem to make the check as part of the cost requirement.
amuseum

Postby friarsol » 12 Apr 2016, 03:15

amuseum wrote:I tried that too. I even tried just Creature.powerGEX, but the game doesn't seem to make the check as part of the cost requirement.
Certain things aren't available in the costs, but .property.property is definitely invalid syntax.
friarsol
Global Moderator

Postby edessa » 12 Apr 2016, 05:22

Final 20 cards. I will wait your suggestions, thanks.
Attachments
Two-Head Bully.full.jpg
Tundra Marauder.full.jpg
Troll Lair.full.jpg
Transportation Gate.full.jpg
Tranos the Runemarked.full.jpg
Throwing Axes.full.jpg
Striped Monk.full.jpg
Spear of the Honored.full.jpg
South Arden.full.jpg
Sorrow Vengeance.full.jpg
edessa

Postby edessa » 12 Apr 2016, 05:27

At this time my fourth set is 100% spoiled and 35% scripted. I believe that at the end of the week I will upload it. Thanks to all.
Attachments
Wolf-Rider Orc.full.jpg
Whitemane Knight.full.jpg
Whitefang Warrior.full.jpg
Water Calm.full.jpg
Water Blast.full.jpg
War Visions.full.jpg
War Predictions.full.jpg
Voodoo Sacrifice.full.jpg
Voodoo Rejuvenation.full.jpg
Underground Entrance.full.jpg
edessa

Postby correioalternativo » 13 Apr 2016, 02:09

edessa wrote:At this time my fourth set is 100% spoiled and 35% scripted. I believe that at the end of the week I will upload it. Thanks to all.
Savage Butcher: useful.
Rune Destruction: change the card to "choose one or more:".
Silversteel Medallion: remove "tapped".
Tundra Marauder: this card make me see Unity is similar to Landfall, e.g. Grazing Gladehart. Creaturefall :lol:
Transportation Gate: interesting.
Whitefang Warrior: I like regeneration for no mana, e.g. Mischievous Poltergeist. For combo purposes, write a card "whenever a permanent regenerates, you gain 2 life".
Water Blast: the name, the pic and the effect are blue.
Underground Entrance: I remember these dual lands, they are very good.
correioalternativo

PreviousNext

Return to Forge