It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 05:29

Text Size

Custom Card Thread

Moderators: timmermac, Blacksmith, KrazyTheFox, Agetian, friarsol, CCGHQ Admins

Re: Custom Card Thread

Postby edessa » 13 Apr 2016, 02:14

correioalternativo wrote:
edessa wrote:At this time my fourth set is 100% spoiled and 35% scripted. I believe that at the end of the week I will upload it. Thanks to all.
Savage Butcher: useful.
Rune Destruction: change the card to "choose one or more:".
Silversteel Medallion: remove "tapped".
Tundra Marauder: this card make me see Unity is similar to Landfall, e.g. Grazing Gladehart. Creaturefall :lol:
Transportation Gate: interesting.
Whitefang Warrior: I like regeneration for no mana, e.g. Mischievous Poltergeist. For combo purposes, write a card "whenever a permanent regenerates, you gain 2 life".
Water Blast: the name, the pic and the effect are blue.
Underground Entrance: I remember these dual lands, they are very good.
You are right about Water Blast, I want to change it to fit white, but I still didn'd find some other option. Thanks for your help.
edessa

Postby correioalternativo » 14 Apr 2016, 02:07

edessa wrote:You are right about Water Blast, I want to change it to fit white, but I still didn'd find some other option. Thanks for your help.
Name:
White Blast
Light Blast
Sun Blast
Dawn Blast

Effect:
Creatures cannot attack for next X turns.
Opponent cannot play spells or attack for next X turns.
You gain 2X life at the beginning of your upkeep for next X turns.

Maybe these suggestions help you.
correioalternativo

Postby amuseum » 15 Apr 2016, 23:57

Name:Elf Druid
ManaCost:3 G
Types:Creature Elf Druid
PT:1/1
A:AB$ Pump | Cost$ 3 G T | ValidTgts$ Creature | TgtPrompt$ Select target creature | KW$ Respawn | SpellDescription$ Target creature gains respawn until end of turn.
Oracle:{3}{G}, {T}: Target creature gains respawn until end of turn. (When that creature dies, manifest the top card of your library. To manifest a card, put it onto the battlefield face down as a 2/2 creature. Turn it face up any time for its mana cost if it's a creature card.)

Respawn has been coded in Java and triggers successfully when I put the keyword explicitly on new cards. This card grants the new keyword to other creatures, and the keyword shows up on the card in the game. However it never triggers when the creature dies. How do I get the code to work for abilities that grant new keywords to other cards?
amuseum

Postby friarsol » 16 Apr 2016, 01:25

amuseum wrote:Respawn has been coded in Java and triggers successfully when I put the keyword explicitly on new cards. This card grants the new keyword to other creatures, and the keyword shows up on the card in the game. However it never triggers when the creature dies. How do I get the code to work for abilities that grant new keywords to other cards?
Without seeing how you coded I can't tell you 100%, but I'm guessing it's because the Keyword is being parsed when the card script loads, which happens once at the beginning of things. Whereas a pumped keyword would never go through such parsing. You could pump the trigger itself.

Additionally, FYI, we don't commit java code for custom keywords, just because it could cause issues with future coding down the line. As long as you are aware of this and aren't expecting distribution that requires Java code for customization.
friarsol
Global Moderator

Postby edessa » 20 Apr 2016, 04:11

Finally I've been able to upload my latest set. Tribes of Arden 4. I Hope you like it.

***Sorry, I did not notice that some cards had script errors, I've correct the ones I've found. Also corrected the image of "Brutality". Thanks to all.***
Attachments
Tribes of Arden - Part 4.rar
(10.79 MiB) Downloaded 309 times
Last edited by edessa on 21 Apr 2016, 01:06, edited 2 times in total.
edessa

Postby correioalternativo » 20 Apr 2016, 05:13

edessa wrote:Finally I've been able to upload my latest set. Tribes of Arden 4. I Hope you like it.
=D>

Brutality: missing preposition: 4 damage "to" all players.
correioalternativo

Postby edessa » 21 Apr 2016, 01:08

I hope the latest set likes you. I'm going to work now in the last part of Arden History, and Tribes of Arden 5. I will upload spoilers for your suggestions. Thanks to all.
edessa

Postby amuseum » 22 Apr 2016, 18:54

friarsol wrote:
amuseum wrote:Respawn has been coded in Java and triggers successfully when I put the keyword explicitly on new cards. This card grants the new keyword to other creatures, and the keyword shows up on the card in the game. However it never triggers when the creature dies. How do I get the code to work for abilities that grant new keywords to other cards?
Without seeing how you coded I can't tell you 100%, but I'm guessing it's because the Keyword is being parsed when the card script loads, which happens once at the beginning of things. Whereas a pumped keyword would never go through such parsing. You could pump the trigger itself.
Then how does it work for other keywords that get granted with the same AbilityFactory? That's what we want to know. Which files and functions do we modify? Obviously one doesn't spell out the triggers for other keywords, especially complicated ones like persist.
amuseum

Postby edessa » 26 Apr 2016, 04:13

Hi. I'm currently working on my Tribes of Arden 5. And I was in the pic searching process. And so I've found the Draenei from WWC. And I find them interesting. What are your feelings about including them into my future sets?
edessa

Postby gabrielmr » 27 Apr 2016, 14:19

Can someone help me script those cards, or teach me how to do it, because I'm noob in scripting and I can't script some detailed cards.

Thanks.

Code: Select all
Morph {3}
When Tusken Warrior is turned face-up, place a 2/2 red Tusken Raider token onto the battlefield.
When Tusken Warrior is turned face-up, place 2 +1/+1 counters on target creature.
Enforced Anger deals four damage to target creature or player. If that creature is white, you gain life equal to it's power.
Haste
Whenever Amaranth Ascetic deals damage to a player, that player exiles an instant from his or
her hand.
{x}{r}, {t}: Copy target instant exiled with Amaranth Ascetic with converted mana cost X or less. You may cast the copy without paying its mana cost.
Haste
Enlighten 2 (Whenever you cast an instant or sorcery, put two enlightenment counters on Maju, the Red Mage)
{2}{r} , {t}: For every four enlightenment counters on Maju, the Red Mage, deal 3 damage divided as you choose between any number of target creatures.
Haste
{t}, Discard a card: Molly, Converter of Power deals damage to target creature or player equal to that card's converted mana cost.
Instant and sorcery cards in your graveyard have flashback. The flashback cost is equal to its mana cost.
gabrielmr

Postby correioalternativo » 27 Apr 2016, 23:39

edessa wrote:Hi. I'm currently working on my Tribes of Arden 5. And I was in the pic searching process. And so I've found the Draenei from WWC. And I find them interesting. What are your feelings about including them into my future sets?
Personally I would not use, but I am sure you will do a good job with them.
correioalternativo

Postby correioalternativo » 27 May 2016, 20:19

edessa wrote:
Are you okay?
correioalternativo

Postby aquilla » 08 Jul 2016, 14:14

edessa wrote:Finally I've been able to upload my latest set. Tribes of Arden 4. I Hope you like it.

***Sorry, I did not notice that some cards had script errors, I've correct the ones I've found. Also corrected the image of "Brutality". Thanks to all.***
Sorry for the nub question, but how would I test for example this set? I have "forge-gui-desktop-1.5.53" and the file structure is fairly different. What do I need to get it running?

Edit: I guess I asked prematurely, got it working by unpacking cardsfolder.zip and putting the card scripts in the appropriate folder
aquilla

Postby edessa » 08 Jul 2016, 18:31

In every upload I add the files needed. The images, scripts and the edition file, you just have to move it to the right folder. I hope you like them.
edessa

Postby aquilla » 10 Jul 2016, 03:56

edessa wrote:In every upload I add the files needed. The images, scripts and the edition file, you just have to move it to the right folder. I hope you like them.
Yes, thanks! They also made me realise how simple it is to add new cards when you have a whole database of already existing ones! I've started adding my set now :)

Though things are working out beyond expectations, I have run into some problems. Perhaps someone here has a helping hand?

How do I define new "protections"? Eg protection from nonwhite, or nonenchantment. Example card:
Name:Absolute Insight
ManaCost:W
Types:Instant
A:SP$ Protection | Cost$ W | ValidTgts$ Creature | TgtPrompt$ Select target creature | Gains$ nonEnchantment | SpellDescription$ Target creature gains protection from nonenchantment until end of turn.
SVar:RemAIDeck:True
Oracle:Target creature gains protection from nonenchantment until end of turn.
I have a spell that gains you 4 life, then if you 10 life or less, you draw two cards. I've gotten it to work but the trigger always says "Human draws 2 cards", even when I don't. I had one version of it earlier where it would say "Human draws 0 cards". Anyway... Is there a simple fix for this?

Name:Kiss of Hope
ManaCost:1 W
Types:Sorcery
A:SP$ GainLife | Cost$ 1 W | LifeAmount$ 4 | SubAbility$ SubDraw | SpellDescription$ You gain 4 life. Then, if you have 10 life or less, draw two cards.
SVar:SubDraw:DB$ Draw | Cost$ 0 | Defined$ You | NumCards$ 2 | ConditionCheckSVar$ X | ConditionSVarCompare$ LE10
SVar:X:Count$YourLifeTotal
Oracle:You gain 4 life. Then, if you have 10 life or less, draw two cards.
Does the reduce cost function work on 2/X costed cards? The following card can't reduce those cards, but works on other cards

Name:Truthseeker
ManaCost:1 G
Types:Enchantment Creature Shaman
PT:1/3
K:ETBReplacement:Other:DBNameCard
SVar:DBNameCard:DB$ NameCard | Defined$ You | ValidCards$ Card.nonLand | ValidDesc$ nonland | SpellDescription$ As CARDNAME enters the battlefield, name a nonland card.
S:Mode$ ReduceCost | ValidCard$ Card.NamedCard | Type$ Spell | Activator$ You | Amount$ 2 | EffectZone$ All | Description$ The named card costs {2} less to cast.
SVar:RemRandomDeck:True
Oracle:As Truthseeker enters the battlefield, name a nonland card.\nThe named card costs {2} less to cast.
I have a couple more but I'll see if someone has any pointers on these first :)

A more general question: Who is "You"? The human player? Controller/owner of the card?

Anyway, I've had fun :)
aquilla

PreviousNext

Return to Forge