It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 15:48

Text Size

Custom Card Thread

Moderators: timmermac, Blacksmith, KrazyTheFox, Agetian, friarsol, CCGHQ Admins

Re: Custom Card Thread

Postby WhiteWeenie » 30 May 2020, 03:59

I remember seeing Monty Python themed cards back in the day. Has anyone ever coded them in?
Attachments
FrenchProvocateur.jpg
Example Monty Python card
WhiteWeenie

Postby squee1968 » 31 May 2020, 00:05

That one can't be done currently. You'd have to make a new keyword similar to the one on Suicidal Charge then combine it with Alluring Siren and Holy Justiciar
squee1968

Postby Northmoc1344 » 05 Jul 2020, 21:53

It might be doable...
Subability PumpAll ValidCards$ Knight with a Condition looking at Targeted?
Northmoc1344

Postby Northmoc1344 » 05 Jul 2020, 22:00

I see because "attacks you"... still might be doable *tinker tinker*
Northmoc1344

Postby Mattz » 25 Jul 2020, 04:24

Hey guys, I've been using Forge for a while, and recently I started making custom cards. I got through couple mechanics pretty easy, but I'm now stucked with a mechanic that I wanted to add to a card regarding to coin flip and dealing damages.
The oracle goes like this:

Flip 5 coins. CARDNAME deals 2 damage to any target for each coin that comes up heads.

I've tried referecing Fiery Gambit:

Flip a coin until you lose a flip or choose to stop flipping. If you lose a flip, Fiery Gambit has no effect. If you win one or more flips, Fiery Gambit deals 3 damage to target creature. If you win two or more flips, Fiery Gambit deals 6 damage to each opponent. If you win three or more flips, draw nine cards and untap all lands you control.
and Ral Zarek's ultimate:

[-7]: Flip five coins. Take an extra turn after this one for each coin that comes up heads.
I came up with something like this

A:AB$ FlipACoin | Cost$ 1 U T | Amount$ 5 | NoCall$ True | HeadsSubAbility$ DBDamage | StackDescription$ Flip a coin. | SpellDescription$ CARDNAME deals 2 damage to any target for each coin that comes up heads.
SVar:DBDamage:DB$ DealDamage | ValidTgts$ Creature,Player,Planeswalker | TgtPrompt$ Select any target | NumDmg$ 2
However, after several attempts I still can't fix a problem where only the dice roll event happens but not the damage part
Can someone help me with this?
Mattz

Postby squee1968 » 25 Jul 2020, 06:41

try this;

A:AB$ FlipACoin | Cost$ 1 U T | Amount$ 5 | NoCall$ True | HeadsSubAbility$ DBRepeat | StackDescription$ Flip a coin.
SVar:DBRepeat:DB$ Repeat | MaxRepeat$ X | RepeatSubAbility$ DBDamage | References$ X | AILogic$ MaxX | StackDescription$ SpellDescription | SpellDescription$ CARDNAME deals 2 damage to any target for each coin that comes up heads.
SVar:DBDamage:DB$ DealDamage | ValidTgts$ Creature,Player,Planeswalker | TgtPrompt$ Select any target | NumDmg$ 2
squee1968

Postby sunsharior » 22 Sep 2020, 22:19

Hello everyone. I'm creating a custom commander right now, but it isn't working and i'm scratching my head as how to do it.

What i want to do is this:
If an opponent would discards a card and has no cards in hand, return target card from your graveyard to your hand instead.

What i wrote is this:
Code: Select all
R:Event$ Discard | ActiveZones$ Battlefield | ValidPlayer$ Player.Opponent | ReplaceWith$ ReturnCard | ConditionCheckSVar$ HandSize | ConditionSVarCompare$ EQ0 | References$ HandSize | Description$ If an opponent would discards a card and has no cards in hand, return target card from your graveyard to your hand instead.
SVar:ReturnCard:DB$ ChangeZone | TgtPrompt$ Choose target card in your graveyard | ValidTgts$ Card.YouCtrl | Origin$ Graveyard | Destination$ Hand | SpellDescription$ Return target card from your graveyard to your hand.
SVar:HandSize:Count$Card.OppCtrl
This is a replacement event that trigger when an opponent attemps to discard, check the number of cards in his hand and replace if its zero. I'm currently wondering if it is even possible to make a conditional replacement effect before the discard occurs? At the moment it doesn't work, and even crash the game with one of my iteration. The full card script is this if you wanna take a look.

Name:Pharika, God of Disease
ManaCost:3 B G
Types:Legendary Enchantment Creature God
PT:4/4
K:Indestructible
S:Mode$ Continuous | Affected$ Card.Self | RemoveType$ Creature | CheckSVar$ X | SVarCompare$ LT7 | References$ X | Description$ As long as your devotion to black and green is less than seven, CARDNAME isn't a creature.
SVar:X:Count$DevotionDual.Black.Green
SVar:BuffedBy:Permanent.Green,Permanent.Black

R:Event$ Discard | ActiveZones$ Battlefield | ValidPlayer$ Player.Opponent | ReplaceWith$ ReturnCard | ConditionCheckSVar$ HandSize | ConditionSVarCompare$ EQ0 | References$ HandSize | Description$ If an opponent would discards a card and has no cards in hand, return target card from your graveyard to your hand instead.
SVar:ReturnCard:DB$ ChangeZone | TgtPrompt$ Choose target card in your graveyard | ValidTgts$ Card.YouCtrl | Origin$ Graveyard | Destination$ Hand | SpellDescription$ Return target card from your graveyard to your hand.
SVar:HandSize:Count$Card.OppCtrl

T:Mode$ SpellCast | ValidCard$ Card | ValidActivatingPlayer$ Opponent | TriggerZones$ Battlefield | Execute$ TrigDiscard | TriggerDescription$ Whenever an opponent casts a spell, that player discards a card.
SVar:TrigDiscard:DB$Discard | Defined$ TriggeredActivator | NumCards$ 1 | Mode$ TgtChoose
AI:RemoveDeck:Random

Oracle:Indestructible\nAs long as your devotion to black and green is less than seven, Pharika isn't a creature.\nIf an opponent would discards a card and has no cards in hand, return target card from your graveyard to your hand instead.\nWhenever an opponent casts a spell, that player discards a card.
Rest of the card work fine. Expected result is if an opponent would discard one or more cards but have less than the required number in their hand, i return the difference from my graveyard to my hand. Example: I cast Unnerve in a duel game. Opponent have 1 card in hand. Result he discard one card, and i return one card.

If someone more knowledgeable than me could help me figure my error, i would greatly appreciate it.
Thank you and have a nice day.
sunsharior

Postby jkarofwilderness » 01 Oct 2021, 12:25

Hi all,

I've been using forge for a while now, and recently programmed in Urza, Academy Headmaster. And then I was going through some old files and found an old Sliver Planeswalker I messed around with creating a while ago and thought I'd try to make it in forge. I'm having some trouble with the somewhat unique plus ability, though.

+2: Exile a silver from the battlefield. if you do, you get an emblem with all static abilities of the exiled card. Exile it when you don't control an Apex planeswalker.
It's unique on two counts that I don't know how to make work. First, I believe (rules as written) exiling an emblem should turn the abilities it provides off, meaning getting rid of the 'walker should get rid of the emblems and their abilities. I'm just not sure how to put that in a card. Second, I'm not sure how to get just static abilities onto the emblem. I've looked at cards like Nicol Bolas, Dragon God and Dark Imposter to see how they steal abilities, but those both get activated abilities and they both give the abilities to themselves, not an emblem.

Feel free to just tell me this is impossible, on either one or both counts, since I know it's not an ability that really matches anything else, but if you can think of a way to make it work, I'd love to hear about it.
jkarofwilderness

Postby Narwhal » 16 Jan 2022, 06:11

I have a sneaking suspicion that this post will go unanswered and unviewed, but I have no other recourse save to ask this here.

I am currently scripting an Equipment token card that is created by another custom card(that one is working perfectly), but I just can't seem to get it to work how I want. The effect is "{T}, inflict X damage to any target, where X is the number of COUNTERNAME counters on the battlefield." What I want to have happen is that the card counts every COUNTERNAME counter on the field and deals that number as damage, however what's actually happening is that the card is only checking the equipped creature and counting the counters on it, and then obviously dealing that as damage. (I have successfully added the custom counter to the CounterEnumType.class file, so the issue isn't with the counter in case that's what you were wondering.)

This is the part of the code that is checking the counters:
SVar:X:Count$ CardCounters.COUNTERNAME
I don't know how I should change this so that it includes all cards on the battlefield in its counting of the custom counter. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Narwhal

Postby Marek14 » 16 Jan 2022, 07:07

Maybe try looking at Fungal Behemoth?
Marek14
Tester

Postby Narwhal » 16 Jan 2022, 07:44

Marek14 wrote:Maybe try looking at Fungal Behemoth?
I love you so much right now! This solved everything! I don't know how I missed this card when I was searching for cards that counted counters/other cards. Seriously, thank you, I've been trying to solve this for more hours than I care to admit.
Narwhal

Postby Marek14 » 17 Jan 2022, 11:25

No problem :)
Marek14
Tester

Postby Narwhal » 24 Feb 2022, 03:04

So, during the testing I never added more than 1 copy of this custom to a deck - probably because I made it for commander - but I made a quick test deck with 3 copies and discovered an odd bug. For some reason when the upkeep effect triggers for the card that's on the field, it also triggers the effects of the copies in the deck. I don't understand why this would happen at all. Here is the full script and I've highlighted the part that is the problem. Any help would be welcomed. (I really don't understand why the copies in the deck would trigger as well...)
P.S.: Sorry for breaking the script up and doing it this way, but I either can't figure out how to highlight the portion of the code or it simply can't be done inside of a codeblock.

Name:The Lusty Argonian Maid
ManaCost:1 B G U
Types:Legendary Planeswalker Argonian Maid
Loyalty:5
S:Mode$ Continuous | Affected$ Card.Self | AddKeyword$ Protection:Permanent.counters_GE1_AROUSAL:Protection from permanents with arousal counters on them.
A:AB$ Token | Cost$ AddCounter<2/LOYALTY> | Planeswalker$ True | TokenAmount$ 1 | TokenScript$ bg_0_1_egg_defender | TokenOwner$ You | SpellDescription$ Create a 0/1 black and green Egg creature token. It has defender, "When this creature dies, place a loyalty counter on any Planeswalker."
A:AB$ Pump | Cost$ SubCounter<1/LOYALTY> | Planeswalker$ True | TargetMax$ 1 | TgtPrompt$ Chose target permanent | ValidTgts$ Permanent | SpellDescription$ Place arousal counters on target permanent equal to its mana cost. | SubAbility$ DBPutCounter
SVar:DBPutCounter:DB$ PutCounter | Defined$ Targeted | CounterType$ AROUSAL | CounterNum$ X
SVar:X:Targeted$CardManaCost
T:Mode$ Phase | Phase$ Upkeep | ValidPlayer$ You | TriggerZone$ Battlefield | IsPresent$ Permanent.counters_GE1_AROUSAL | PresentCompare$ GE1 | Execute$ TrigRepeatEach | TriggerDescription$ At the beginning of your upkeep, remove an arousal counter from each permanent that has one.
SVar:TrigRepeatEach:DB$ RepeatEach | RepeatCards$ Permanent.counters_GE1_AROUSAL | RepeatSubAbility$ DBRemove
SVar:DBRemove:DB$ RemoveCounter | Defined$ Remembered | CounterType$ AROUSAL | CounterNum$ 1

A:AB$ Token | Cost$ SubCounter<10/LOYALTY> | Planeswalker$ True | Ultimate$ True | TokenAmount$ 1 | TokenScript$ the_polished_spear | TokenOwner$ You | SpellDescription$ Put a colorless Equipment artifact token named The Polished Spear onto the battlefield. It has indestructible, "Equipped creature gets +5/+5 and has {T}, inflict X damage to any target, where X is the number of arousal counters on the battlefield," and equip {0}.
Oracle:[+2]: Create a 0/1 black and green Egg creature token. It has defender, "When this creature dies, place a loyalty counter on any Planeswalker."\n[-1]: Place arousal counters on target permanent equal to its mana cost.\n[-10]: Put a colorless Equipment artifact token named The Polished Spear onto the battlefield. It has indestructible, "Equipped creature gets +5/+5 and has {T}, inflict X damage to any target, where X is the number of arousal counters on the battlefield," and equip {0}.
Narwhal

Postby CoderBlaze » 29 Mar 2022, 14:43

Hello, all. Not sure if this thread is still alive but had a question about a card I was trying to make.

The intended card is as follows:
Sorcery - R - Each player discards a nonland card, then chooses an opponent, that opponent conjures a copy of the discarded card into their hand, it perpetually gains "You may spend mana as though it were mana of any color to cast this spell."
So kind of similar to Gutborn, but as a sorcery.

The following is the result of my attempts at scripting this:
ManaCost:R
Types:Sorcery
A:SP$ RepeatEach | Cost$ R | RepeatPlayers$ Player | RepeatSubAbility$ DBDiscard | StackDescription$ Each player | SpellDescription$ Each player discards a nonland card.
SVar:DBDiscard:DB$ | Defined$ Player.IsRemembered | DiscardValid$ Card.nonLand | Mode$ TgtChoose | AILogic$ DiscardUncastableAndExcess | SubAbility$ ChoosePlayer
SVar:ChoosePlayer:DB$ ChoosePlayer | Defined$ TriggeredCardOwner | Choices$ Player.IsRemembered.Other | ChoiceTitle$ Choose another player | SubAbility$ DBConjure
SVar:DBConjure:DB$ MakeCard | Defined$ ChosenPlayer | DefinedName$ Discarded | Zone$ Hand | RememberMade$ True | SubAbility$ DBClearChosen
SVar:DBClearChosen:DB$ Cleanup | ClearChosenPlayer$ True | SubAbility$ DBEffect
SVar:DBEffect:DB$ Effect | RememberObjects$ Remembered | StaticAbilities$ PerpetualAbility | Duration$ Permanent | Triggers$ Update | Name$ Cannot Make Change's Perpetual Effect | SubAbility$ DBCleanup
SVar:PerpetualAbility:Mode$ Continuous | AddStaticAbility$ SpendAnyMana | Affected$ Card.IsRemembered | EffectZone$ Command | AffectedZone$ Battlefield,Hand,Graveyard,Exile,Stack,Library,Command | Description$ The conjured card perpetually gains "You may spend mana as though it were mana of any color to cast this spell."
SVar:SpendAnyMana:Mode$ Continuous | Affected$ Card.Self | EffectZone$ All | AffectedZone$ Stack | AddHiddenKeyword$ May spend mana as though it were mana of any color to cast CARDNAME | Description$ You may spend mana as though it were mana of any color to cast this spell.
SVar:DBCleanup:DB$ Cleanup | ClearRemembered$ True
SVar:Update:Mode$ ChangesZone | Origin$ Any | Destination$ Any | Static$ True | ValidCard$ Card.IsRemembered | Execute$ DBUpdate
SVar:DBUpdate:DB$ UpdateRemember
DeckHas:Ability$Discard
Oracle:Each player discards a nonland card, then chooses an opponent, that opponent conjures a copy of the discarded card into their hand, it perpetually gains "You may spend mana as though it were mana of any color to cast this spell."
And now forge refuses to fully acknowledge the card's existence. (I don't know the technical term for this, but games started with this card freeze, the deck editor glitches over it...)

Anyone have an idea about what I'm doing wrong?
Thanks!
CoderBlaze

Previous

Return to Forge