It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 23:48

Text Size

Custom Card Thread

Moderators: timmermac, Blacksmith, KrazyTheFox, Agetian, friarsol, CCGHQ Admins

Re: Custom Card Thread

Postby correioalternativo » 22 Sep 2015, 20:35

Midori wrote:
Humble Attendant is not just not scriptable by now, but it also doesn't work by the rules (specifically rule 603.2e) unless your opponents control Telepathy.
To make it work, you have to make it a static ability tied to a triggered ability (similar to how miracle works). But i don't think you can script those kind of abilities on forge yet.
Harder than I thought.

Ssyba probably can't be scripted yet, since there is (as far as i know) currently no card that "allowed you to make your opponent search your library". Therefore Forge probably doesn't have an function to allow you to script such a card yet.
Besides, you might want to remove the target of Ssybas ability, since mana abilities can't have targets (rule 605.1a). Though being a non mana ability gives it a charm of its own.
New version:

Ssyba
Land
{T}: Add one mana of any color to your mana pool. Other players may search your library for a land card and put that card onto the battlefield tapped under his or her control. If he or she does, shuffle your library.

And a similar idea:

Zyxland
Land
{T}, Pay 2 life, Sacrifice Zyxland: Search opponent library for a land card and put it onto the battlefield under your control. Then he or she shuffle his or her library.
Last edited by correioalternativo on 23 Sep 2015, 00:42, edited 1 time in total.
correioalternativo

Postby Midori » 22 Sep 2015, 23:33

correioalternativo wrote:
New version:

Ssyba
Land
{T}: Add one mana of any color to your mana pool. Other players may search your library for a land card and put that card onto the battlefield tapped under his or her control. If he or she does, shuffle your library.
The problem is not the "opponent", but the fact that you make someone else search your library.

My suggestion:

Ssyba
Land
{T}: Target opponent may search his or her library for a land card, put that card onto the battlefield tapped, then shuffle his or her library. Then add one mana of any color to your mana pool. (This isn't a mana ability.)

correioalternativo wrote:And a similar idea:

Zyxland
Land
{T}, Pay 2 life, Sacrifice Zxyland: Search opponent library for a land card and put it onto the battlefield under your control. Then he or she shuffle his or her library.
This card should be easy to script. Just look up Bribery and change the card type.

:!: My balancing suggestion:
You should consider to change land to basic land, or greatly increase the activation cost by nothing less then {4} and add " {T}: Add {1} to your mana pool." to compensate the cost increase.
Messing up the opponents mana base and fixing your own mana (or assembling tron/post) for just 2 life is no laughing matter.
Midori

Postby correioalternativo » 23 Sep 2015, 00:39

Midori wrote: :!: My balancing suggestion:
You should consider to change land to basic land, or greatly increase the activation cost by nothing less then {4} and add " {T}: Add {1} to your mana pool." to compensate the cost increase.
Messing up the opponents mana base and fixing your own mana (or assembling tron/post) for just 2 life is no laughing matter.
I want a new Urza Block :twisted:
correioalternativo

Postby Marek14 » 23 Sep 2015, 05:51

There's Guided Passage which allows something like that, but is worded a bit differently to make sure that your opponent HAS to find a valid card if there's one.
Marek14
Tester

Postby Midori » 23 Sep 2015, 18:03

Marek14 wrote:There's Guided Passage which allows something like that, but is worded a bit differently to make sure that your opponent HAS to find a valid card if there's one.
This does solve the "make aother player search your library" issue. But is there a way to put the card onto the battlefield under the chosen opponent's control? Bribery uses GainControl$ True, but is there a similar function to give the chosen opponent the permanent?
Midori

Postby friarsol » 23 Sep 2015, 18:22

Midori wrote:This does solve the "make aother player search your library" issue. But is there a way to put the card onto the battlefield under the chosen opponent's control? Bribery uses GainControl$ True, but is there a similar function to give the chosen opponent the permanent?
You also need the parameter "NewController" to do that like in Yavimaya Dryad or Traveling Plague
friarsol
Global Moderator

Postby roguetnt » 28 Oct 2015, 23:27

would this work as a card?

Name:Heretic-Bane Knight
ManaCost:3 W B
Types:Creature Knight
PT:3/4
K:Flying
K:First Strike
K:Protection from blue
K:Protection from green
K:CARDNAME can't be countered.
S:Mode$ Continuous | Affected$ Creature.Knight+YouCtrl | AddPower$ 1 | AddToughness$ 1 | AddKeyword$ Lifelink | | AddKeyword$ deathtouch |

i dont know how to do any of this sorry
roguetnt

Postby friarsol » 29 Oct 2015, 01:10

roguetnt wrote:would this work as a card?

Name:Heretic-Bane Knight
ManaCost:3 W B
Types:Creature Knight
S:Mode$ Continuous | Affected$ Creature.Knight+YouCtrl | AddPower$ 1 | AddToughness$ 1 | AddKeyword$ Lifelink | | AddKeyword$ deathtouch |

i dont know how to do any of this sorry
It probably would help if you described what the card should actually do.
friarsol
Global Moderator

Postby roguetnt » 29 Oct 2015, 08:41

figured it out after a few hours its over powered but it works and i just think its kind of fun even if its ridiculous
Attachments
Screenshot_29.jpg
roguetnt

Postby roguetnt » 29 Oct 2015, 09:02

Its supposed to be a knight lord that grants lifelink and deathtouch, as well as +1/+1 while having pro green/blue and cant be countered along with first strike and flying His code ended up being :
Code: Select all
Name:Heretic Bane Knight

ManaCost:2 W B

Types: Creature Human Knight

S:Mode$ Continuous | Affected$ Creature.Knight+YouCtrl | AddPower$ 0 | AddToughness$ 1 |  AddKeyword$ Lifelink
S:Mode$ Continuous | Affected$ Creature.Knight+YouCtrl | AddPower$ 1 | AddToughness$ 0 |  AddKeyword$ Deathtouch
it works although its clunky and i know how to change that, i also need to add description text. i wanted to try something that would work in my Knight deck and grant it abilities they dont need but would make it fun it took awhile to build and even longer to get images to work for it . I am happy with the results though. :)
Attachments
Screenshot_30.jpg
roguetnt

Postby torridus » 07 Nov 2015, 03:45

MTG is a bit lacking for a spider tribal deck. So I filled in a few blanks.

General spider lord | Open
Name:Spider King
ManaCost:1 G G
Types:Legendary Creature Spider
PT:2/4
K:Reach
S:Mode$ Continuous | Affected$ Creature.Spider+Other+YouCtrl | AddPower$ 1 | AddToughness$ 1 | Description$ Other Spider creatures you control get +1/+1.
Oracle:Reach\nOther Spider creatures you control get +1/+1.
Legendary spider | Open
Name:Spider Queen
ManaCost:4 G G
Types:Legendary Creature Spider
PT:3/6
T:Mode$ SpellCast | ValidCard$ Creature.nonHuman | ValidActivatingPlayer$ You | TriggerZones$ Battlefield | OptionalDecider$ You | Execute$ TrigSpider | TriggerDescription$ Whenever you cast a nonhuman creature spell, you may put a 1/2 green Spider creature token with reach onto the battlefield.
SVar:TrigSpider:AB$Token | Cost$ 0 | TokenAmount$ 1 | TokenName$ Spider | TokenTypes$ Creature,Spider | TokenOwner$ You | TokenColors$ Green | TokenPower$ 1 | TokenToughness$ 2 | TokenKeywords$ Reach
A:AB$ Pump | Cost$ 1 BG | ValidTgts$ Creature | TgtPrompt$ Select target creature | KW$ Deathtouch | SpellDescription$ Target creature gains deathtouch until end of turn.
Oracle: Whenever you cast a nonhuman creature spell, you may put a 1/2 green Spider creature token with reach onto the battlefield.\n{1}{B}{G}: Target creature gains deathtouch until end of turn.
Green Sun's Zenith + Greed on a creature | Open
Name:Imperial Spider
ManaCost:2 B
Types:Creature Spider
PT:2/2
A:AB$ ChangeZone | Cost$ X B G T | Origin$ Library | Destination$ Battlefield | ChangeType$ Creature.Spider+cmcLEX | ChangeNum$ 1 | SubAbility$ DBShuffle | StackDescription$ Search your library for a spider creature card with converted mana cost X or less, put it onto the battlefield, then shuffle your library. | References$ X | SpellDescription$ Search your library for a spider creature card with converted mana cost X or less, put it onto the battlefield, then shuffle your library.
SVar:X:Count$xPaid
SVar:DBShuffle:DB$ChangeZone | Origin$ Stack | Destination$ Library | Shuffle$ True
A:AB$ Draw | Cost$ 1 B PayLife<1> | NumCards$ 1 | SpellDescription$ Draw a card.
Oracle:{X}{B}{G}, T: Search your library for a spider creature card with converted mana cost X or less, put it onto the battlefield, then shuffle your library.\n{1}{B}, Pay 1 life: Draw a card.
Nerfed Bitterblossom | Open
Name:Spider Portal
ManaCost:1 G
Types:Enchantment
Text:no text
T:Mode$ DamageDone | Execute$ TrigToken | ValidTarget$ You | TriggerZones$ Battlefield | OptionalDecider$ You | TriggerDescription$ Whenever you're dealt damage, you may put a 1/2 green Spider creature token with reach onto the battlefield.
SVar:TrigToken:AB$Token | Cost$ 0 | TokenImage$ G 1 2 Spider | TokenAmount$ 1 | TokenName$ Spider | TokenTypes$ Creature,Spider | TokenOwner$ You | TokenColors$ Green | TokenPower$ 1 | TokenToughness$ 2 | TokenKeywords$ Reach
Oracle:Whenever you're dealt damage, you may put a 1/2 green Spider creature token with reach onto the battlefield.
Double-edged creature which works well with previous card | Open
Name:Shadowknight Spider
ManaCost:1 RG
Types:Creature Spider
PT:3/2
T:Mode$ Phase | Phase$ Upkeep | ValidPlayer$ You | TriggerZones$ Battlefield | Execute$ TrigDealDamage | TriggerDescription$ At the beginning of your upkeep, CARDNAME deals 2 damage to you.
SVar:TrigDealDamage:AB$DealDamage | Cost$ 0 | Defined$ You | NumDmg$ 2
S:Mode$ RaiseCost | ValidTarget$ Card.Self | Type$ Spell | Amount$ 2 | Description$ Spells that target CARDNAME cost {2} more to cast.
Oracle:At the beginning of your upkeep, Shadowknight Spider deals 2 damage to you.\nSpells your opponents cast that target Shadowknight Spider cost {2} more to cast.
Aggro nightmare spider based on Wormfang Newt | Open
Name:Terra Spider
ManaCost:1 G
Types:Creature Spider Nightmare
PT:3/1
T:Mode$ ChangesZone | Origin$ Any | Destination$ Battlefield | ValidCard$ Card.Self | Execute$ TrigExile | TriggerDescription$ When CARDNAME enters the battlefield, exile a land you control.
T:Mode$ ChangesZone | Origin$ Battlefield | Destination$ Any | ValidCard$ Card.Self | Execute$ TrigReturn | TriggerDescription$ When CARDNAME leaves the battlefield, return the exiled card to the battlefield under its owner's control.
SVar:TrigExile:AB$ChangeZone | Cost$ 0 | Origin$ Battlefield | Destination$ Exile | TargetMin$ 1 | ValidTgts$ Land.YouCtrl | TgtPrompt$ Choose target land you control | RememberTargets$ True | ForgetOtherTargets$ True
SVar:TrigReturn:AB$ChangeZone | Cost$ 0 | Defined$ Remembered | Origin$ Exile | Destination$ Battlefield
Oracle:When Terra Spider enters the battlefield, exile a land you control.\nTerra Spider leaves the battlefield, return the exiled card to the battlefield under its owner's control.
Nightmare spider based on Soul Scourge | Open
Name:Soul-leech Scourge
ManaCost:3 B
Types:Creature Spider Nightmare Horror
PT:4/2
T:Mode$ ChangesZone | Origin$ Any | Destination$ Battlefield | ValidCard$ Card.Self | Execute$ TrigLoseLife | TriggerDescription$ When CARDNAME enters the battlefield, target player loses 3 life.
SVar:TrigLoseLife:DB$LoseLife | ValidTgts$ Player | TgtPrompt$ Select a player | LifeAmount$ 3 | RememberTargets$ True | ForgetOtherTargets$ True
T:Mode$ ChangesZone | Origin$ Battlefield | Destination$ Any | ValidCard$ Card.Self | Execute$ TrigGainLife | TriggerController$ TriggeredCardController | TriggerDescription$ When CARDNAME leaves the battlefield, that player gains 3 life.
SVar:TrigGainLife:DB$GainLife | Defined$ Remembered | LifeAmount$ 3
Oracle:When Soul-leech Scourge enters the battlefield, target player loses 3 life.\nWhen Soul-leech Scourge leaves the battlefield, that player gains 3 life.
torridus

Postby Jahill » 08 Nov 2015, 11:33

How does forge know that the spell belongs to an opponent in Shadowknight Spider?
Aura of Silence has "Activator$ Opponent", might work.
Jahill

Postby torridus » 08 Nov 2015, 19:03

Jahill wrote:How does forge know that the spell belongs to an opponent in Shadowknight Spider?
Aura of Silence has "Activator$ Opponent", might work.
The ability is for all spells. So, say you wanted to enchant it with Unholy Strength or something like that - it'd cost 2B instead of B. It's more difficult for your opponent to kill the creature, but it's also more difficult for you to make it extra threatening. It seemed like a balanced addition to the "double-edged" theme.
torridus

Postby Jahill » 08 Nov 2015, 21:33

That makes sense, although shroud seems more fit for me because of the two damage penalty.
Its description says "Spells your opponents cast that target Shadowknight Spider cost {2} more to cast." by the way.
Jahill

Postby edessa » 09 Nov 2015, 01:06

I have a question about mechanics.
If I want to encoded a word, like flying or trample, where can I do so?
Is there a directory or an archive to add the mechanic in question?
edessa

PreviousNext

Return to Forge