It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 03:30

Text Size

MTGForge 10/02 (unofficial BETA) version

Moderators: timmermac, Blacksmith, KrazyTheFox, Agetian, friarsol, CCGHQ Admins

MTGForge 10/02 (unofficial BETA) version

Postby DennisBergkamp » 02 Oct 2009, 03:25

New version! A lot of new cards, features and bugfixes.
2003 cards in total now.

Features/Fixes:

- Fixed Wall of Diffusion (doesn't have shadow now - but can block creatures with shadow).
- Fixed Goblin Skycutter (shouldn't be able to target untargetable creatures anymore).
- Fixed Turtleshell Changeling.
- Stuffy Doll with lifelink should work correctly now.
- Lifelink should also work correctly with abDamageCP (Prodigal Sorcerer, etc.)
- Fixed a bug with Sower of Temptation where it if would leave play, the controlling player of the confiscated creature wouldn't change.
- Fixed a crash with Lifespark Spellbomb on the AIs side, however, it will convert the land into a 3/3 until EOT, but still not attack with it
- Fixed Wrath of God text ("Destroy all creature.")
- Fixed a glitch where a Planeswalker is shown stacked with an enchanted/equipped creature.
- Added Horsemanship keyword.
- Added spLoseLifeGainLife keyword (thanks Chris!)
- Fixed Troll Ascetic, and added "This card can't be the target of spells or abilities your opponents control." keyword.
- Fixed a bug where the AI would target untargetable creatures with Weakness, Rancor, Brilliant Halo and Holy Strength.
- Added a big update from Silly Freak where the locations of data files / pictures, language options, and a whole lot more can be specified in text editable config files. It also contains some GUI improvements. Great stuff!!!
- This is an experimental feature, but the AI should be able to cast counterspells now, provided it has enough mana. It will not purposefully try to leave mana untapped though.
- Added "This card can't be countered." keyword (and added this to Akroma, Angel of Fury).
- Added "Nonbasic landwalk" keyword.
- Fixed a bug where Nicol Bolas, Planeswalker would target untargetable permanents (including the mana pool).
- Fixed AI targeting untargetable creatures with Swords to Plowshares.
- "Morph up" abilities are actually considered abilities now (initially I incorrectly coded them as spells), so a "Morph up" can't be countered anymore.
- Fixed AI being able to cast Beast Attack from his graveyard over and over.
- Fixed Pendelhaven cost.
- Added "When this card is put into a graveyard from the battlefield, return this card to its owner's hand" keyword.
- Fixed Peel from Reality (shouldn't be able to target untargetable creatures anymore).
- Fixed some dead links in card-pictures.txt
- Silly Freak made an update that should prevent the automatic resizing of the left hand panel altogether.
- Fixed a bug with Giltspire Avenger where it couldn't target creatures like Prodigal Sorcerer after they've dealt combat damage to a player.

New cards:

A lot of new cards, here are some of the highlights:

- Weatherseed Treefolk
- Guilty Conscience (the Stuffy Doll combo actually works, and the AI will cast it on his own Stuffy Doll if he has one)
- Vedalken Plotter, Political Trickery
- Master Transmuter
- Obsidian Fireheart
- Armadillo Cloak (thanks Cyclope!) - this card doesn't actually work 100% like it should (it gives lifelink instead of the triggered lifegain), but it's one of my old favorite cards, I just had to add it.
- Oversold Cemetery
- Whispers of the Muse
- Great Sable Stag, Obliterate, Blurred Mongoose
- Emeria Angel, Rampaging Baloths
- Soltari Champion, Goblin General
- Warren Instigator
- Devout Lightcaster
- Beastmaster Ascension
- Fervent Charge
- Emeria, the Sky Ruin
- Eldrazi Monument
- Lotus Cobra
- Scute Mob
- Felidar Sovereign
- Day of Judgment
- Ob Nixilis, the Fallen
- Nissa Revane, Nissa's Chosen
- Privileged Position
- Sun Quan, Lord of Wu
- Leafdrake Roost, Cursed Land, Caribou Range
- Sarpadian Empires, Vol. VII

Important: Silly Freak's new I/O did change the directory structure quite a bit. All of the data files can be found in the \res directory (\res\pics for the pictures).
Quest files are in \res\quest, anyway, it should be pretty clear.

Again, I couldn't log in to Rob's webhosting, so I uploaded them here in three parts (Chris, I'll email you a single file).
Attachments
MTGForge1002.part3.rar
(239.45 KiB) Downloaded 354 times
MTGForge1002.part2.rar
(1.39 MiB) Downloaded 378 times
MTGForge1002.part1.rar
(1.39 MiB) Downloaded 489 times
DennisBergkamp
AI Programmer

Re: MTGForge 10/02 (unofficial BETA) version

Postby Sloth » 02 Oct 2009, 05:35

This update is much more than i expected DennisBergkamp! Really nice new cards!

I have to test it right away.

Edit: Whoot!? The AI countered my Plated Slagwurm with False Summoning :shock: ! Awesome! Certainly didn't see that coming!
Sloth
Programmer

Postby Mr.Chaos » 02 Oct 2009, 06:09

YAY! =D>
Great work Dennis, and all others who contributed!
Guilty Conscience and Stuffy Doll... time for a new deck me thinks! :wink:
Lots to try and do, thank you!

Oh, new series released today of the "real" magic game. That will slow down my testing on this new release. (what's real these days? A game of magic played with cards or in MTG Forge, they both feel real to me.)
However, the current state of my fridge demands that I first go raid the supermarket now.
Funny that, how an empty stomach can interfere with the really important things in life, like gaming. :roll:
](*,) = coder at work, according to a coder.It does explain some of the bugs. :wink:
Mr.Chaos
Tester

Postby Marek14 » 02 Oct 2009, 07:53

Why are planeswalkers listed as Legendary? It doesn't matter so far, but once you implement Ajani Vengeant or Chandra Ablaze, it might.
Marek14
Tester

Postby apthaven » 02 Oct 2009, 08:54

Mostly lurking for quite a while now... but great job guys :D

Huuuuuge update.

Time to add in a couple of deck ideas and bug testing :)

Lots going on in our country (Philippines) to prevent me from coming here often, if you've been reading the news and all with the typhoons devastating our countryside, it's like Hurricane Katrina in the US.

Marek14 wrote:Why are planeswalkers listed as Legendary? It doesn't matter so far, but once you implement Ajani Vengeant or Chandra Ablaze, it might.
It's part of the MTG Rules I believe. So no Ajani Vengeant and Ajani Goldmane in the battlefield. Same goes with Chandra Ablaze and Chandra Nalaar. But that's unlikely as the AI doesn't have much use for the planeswalkers yet.

Just like in any story/movie/book there can't be two of the same character unless he or she has a clone :lol:
"I am a man and real men do not consume pink beverages. Get thee gone woman, and bring me something brown." - Jace Wayland
apthaven
Tester

Postby Marek14 » 02 Oct 2009, 09:09

apthaven wrote:Mostly lurking for quite a while now... but great job guys :D

Huuuuuge update.

Time to add in a couple of deck ideas and bug testing :)

Lots going on in our country (Philippines) to prevent me from coming here often, if you've been reading the news and all with the typhoons devastating our countryside, it's like Hurricane Katrina in the US.

Marek14 wrote:Why are planeswalkers listed as Legendary? It doesn't matter so far, but once you implement Ajani Vengeant or Chandra Ablaze, it might.
It's part of the MTG Rules I believe. So no Ajani Vengeant and Ajani Goldmane in the battlefield. Same goes with Chandra Ablaze and Chandra Nalaar. But that's unlikely as the AI doesn't have much use for the planeswalkers yet.

Just like in any story/movie/book there can't be two of the same character unless he or she has a clone :lol:
I'm afraid you haven't quite understood what I meant. Yes, the Magic rules will preclude Ajani Vengeant and Ajani Goldmane to be present together. But NOT if they are implemented as Legendary, because Legendary supertype only checks names. There is a special rule for planeswalkers that checks their subtypes.

Also, this implementation would allow multiple copies of planeswalkers with Mirror Gallery... and Mirror Gallery could be probably implemented by having the legendary rule check for its presence.
Marek14
Tester

Postby apthaven » 02 Oct 2009, 09:46

Right. I so got used to Forge's legendary Planeswalker subtype - in reality it shouldn't exist.

In its essence Planeswalker + Subtype = Legendary.

So it would be best that the Legendary attribute, be removed from the planeswalkers cards right?
"I am a man and real men do not consume pink beverages. Get thee gone woman, and bring me something brown." - Jace Wayland
apthaven
Tester

Postby Chris H. » 02 Oct 2009, 11:42

The How to Play window displayed from the New Game window for some reason is only displaying the first half of the help file en.properties which is located in the howTo folder. I think that I see what the problem is.

The last line displayed:

Code: Select all
2)   the hardness of the AI deck that you will face as an opponent,\
`
It looks like the line should end with a "\n\" rather than a "\ "

I just edited the file and restarted forge and it now works as expected. 8)
Chris H.
Forge Moderator

Postby Chris H. » 02 Oct 2009, 11:46

Important: Silly Freak's new I/O did change the directory structure quite a bit. All of the data files can be found in the \res directory (\res\pics for the pictures).
Quest files are in \res\quest, anyway, it should be pretty clear.
`
I really like this new arrangement. The old timers can remember a time when even the jpg card images were in the root folder with all of the rest of the files. This is a welcomed change.

I imagine that Rare's and Rob's rarity file editors will need to be updated.

I should be able to update the all-cards rarity files by moving a copy of the needed files to the root folder long enough to make the necessary changes.
Chris H.
Forge Moderator

Postby Chris H. » 02 Oct 2009, 12:00

Again, I couldn't log in to Rob's webhosting, so I uploaded them here in three parts (Chris, I'll email you a single file).
`
Thank you Dennis. :)

It turns out that the older archiving utility that I was using is so rooted in the past decade that it was not quite up to date with today's archives.

I found a nice and new archiving utility named "The Unarchiver" v2.0.2 which can handle the multi-part rar files without a complaint. Anyone with a Mac should try this utility if they need a tool which can handle these multi-part rar files.
Chris H.
Forge Moderator

Postby Rob Cashwalker » 02 Oct 2009, 14:11

:partyman: :supz: =D> =P~ \:D/ :rolleyes:
- This is an experimental feature, but the AI should be able to cast counterspells now, provided it has enough mana. It will not purposefully try to leave mana untapped though.
:partyman: :supz: =D> =P~ \:D/ :rolleyes:

W T F !
The Force will be with you, Always.
Rob Cashwalker
Programmer

Postby Chris H. » 02 Oct 2009, 15:24

all rarities for MTG Forge 10-02-2009

This archive contains updated rarity files for MTG Forge 10-02. I added the missing rarity values for the 100+ new cards. This set is not compatible with earlier versions of forge.

This archive now contains only one set of rarity files. These files have had a rarity value assigned to all of the cards except for the basic lands and Rares three fantasy cards.

As of version 10-02 these rarity files now go inside of the res folder and are now of no use to you if you place them in the root folder.

EDIT:

Wow, I just did a count of the new cards, 123 ! :mrgreen:

`
Attachments
All Rarities 10-02-2009.zip
(16.4 KiB) Downloaded 280 times
Last edited by Chris H. on 02 Oct 2009, 18:53, edited 1 time in total.
Chris H.
Forge Moderator

Postby mtgrares » 02 Oct 2009, 15:36

Another great release thanks to DennisBergkamp for putting everything together, Rob for his nice keywords, and Silly Freak for the new "res" directory. Having 2003 cards is insane. I'm very happy the AI can now cast Counterspell, I didn't even think that was possible. (Of course I didn't think protection was possible either, it just required an enormouse amount of energy.) Thanks for the good work everybody.

I imagine that Rare's and Rob's rarity file editors will need to be updated.
Yeah probably, but my editor just needs cards.txt, common.txt, uncommon.txt and rare.txt to be in the same directory. So you should be able to move it to the new "res" directory and it should (hopefully) work.

10-02-forge.zip - Is just a zipped version of the rar file and includes Chris's update of common.txt, uncommon.txt, and rare.txt
mtgrares
DEVELOPER

Postby DennisBergkamp » 02 Oct 2009, 18:24

Thanks guys! I hope the new version won't have too many bugs...

- Fixed a bug where the AI would target untargetable creatures with Weakness, Rancor, Brilliant Halo and Holy Strength.
I just realized that some of the recently added Auras (cyclope submitted a few) will still have this problem. So the AI will try to target untargetable creatures sometimes.
DennisBergkamp
AI Programmer

Postby pluckcitizen » 02 Oct 2009, 18:40

I love these frequent updates. You programmers are either really dedicated or have a lot of time in on your hands. Either way, I love it!

Thanks!
pluckcitizen

Next

Return to Forge