Forge Beta: 2-14-2015 ver 1.5.35

Moderators: timmermac, Blacksmith, KrazyTheFox, Agetian, friarsol, CCGHQ Admins

Postby Chris H. » 14 Feb 2015, 21:23

14514 cards in total.

Release Notes

- Net Decks support -

On the Constructed screen, you can now select a new Net Decks category from the drop down.
Contains all decks from gos's Forge Decks subforums, broken up by the column/event they were taken from.
Won't cause startup to be slower since they are loaded on the fly.

Known Issues

Issues list | Open
- Fate Reforged cards -
Forge now includes many of the new CFate Reforged cards. It may take a few days/weeks before these new card pictures become available for downloading via the "Download LQ Card Pictures" button. The LQ set pictures tend to take a few more weeks/months to process before they become available for downloading via the "Download LQ Set Pictures" button. Please be patient. The Forge devs are not involved in maintaining the servers that house these pictures.

- Commander 2014 cards -
Forge now includes many of the new Commander 2014 cards. It may take a few days/weeks before these new card pictures become available for downloading via the "Download LQ Card Pictures" button. The LQ set pictures tend to take a few more weeks/months to process before they become available for downloading via the "Download LQ Set Pictures" button. Please be patient. The Forge devs are not involved in maintaining the servers that house these pictures.

- New Khans of Tarkir cards -
Forge now includes many of the new Khans of Tarkir cards. It may take a few days/weeks before these new card pictures become available for downloading via the "Download LQ Card Pictures" button. The LQ set pictures tend to take a few more weeks/months to process before they become available for downloading via the "Download LQ Set Pictures" button. Please be patient. The Forge devs are not involved in maintaining the servers that house these pictures.

- Continued Work on Conspiracy -
Conspiracy is one of the strangest sets that have been released in some time. Currently, we have a few of the "Draft matters" cards scripted, although you'll find that they won't quite be available to you (unless you add them manually into a draft deck). Hopefully we'll get the appropriate functionality in so we can start including them in boosters and allowing you to add Conspiracy type cards straight to your deck the way you do every other variant card. We'll make sure to point out when all of these kinks have worked themselves out.

- The Mac OS application version -
We can now package Forge as a Mac OS application. You can double click the Forge.app icon to launch the forge application on your Apple computer running Mac OS. This application will automatically increase the java heap space memory for you as it launches. This version does not require the forge.command file and it does not need to start the Terminal application as part of the start up process.

The Mac OS X app version apparently requires the Mavericks OS and is not compatible with earlier OS X versions. People with earlier OS X versions should use the Windows and Linux version and launch forge on their Mac by double clicking on the included "forge.command" file.

- Magic 2015 cards -
It may take a few days/weeks before these new card pictures become available for downloading via the "Download LQ Card Pictures" button. The LQ set pictures tend to take a few more weeks/months to process before they become available for downloading via the "Download LQ Set Pictures" button. Please be patient. The Forge devs are not involved in maintaining the servers that house these pictures.

- Conspiracy cards -
Forge now includes many of the new Conspiracy cards. It may take a few days/weeks before these new card pictures become available for downloading via the "Download LQ Card Pictures" button. The LQ set pictures tend to take a few more weeks/months to process before they become available for downloading via the "Download LQ Set Pictures" button. Please be patient. The Forge devs are not involved in maintaining the servers that house these pictures.

- Commander 2013 cards -
It may take a few days/weeks before these new card pictures become available for downloading via the "Download LQ Card Pictures" button. The LQ set pictures tend to take a few more weeks/months to process before they become available for downloading via the "Download LQ Set Pictures" button. Please be patient. The Forge devs are not involved in maintaining the servers that house these pictures.

- Born of the Gods cards -

There is a known issue with the cost reduction for cards that have color-locked X in their mana cost (e.g. Drain Life, Soul Burn). Cost reduction will not apply correctly to these cards if the amount by which the cost is reduced is greater than the amount of colorless mana in the mana cost specified on the card (e.g. 1 for Drain Life, 2 for Soul Burn). Fixing this issue likely requires rewriting the way announced color-locked X is interpreted and paid (most likely it has to be represented with colorless mana shards but still locked to the colors required by the card).

Several people have noticed that the cards displayed on the battlefield will fail to be displayed when the number of cards on the battlefield increases. Maximizing the human panel can help to re-display the cards.

Some time was spent turning the static ETB triggers into the proper ETB replacement effects they should be, mainly to interact correctly with each other. This work is not yet finished. As a result there is currently some inconsistencies with "Enters the battlefield with counters" (Not incredibly noticeable).

A recent contribution to the code base should fix some of the bugs that people noticed with cloning type abilities. At this time there is one remaining issue that we hope will be addressed in the near future:
Copies of cards that setup Zone Change triggers via addComesIntoPlayCommand and addLeavesPlayCommand will not function correctly.

The Forge archive includes a readme.txt file and we ask that you spend a few minutes reading this file as it contains some information that may prove useful. We do tend to update this file at times and you should quickly read this file and look for new information for each and every new release. Thank you.

The archive format used for the Forge distribution is ".tar.bz2". There are utilities for Windows, Mac OS and the various *nix's that can be used to extract/decompress these ".tar.bz2" archives. We recommend that you extract/decompress the Forge archive into a new and unused folder.

Some people use the Windows application 7zip. This utility can be found at http://www.7-zip.org/download.html. Mac users can double click on the archive and the application Archive Utility will launch and extract the archive. Mac users do not need to download a separate utility.

Contributors to This Release

Agetian
DrDev
elcnesh
excessum
Gos
Hellfish
Max mtg
Myrd
Sloth
Sol
Swordshine
Chris H

(Quest icons used created by Teekatas, from his Legendora set http://raindropmemory.deviantart.com)
(Thanks to the MAGE team for permission to use their targeting arrows.)
(Thanks to http://www.freesound.org/browse/ for providing some sound files.)

The Forge 2/14/2015 Windows and Linux archive (requires java 7):

forge-gui-desktop-1.5.35.zip

Forge 2/14/2015 BETA packaged as a Mac OS application (requires java 7 and Mavericks OS X):

forge-gui-desktop-1.5.35.dmg.zip

Chris H.
Forge Moderator

Re: Forge Beta: 2-14-2015 ver 1.5.35

Postby Zirbert » 15 Feb 2015, 04:19

This version still appears to have the suspend bug (time counters don't come off suspended cards during upkeep).
Zirbert

Postby Hexadecimal » 15 Feb 2015, 05:56

I've checked all of this in current version. Most of these bugs are old, but some are new.

1. Star Compass - incorrect calculation of colored mana it gives in some cases if "Auto" button was pressed while paying mana cost. Description and screenshot here. This occurs in only about half of cases with the described conditions.

2. Kiki-Jiki, Mirror Breaker's created Zubera token have it's ability triggered 2 times once it's sacrificed. Endless Whispers (as well as many others) seem to be the part of the same problem with many cards' 'when dies/returned to hand' effects triggering twice. Though in this particular case second resolution of the trigger does nothing.

3. Stormfront Riders' second ability triggers only once if Riders and another creature were returned to hand.

4. Shared Fate issues. 1. It doesn't allow to cast flash/instant cards at any moment. 2. If casting of the spell was canceled, it will remain exiled and uncastable for the rest of the game. The same is true for Uba Mask and probably others cast-from-exile cards.

5. Æther Vial still receives charge counter even if player chooses "always no" auto-yield option. It happens only if auto-yield was enabled and only during current turn, on all subsequent turns auto-yield works as intended. It's a global issue with auto-yield. For example Darien, King of Kjeldor's ability also triggers when "always no" were selected, but only this particular time.

6. Kira, Great Glass-Spinner, Jetting Glasskite, Shimmering Glasskite abilities don't work as intended.
Player's targeted abilities/spells isn't countered by player's or enemy's creatures with this ability (ability triggers, but don't counters anything), while AI's targeted abilities/spells correctly get countered by player's creatures.

7. Kodama of the Center Tree soulshift ability doesn't work, causes game to freeze.

8. Offering ability of Kamigawa Patrons is broken: selected creature aren't sacrificed.

9. Flamebreak doesn't stop creatures from regenerating.

10. After creature equipped with the Sword of Light and Shadow deals combat damage to a player, prompt window appears, pressing 'cancel' or hitting Esc there results in no life gained from the Sword. It's happening only with empty graveyard.

11. Cowardice triggers (though effectively does nothing) when AI uses Zombify or Raise Dead on creature cards in his graveyard.

12. Summoner's Egg still remembers imprinted card after being bounced back to hand, so it can be used to put several creatures in play.

13. Wizened Snitches doesn't reveal top card.

14. Sway of the Stars doesn't properly shuffle hand (possibly if there were no permanents on the battlefield, but most likely always), it allows player to distribute his own and AI's cards on top of the library.
Hexadecimal

Postby Niv-Mizzet » 15 Feb 2015, 19:57

When you uptap Merieke Ri Berit you don't only get a trigger destroying the creature you've taken control of, but you'll also get a separate trigger to destroy each other creature that it has taken control of through the game even if they changed zones a long time ago.
Niv-Mizzet

Postby Hexadecimal » 15 Feb 2015, 22:44

Must be related to #6 in my previous post. Neither my Nullstone Gargoyle nor my Blood Funnel can counter my Disenchant. Disenchant still resolves successfully without saccing a creature no matter whose permanents I target with it, AI's or my own, even though both Gargoyle's and Funnel's abilities triggered both times. I wasn't using Boseiju or similar effects.

Another bug: Eye of the Storm allows player to select AI's spell resolution order.
Hexadecimal

Postby Nekoatl » 16 Feb 2015, 08:58

When Thada Adel, Acquisitor exiles an artifact card with its triggered ability, it does not give the ability to cast that card from exile, and it says "Remembered: " with no card name during and after the turn in which the ability triggers.
Nekoatl

Postby jmlima » 16 Feb 2015, 09:00

Leaping Master does not seem to work, you pay for his flying ability but never seem to get it.
jmlima

Postby chieuduong » 16 Feb 2015, 18:57

I think I posted this in 1.5.34. Anyway Sen Triplets ' ability stop working since 1.5.30
chieuduong

Postby tself55 » 16 Feb 2015, 19:50

Cloudform says it gives flying and hexproof to the manifested card, but AI was still able to target and kill with Hero's Downfall.

Edit: Additionally, the creature does not seem to have flying either, even though it does say flying in the description box.
tself55

Postby leshrac » 16 Feb 2015, 22:49

1. The "invisible card" bug from the last version stills exists. (Sometimes after a mulligan 1 or 2 cards in your hand are not visible and sometimes a card becomes invisible after your draw step.)
2. I used Sneak Attack to put a Deranged Hermit into play at the end of my opponents turn (just to get the tokens). The sacrifice trigger at end of turn didn't happen, most likely because i played it in his end step. The way i understand the rules that shouldn't matter and it should still be sacrificed at the end of his turn? (I'm definitely not a rules expert, i didn't play for about 15 years.)
3. When you use the "Auto" option to pay for mana costs, sometimes Wall of Roots is used two times in the same turn.
leshrac

Postby Hexadecimal » 16 Feb 2015, 23:39

leshrac wrote:I used Sneak Attack to put a Deranged Hermit into play at the end of my opponents turn (just to get the tokens). The sacrifice trigger at end of turn didn't happen, most likely because i played it in his end step. The way i understand the rules that shouldn't matter and it should still be sacrificed at the end of his turn?
I think that's correct behavior, though yes, it's counterintuitive.

Comprehensive Rules wrote:If a permanent with an ability that triggers "at the beginning of the end step"
enters the battlefield during this step, that ability won't trigger until the next turn's end step. Likewise, if a delayed triggered ability that triggers "at the beginning of the next end step" is created during this step, that ability won't trigger until the next turn's end step. In other words, the step doesn't "back up" so those abilities can go on the stack. This rule applies only to triggered abilities; it doesn't apply to continuous effects whose durations say "until end of turn" or "this turn."
Hexadecimal

Postby serrasmurf » 17 Feb 2015, 08:15

Kitchen Finks is equipped with Grafted Wargear
Finks dies in combat, persist and sac ability from wargear trigger
Finks comes back but i need to sack it
Incorrect because it is a new object
serrasmurf

Postby tribalelfmage » 17 Feb 2015, 15:46

I've been playing multiplayer commander a lot on the new version, and either there's a bug or I have the worst luck in the world because the AI only seems to attack me. In past versions it was at least randomized.
tribalelfmage

Postby Alico » 18 Feb 2015, 01:18

Precursor Golem is still broken. If the AI targets my golem with a spell, all of my golems are targeted and die, such as a lightning bolt. If I target them with a spell, such as rite of replication, the effect goes onto the stack, but it does nothing. Similar things happen if the Precursor Golem is on the AI's side of the battlefield.
Alico

Postby Hexadecimal » 18 Feb 2015, 02:50

I've used Living Inferno's ability on AI's Grozoth. Both of them were destroyed as a result. Log displays that Grozoth dealt 9 damage to himself in addition to 9 damage he dealt to Living Inferno. There was nothing on the battlefield to cause such an effect, so it's a bug with Inferno's ability.
Hexadecimal

Next

Return to Forge