It is currently 18 Apr 2024, 01:25

Text Size

List Your Contributions - Complete List of Helpers

Moderators: timmermac, Blacksmith, KrazyTheFox, Agetian, friarsol, CCGHQ Admins

List Your Contributions - Complete List of Helpers

Postby mtgrares » 20 Oct 2009, 19:18

Hi, even though MTG Forge started out as a one man project, now many people regularly post code updates and even more people have submitted code and non-code fixes. I've been very lazy and I haven't kept a complete list of people that have helped contribute to MTG Forge. Feel free to list your contributions here and I'll add them to the readme file.

I still feel honored that people help out with MTG Forge (and wrestle with MTG Forge's on-the-fly architecture that doesn't always work well.)

And sometimes I forget but here is a big thank you to Huggybaby and Slightly Magic. Without these forums, MTG Forge would be a lesser program.
mtgrares
DEVELOPER

Re: List Your Contributions - Complete List of Helpers

Postby DennisBergkamp » 20 Oct 2009, 19:40

Merging code submissions (although hopefully that'll change somewhat with the SVN), fixing bugs, coding new features and new cards.
DennisBergkamp
AI Programmer

Postby Chris H. » 20 Oct 2009, 23:31

Oh my, I am not feeling very modest at this moment.

Testing new card releases,
adding new cards via the keywords and maintaining the keyword listing,
adding the rarity values of the new card released to the rarity files,
assists by adding to, repairing and maintaining the card-pictures.txt file,
helped to organize and create some of the AI decks used for the quest mode,
created human + AI decks and gathered other people's deck for the 100 deck archive,
now learning Java and making minor code contributions.
Chris H.
Forge Moderator

Postby zerker2000 » 21 Oct 2009, 02:48

Chris H. wrote:Oh my, I am not feeling very modest at this moment.
Me neither :P:
Coding Spellbombs to learn most of forge functionality, Banishing Knack inspired by Æther Spellbomb, posting a topic whose discussions left forge with a hacky mana pool, making a new mana pool to replace it and recoding mana abilities, Modular keyword, other +1/+1 counter cards(Ashnod's Transmogrant / Energizer / Dragon Blood), some equipment(Blight Sickle, Umbral Mantle), Cromat, and Mutavault.
O forest, hold thy wand'ring son
Though fears assail the door.
O foliage, cloak thy ravaged one
In vestments cut for war.

--Eladamri, the Seed of Freyalise
zerker2000
Programmer

Postby Rob Cashwalker » 21 Oct 2009, 04:28

4/2/2008 - First submission, all missing Vanilla and French Vanilla creatures.

4/16/2008 - Added basic landwalk checks in CombatUtil.canBlock method.

4/24/2008 - Submitted landwalk creatures.

4/29/2008 - First concept of a keyword-based scripting language.

7/2/2008 Reach and Shadow, with associated creatures.

7/6/2008 "Team boost" spells, like Overrun.

7/15/2008 Added "This creature can block only creatures with flying".

7/23/2008 Hard-coded Self-pumping creatures.

9/4/2008 Self-pumping creature keyword.

9/17/2008 Last submission directly to Rares, Cantrips and Cycling.

Slightlymagic forum submissions to be continued....
The Force will be with you, Always.
Rob Cashwalker
Programmer

Postby silly freak » 21 Oct 2009, 13:04

resizable game area option
unified error reporting
restructuring of forge-files
___

where's the "trust me, that will work!" switch for the compiler?
Laterna Magica - blog, forum, project, 2010/09/06 release!
silly freak
DEVELOPER

Postby nantuko84 » 21 Oct 2009, 13:19

made first version that used card pictures in the game instead of just text boxes (yep, there was time when were no card images on the table)
added several cards
deck editor filtering

:) Rob Cashwalker, do you write down all changes you've made in changelog?) btw, seems it is not recent, as it says 2008, not 2009
nantuko84
DEVELOPER

Postby Rob Cashwalker » 21 Oct 2009, 19:23

All the submissions I had up there were emailed direct to Rares, so it was easy to back track... no, I didn't have it written previously. And it quite definitely was 2008. There were a couple items I had forgotten about.

Here on the forum, all I have to do is search for topics that I started, and it should summarize everything else.
The Force will be with you, Always.
Rob Cashwalker
Programmer

Postby DennisBergkamp » 21 Oct 2009, 19:39

I actually do keep all my changes in some kind of a changelog (a big text file). There's a bunch more from pre 2009, from before I got a new laptop .... if anyone's interested in reading it(I really doubt it), this is basically just all of my "beta releases" text strung together:

Code: Select all
-(hopefully) fixed state based effects. Main cards to test would be Essence Warden and Soul warden, I hope there won't be any retroactive lifegain going on anymore.
-removed first strike, double strike and lifelink from Llanowar Elves (it was just not meant to be :) )
-fixed some exalted issues, now if multiple attackers attack, and all but one of the attackers are sacrificed,
 then the single attacker won't end up receiving exalted bonuses anymore.
- Fixed Morph - should only be able to play a morph creature face down during main phase1 or 2, and should be able to "morph up"
 anytime now.
- fixed control magicced ("Memnarched") rebels / mercenaries fetch, also Counterbalance, Rootwater Thief, Sliver Overlord - they shouldn't check the original controller's library anymore.
- Added in some AI attack logic for exalted (AI will first check if a mass attack could kill the player, if not, it will check and see if there are 3 or more creatures with exalted in play, OR Rafiq of the Many, OR 2 or Battlegrace Angels, then it will only attack with its largest attacker).
- Fixed damage not being removed from Cavern Harpy when it gets bounced.
- Fixed exalted not working correctly during planeswalker combat.
- Fixed First / Double Strikers not being able to damage planeswalkers.
- Fixed Lifelink not happening when attacking planeswalkers.
- Fixed First/Double strike computer attack: originally, Human blockers without first strike oftentimes wouldn't hurt first strike computer attackers, and vice versa, the computer's attackers wouldn't hurt the human blockers either.
- Fixed Creatures with Flying/Unblockable/etc. and a landwalking ability being able to get blocked by creatures that should not be able to block them, just because the blocker's controller did not control a land of the landwalk-type (for instance, Bayou Dragonfly getting blocked by Vine-Trellis because the controller of the latter has no swamps in play).
- Hopefully fixed the AI being able to devour Human's creatures when animating it from Human's graveyard.
- Fixed Shatter (would crash if human tried to cast it), it is also an instant now instead of a sorcery.

New Cards:

- Loxodon Hierarch, Jedit's Dragoons, Teroh's Faithful, Spiritual Guardian, Staunch Defenders, Shu Soldier-Farmers
- Aven Trailblazer
- Aven Brigadier, this card has awesome synnergy with Preeminent Captain, and of course Aven Riftwatcher :)
- Field Marshal, I was seeing some funny stuff when this was in play at together with Aven Brigadier...
- Tarmogoyf
- Slith Predator, Slith Ascendant, Slith Bloodletter, Slith Firewalker, Slith Strider
- A bunch of "when this creature becomes blocked" cards:
  Silkenfist Fighter, Silkenfist Order, Saprazzan Heir, Elven Warhounds, Quagmire Lamprey, Alley Grifters, Sylvan Basilisk, Corrupt Official, Chambered Nautilus

- Fixed Sylvan Basilisk.
- Fixed Mobilization only giving vigilance to controlled creatures.
- Fixed Aven Brigadier / Field Marshal only pumping controlled creatures.
- Fixed some things that could potentially break things with Bad Moon / Crusade.
- Fixed Order of Whiteclay.
- Fixed some of the "when something comes into play" statebased effects: Reach of Branches, Baru, Fist of Krosa, Angelic Chorus, Essence Warden, Soul Warden.
- Fixed Rootwater Thief not gaining Flying.
- When playing around with the already existing tester, I added a few really nasty hacks to allow attacking with raging goblin on turn 1.
- Rob Cashwalker made a bunch of cleanups to the code (a lot of warnings in eclipse when using a 1.5 or higher, it should be less than 500 now ).

- Fixed Titanic Ultimatum (already done in the fix).
- Fixed Bad Moon and Crusade (already done in the fix).
- Fixed some more Fear / Flying blocking issues.
- Fixed Oubliette card text.
- Fixed Echoing Truth dialog text.
- Fixed Faceless Butcher, Oblivion, Oubliette
- Fixed Bringer (could not use multiple ones before this)
- Fixed Vindicate, cannot destroy indestructible permanents anymore.
- Fixed another first strike / lifelink issue: first strikers with multiple instances of lifelink will gain life for each instance of lifelink now.
- Fixed Spawnwrithe (should make a copy of itself now if blocked, and trample damage spills over).

- Updated rarities (thanks Gando!)
- New keywords: "Wither" and "Whenever a creature dealt damage by this card this turn is put into a graveyard, put a +1/+1 counter on this card."
- Fixed Titanic Ultimatum, Bad Moon and Crusade (these fixes were already present in the fix file I posted in the bug thread).
- Fixed some more Fear / Flying blocking issues.
- Fixed Oubliette card text.
- Fixed Echoing Truth dialog text.
- Fixed Faceless Butcher and Oblivion Ring .... if one of them leaves play in response to their coming into play ability, they will (correctly) remove their target from the game forever. I still have to fix Oubliette, I don't think it triggers on coming into play like Oblivion Ring does.
- Fixed Bringer of the Green Dawn and Bringer of the White Dawn (only one would trigger if multiple were in play).
- Fixed Vindicate, cannot destroy indestructible permanents anymore.
- Fixed another first strike / lifelink issue: first strikers with multiple instances of lifelink will gain life for each instance of lifelink now.
- Fixed Spawnwrithe (should make a copy of itself now if blocked, and trample damage spills over).

New cards:
[code]
AEther Vial
Artifact
At the beginning of your upkeep, you may put a charge counter on Æther Vial.

Wild Nacatl
G
Creature Cat Warrior
Wild Nacatl gets +1/+1 as long as you control a Mountain. Wild Nacatl gets +1/+1 as long as you control a Plains.
1/1

Goblin Lackey
R
Creature Goblin
Whenever Goblin Lackey deals damage to a player, you may put a Goblin permanent card from your hand into play.
1/1

Exploration
G
Enchantment
no text

Fastbond
G
Enchantment
no text

Tempest of Light
2 W
Instant
Destroy all enchantments.

Hush
3 G
Sorcery
Cycling:2

Tranquility
2 G
Sorcery

Spiritmonger
3 B G
Creature Beast
Whenever Spiritmonger deals damage to a creature, put a +1/+1 counter on Spiritmonger.
6/6
RegenerateMe:B

Mirri the Cursed
2 B B
Legendary Creature Vampire Cat
Whenever Mirri the Cursed deals combat damage to a creature, put a +1/+1 counter on Mirri the Cursed.
3/2
First Strike
Flying
Haste

Sengir Bats
1 B B
Creature Bat
no text
1/2
Flying
Whenever a creature dealt damage by this card this turn is put into a graveyard, put a +1/+1 counter on this card.

Garza Zol, Plague Queen
4 U B R
Legendary Creature Vampire
Whenever Garza Zol deals combat damage to a player, you may draw a card.
5/5
Flying
Haste
Whenever a creature dealt damage by this card this turn is put into a graveyard, put a +1/+1 counter on this card.

Sengir Vampire
3 B B
Creature Vampire
no text
4/4
Flying

Sedge Troll
2 R
Creature Troll
Sedge Troll gets +1/+1 as long as you control a Swamp.
2/2
RegenerateMe:B

Hedge Troll
2 G
Creature Troll Cleric
Sedge Troll gets +1/+1 as long as you control a Plains.
2/2
RegenerateMe:W

Lockjaw Snapper
Artifact Creature Scarecrow
When Lockjaw Snapper is put into a graveyard from play, put a -1/-1 counter on each creature with a -1/-1 counter on it.
2/2
Wither

Cinderbones
2 B
Creature Elemental Skeleton
no text
1/1
Wither
RegenerateMe:1 B

Duergar Cave-Guard
3 R
Creature Dwarf Warrior
no text
1/3
Wither
PTPump R:+1/+0
PTPump W:+1/+0

Twinblade Slasher
G
Creature Elf Warrior
Play this creature only once each turn.
1/1
PTPump 1 G:+2/+2
Wither

Juvenile Gloomwidow
G G
Creature Spider
no text
1/3
Reach
Wither[/code]

Spiritmonger - haven't implemented the color change ability yet.
AEther Vial - AI will just put Charge counters on there during his turn no matter what...

- Updated date displayed at the top from 02/2009 to 04/2009 :)
- Added the ability to view removed cards from both the player's and computer's removed from game zone.
- New keywords: Protection from {color}, Shroud and Flanking.
- Hybrid mana is now supported, thank you rares :) Chris gave me the fixes in cards.txt to currently existing hybrid mana fakers in MTGForge.
- Rhys the Redeemed works now without resorting to hacky code (and he should trigger cards like Quirion Dryad now)
- Added some AI code for Scarblade Elite (hopefully its AI side will actually work now?)
- Fixed Seizan, Perverter of Truth
- Fixed Flame Spirit
- Fixed Wild Nacatl
- Fixed Meng Huo
- Fixed creatures with Fear being able to get blocked by face down morphs
- Fixed Widwen the Biting Gale
- Nicol Bolas AI (first ability) should be fixed
- Fixed being unable to assign damage to multiple blockers when using the old non-resizable GUI
- Fixed Kiki Jiki mirror breaker targeting facedown creatures
- Fixed Anaba Shaman text
- Fixed Keening Banshee (will give target -2/-2 until EOT instead of dealing 2 damage to it).
- Fixed Man-o'-War where if the only creature on the human's side is sacrificed in response to it coming into play, it will target itself instead of null.
- Stonecloaker should be fixed.

- Attempt Flanking X / Bushido ?
- trample damage will be set to 0 if blocked by multiple creatures ?
- make a canDestroyBlocker (too many exceptions now). X
- make a setColor(Color c) in Card which overrides manacost...
- try to fix Sower of Temptation
- try to fix Memnarch (haste) ?
- try to fix lifelink not happening for an attacking AI doublestriker
- try to fix AI not assigning full damage to multiple blockers (just lethal damage)
- try to fix Lands with tap abilities being able to use their own mana (Mikikoro, X
- Implement Deathtouch X
- Implement Champion

=============================================================================================================

- Fixed Timberwatch Elves (and other cards that use input_targetCreature_NoCost_TapAbility), they should not be able to target creatures with protection from {color} / shroud
- Fixed AI devour: AI should devour any 1/1, 1/2 and 0/2 creature it finds (I should probably include a general method somewhere that returns all valuable creatures... (Prodigal Sorcerer, Rhys the Redeemed, Elvish Piper, etc.)
- I think I fixed Lifelink not triggering during planeswalker combat for non-first strikers.
- Fixed Wilt-Leaf Cavaliers' text.
- Fixed Divinity of Pride.
- Fixed some issues with cards that trigger when damaging a player and trample (Spawnwrithe, Slith Predator)
- AI shouldn't use Rhys' second ability unless there are 2 or more tokens in play.
- AI should be able to use Elvish Farmer / Mycologist sack saproling for life ability now (will do it when his life < 6)
- A 1/5 wall blocking a Deft Duelist should actually destroy the Deft Duelist
- Fixed Rolling Stones, all walls can attack now, it used to only affect the walls the controlling player controls
- Quest mode will start with 6 extra red commons and because I'm so generous 1 extra red uncommon :) Anyway, I hope this makes red more playable...

==============================================================================================================

- Merged rares' quest changes code, and included Chris' latest quest files.
- Fixed lands with tap abilities being able to use mana to pay for those abilities (Mikokoro, Center of the Sea, Kher Keep, Pendelhaven, etc.)
- Added different images for basic lands (change them to your favorites in card-pictures.txt)
- Fixed some problem with fetching Rebels/Mercenaries
- Fixed Hush Cycling
- Fixed Cover of Darkness
- Fixed Guardian of Cloverdell AI lifegain?
- Lightning Helix cast by the AI should not cause crashes anymore.
- Fixed Stalker Hag.
- Added Changeling keyword (only works on creatures for now though I think?), and fixed existing cards that were supposed to have Changeling, thank you Chris for pointing them out.
- Added Protection from creatures (largely untested)
- Fixed Demonic Tutor (can only cast it during your own turn now).
- Fixed display of -1/-1 counters (it would show a negative number).
- Fixed Lockjaw Snapper.
- Fixed some issues with the AI targeting side of Oblivion Ring 
- AI Guiltfeeder should attack now.
- Fixed crash with Aether Vial for AI... however, turns out the thing is still broken, for now, don't put this card in any AI decks
- Fixed Zur the Enchanter, will only be able to get enchantments with manacost 3 or less.
- Vampiric creatures should not receive +1/+1 counters as they're hitting the graveyard anymore.
- Fixed a crash with Faceless Butcher when its target is null, and the AI shouldn't play it when there's no targetable creatures in play...

Terminate, Unmake
Maelstrom Pulse
Jenara, Asura of War
Fable of Wolf and Owl
Sighted Caste-Sorcerer
Brainbite
Vithian Renegades
Steely Resolve
Cloudchaser Eagle, Aven Cloudchaser, Monk Realist
Commander Eesha, Beloved Chaplain
Bunch of deathtouch cards

======================================================================================================================
Nantuko Husk, Fallen Angel, Phyrexian Ghoul
Ethersworn Adjudicator
Morphling
Spectral Procession
Smother
Entomb
Siege-Gang Commander
Goblin Matron
Terravore
Trinket Mage
Nullmage Shepherd
Figure of Destiny
Okina, Temple to the Grandfathers
======================================================================================================================

Bonesplitter
Artifact Equipment
Equipped Creature gets +2/+0.
Equip 2:+2/+0

Bonesaw
Artifact Equipment
Equipped creature gets +1/+0.
Equip 1:+1/+0

Blight Sickle
Artifact Equipment
Equipped creature gets +1/+0 and has wither.
Equip 2:+1/+0/Wither

- added "Protection from artifacts" keyword.
- added "Untap:{cost}" keyword (Blizzard Elemental, Morphling, Ethersworn Adjudiator, horseshoe crab, ... ).
- Fixed some Changeling issues, Tribal cards with changeling should be able to be fetched correctly now as well.
- Fixed AI side for Fire Imp and Flametongue Kavu (they will target themselves now if no other legal targets exist).
- Fixed some ownership/control issues with Pongify.
- Fixed some issues with Engineered Plague / Shared Triumph and creatures with changeling.
- Kinship should work on changeling creatures now.
- Fixed all of the warnings in CardFactory.java.
- Indestructible creatures shouldn't be removed from combat anymore after "lethal" first strike damage has resolved.
- Added rares' fix for Flame Javelin
- Fixed AI targeting side of Pendelhaven
- Fixed sleight of hand being able to be played as an instant

==============================================================================
Werebear
Lord of Extinction
Lorescale Coatl
Unsummon
Nyxathid
Rakdos Pit Dragon
Chameleon Colossus
Pestermite
Call of the Herd
Deep Analysis
Chatter of the Squirrel
Beast Attack
Roar of the Wurm
Crush of Wurms
Supreme Exemplar
Nova Chaser
Mob Justice
Gilder Bairn

==============================================================================

- Added keyword "This card attacks each turn if able".
- Fixed Siege-Gang Commander, its ability should be a non-tapping ability now.
- Fixed Chandra Nalaar and Nicol Bolas, Planeswalker, should not be able to use 2nd or first ability infinitely anymore.
- Fixed Nullmage Shepherd.
- Mycologist / Elvish Shepherd AI infinite loop (crash) should be fixed now.
- Nemata, Grove Guardian and Sliver Queen should be fixed now (can't make a bunch of tokens, then cancel and untap all of your lands).
- Merged Rares Quest rebalance and other updates (sort by menu option in the deck editor).
- Fixed Nether Spirit.

===============================================================================

Changeling Berserker, Changeling Hero, Changeling Titan
Wren's Run Packmaster
Volrath's Stronghold
Academy Ruins
Kitchen Finks
Heartmender
Survival of the Fittest
Loxodon Warhammer
Lightning Greaves
Behemoth Sledge
Fireshrieker
Skullclamp
Bonesplitter
Dragon Broodmother
Tradewind Rider
Chatter of the Squirrel

===============================================================================

- Fixed Aetherflame Wall (doesn't have shadow anymore but can block creatures with shadow).
- Fixed Nova Chaser and Supreme Exemplar (three fixes: will be able to target a creature with protection or shroud now, and will be able to target creatures with changeling, and also shouldn't be able to play this anymore and skip the sac by hitting cancel).
- Fixed Cavern Harpy text (it shouldn't say an additional 2/1 - Creature Cavern Harpy anymore).
- Fixed Werebear in cards.txt (has tap: add G now).
- Fixed Siege-Gang Commander not being able to sacrifice creatures with changeling.
- Fixed Molten Rain.
- Added changeling to text of Wings of Velis Vel, Nameless Inversion and Crib Swap.
- Added stacking for the (alpha and beta) dual lands, the 5 moxen, tokens with the same name, and equipped creatures with their equipment.
- Added Persist keyword.
- Fixed Keening Banshee, creatures targeted that get shroud or protection at the last second won't get -2/-2 anymore.
- Fixed a lot of the damage spells being able to target creatures with shroud or protection.
- Fixed Nemata, Grove Guardian being able to make saprolings from hand.
- Fixed some double strike / lifelink stuff.
- Added rares' fix for quest data rarities.
- Added Rob's abDamageCP {mana/T}:{damage} keyword, and converted a bunch of existing cards to use this keyword.
- Fixed Intrepid Hero still destroying creatures even if their power was reduced to a number lower than 4.
- Added Rob's Cantrip keyword code, but I haven't added any spells with this yet.
- Small fix in Psionic Blast canPlayAI() code.
==================================================================================

Debtors' Knell
Progenitus
Legacy Weapon
Seething Song
Dark Ritual
Sol Ring
Gaea's Cradle
Tolarian Academy
Serra's Sanctum
Priest of Titania

==================================================================================

- Fixed Dragon Broodmother (will make a token each upkeep now) and will make a token AFTER Mycoloth and Bitterblossom trigger.
- Moved Moxen to the land panel.
- Stacking tokens can be declared as attackers now just by clicking on the top card of the stack (they will tap and attack as long as they don't have sickness and are untapped).
- Similarly, Moxen can be tapped for mana, just by clicking on the top Mox of the stack.
- Fixed Rathi Assassin (AI can't target black creatures anymore, and its ability should not be usable if it has summoning sickness).
- Fixed Cloudseeder.
- Fixed Terminate/Devour in Shadow.
- Fixed Brawn.
- Added new keyword "When this card is put into a graveyard from anywhere, reveal this card and shuffle it into its owner's library instead.", and updated Darksteel Colossus + Serra Avatar.
- Fixed Glint-Eye Nephilim.
- Fixed Tradewind Rider AI part.
- Fixed Wirewood Hivemaster not triggering on cards with changeling coming into play.
- Fixed Echoing Decay (didn't destroy tokens with the same name), and instead of dealing 2 damage it will actually give the card(s) -2/-2 until end of turn.
- Some cases of the "Pay Mana Cost:" bug should be fixed now (where manacost is zero/empty).
- Fixed Wydwen, the Biting Gale.
- Fixed Horde of Notions.
- Fixed Persist (sometimes cards would come back into play tapped).
- Fixed Sliver Queen.
- Fixed an issue with Skullclamp.

====================================================================================

- Fixed (added) Elephant Ambush.
- Fixed issue with Echoing Truth targeting a facedown creature.
- Fixed some facedown / crusade/bad moon stuff.
- Added text to Gaea's Cradle, Tolarian Academy and Serra's Sanctum.
- Akki Drillmaster uses keyword now (thanks Zerker).
- Fixed Priest of Titania (all elves are counted now).
- Modified mana pool to just use mana with a single click, provided there are no other colors in there (thanks Zerker!).
- Fixed a bug were creatures with Indestructible would still survive even if their toughness is <= 0 (11x Skullclamp on Darksteel Colossus should kill it).
- Fixed some AI issues with Bringer of the Green/Blue/White Dawn.
- Fixed Regress.
- Fixed lifelink when Doran, the Siege Tower is in play.
- Fixed Kitchen Finks.
- Added a quick fix where creatures with persist that received buffs from exalted (or other sources) should come back just with a -1/-1 counter (no other temporary buffs).
- Fixed Brainbite.
- Fixed a lot of persist issues (dummy copy in grave, coming back equipped again).
- Added Rob's fix for adding mana from multi-manasources to the manapool.
- Temporarily removed the "add mana to manapool" abilities for Pendelhaven, Mikokoro, Center of the Sea, Academy Ruins, Kher Keep, Volrath's Stronghold and Okina, Temple to the Grandfathers, since it would mess with the text.
- Added Rob's new manapool image.
- Added Rob's "When this card comes into play, draw a card." keyword and updated old cards that should be using this. Modified it a little so it will actually use the stack.
- Fixed Equipment cards (should only be able to equip as a sorcery now).
- Fixed Rendclaw Trow manacost.
- Merged rare's new combat code.
- Fixed Disenchant / Naturalize (AI would actually ONLY cast it at human's artifacts/enchantments with indestructible, as opposed to NOT having indestructible).
- Fixed Capsize (Controller -> Owner).
- Fixed Black Vise text.
- Added some aura functionality, also reworked Control Magic and Epic Proportions to be actual auras now.

============================================================================================

Rancor
Banishing Knack (zerker)
Grim tutor, Sylvan Tutor, Imperial Seal (Sloth)
AEther Spellbomb, Lifespark Spellbomb, Pyrite Spellbomb, Necrogen Spellbomb, Sunbeam Spellbomb (zerker)
Black Lotus!!!! (Rob)
A few more cantrip creatures (Sloth)
Cromat (zerker)
few abTgtPTPump cards (Rob)
Voltaic Key, Basalt Monolith, Grim Monolith
Blight Sickle (zeker)

=============================================================================================

Reminisce
Squirrel Nest
Earthcraft
Baneslayer Angel
Honor of the Pure
Planar Cleansing
Ant Queen
Mold Adder
Holy Strength, Unholy Strength, Angelic Halo
Weakness

=============================================================================================

- Added Rob's spPumpTgt keyword, modified existing cards to use this keyword.
- Lifelink should work according to the new rules now (trigger only once even if it has multiple instances).
- Fixed Threaten, it shouldn't reset stats on creatures anymore (counters, other buffs).
- Merged rares' combat code.
- Vitu-Ghazi, the City-Tree shouldn't have its ability show up three times anymore.
- Fixed some Muraganda Petroglyph / Morph issues.
- Changed a bunch of things with Crusade, Bad Moon, Meng Huo, Barbarian King, Kaysa, ... . They should work better now (with for example morph), hopefully this didn't introduce any new bugs.
- Bonesplitter shouldn't be able to equip creatures anymore that are under the opponent's control.
- Academy Ruins and Volrath's Stronghold
 shouldn't put useless artifacts and
creatures on top of the library anymore.
- Retribution of the Meek: AI should only cast this when it makes sense to do so.
- Added some enchant land functionality (and coded Squirrel Nest as a start).
- AEther Spellbomb shouldn't bounce tokens back to a player's hand anymore, but remove them from the game instead (exile them :) ).
- Lifespark Spellbomb should work correctly now for the AI.

Palace Guard
2 W
Creature Human Soldier
no text
1/4
This card can block any number of creatures.

- Manapool should empty again after each phase.
- AI shouldn't target his own creatures anymore with Weakness.
- Fixed Mutavault text.
- Quest mode should work again.
- Slight change to Squirrel Nest (if there is only one untapped creature under the player's control, it will just tap it).
- Few new cards using Rob's new keywords (thanks Chris!).
- Prevented a few new cards the AI cannot use from showing up in generated decks.

- Fixed Rootwater Thief (cards should show up in Removed zone).
- Fixed Enchantress's Presence, Mesa Enchantress, Argothian Enchantress, Verduran Enchantress.
- Fixed Thelonite Druid.

==============================================================================================

- applied Chris' abTgtKeyword
 fix.
- Fixed Capsize (would bounce tokens to hand).

- I think I fixed Sliver Overlord (AI would try to gain control of its own slivers).
- Fixed Elvish Champion.
- Merged in a lot of changes from Silly Freak: there is an error reporting feature now that will not only show the error once one occurs, but it can also be saved into a text file.
  Should be very useful for fixing those "Computer is thinking..." bugs.
  Another addition is a progress bar for downloading card pictures, it's also possible now to use an HTTP or a SOCKS Proxy for downloading them. Awesome stuff!
- Merged Chris' changes to the deck editor (space-wise it's much more efficient now!).
- Angel / Soldier Tokens (or more correct: tokens with vigilance) should also tap and attack when clicking on the top card of the stacked tokens.
-

===============================================================================================

- Spidersilk Armor
- Lot of Mass Pump spells (thanks Sloth!)
- Lot of functional reprints + a bunch of code cleanup (thanks Sloth!)
- A lot of cards using Rob's spDrawCards and spPumpTgt keywords (thanks Chris!)

===============================================================================================

- Fixed Wall of Diffusion (doesn't have shadow now - but can block creatures with shadow).
- Fixed Goblin Skycutter (shouldn't be able to target untargetable creatures anymore).
- Fixed Turtleshell Changeling.
- Stuffy Doll with lifelink should work correctly now.
- Lifelink should also work correctly with abDamageCP (Prodigal Sorcerer, etc.)
- Fixed a bug with Sower of Tempation where it if would leave play, the controlling player of the confiscated creature wouldn't change.
- Fixed a crash with Lifespark Spellbomb on the AIs side, however, it will convert the land into a 3/3 until EOT, but still not attack with it
- Fixed Wrath of God text ("Destroy all creature.")
- Fixed a glitch where a Planeswalker is shown stacked with an enchanted/equipped creature.
- Added Horsemanship keyword.
- Added spLoseLifeGainLife keyword (thanks Chris!)
- Fixed Troll Ascetic, and added "This card can't be the target of spells or abilities your opponents control." keyword.
- Fixed a bug where the AI would target untargetable creatures with Weakness, Rancor, Brilliant Halo and Holy Strength.
- Added a big update from Silly Freak where the locations of data files / pictures, language options, and a whole lot more can be specified in text editable config files. It also contains some GUI improvements. Great stuff!!!
- This is an experimental feature, but the AI should be able to cast counterspells now, provided it has enough mana. It will not purposefully try to leave mana untapped though.
- Added "This card can't be countered." keyword.
- Added "Nonbasic landwalk" keyword.
- Fixed a bug where Nicol Bolas, Planeswalker would target untargetable permanents (including the mana pool).
- Fixed AI targeting untargetable creatures with Swords to Plowshares.
- "Morph up" abilities are actually considered abilities now (initially I incorrectly coded them as spells), so a "Morph up" can't be countered anymore.
- Fixed AI being able to cast Beast Attack from his graveyard over and over.
- Fixed Pendelhaven cost.
- Fixed Peel from Reality (shouldn't be able to target untargetable creatures anymore).
- Fixed some dead links in card-pictures.txt
- Silly Freak sent an update that should prevent the automatic resizing of the left hand panel altogether.
- Fixed a bug with Giltspire Avenger where it couldn't target creatures like Prodigal Sorcerer after they've dealt combat damage to a player.

Sarpadian Empires, Vol. VII
Warren Instigator
Devout Lightcaster
Scute Mob
Nissa's Chosen
Nissa Revane
Felidar Sovereign
Cursed Land
Caribou Range
Leafdrake Roost
Sun Quan, Lord of Wu
Privileged Position

Make these cards:

Wall of Reverence
Xiahou Dun, the One-Eyed
Ertai
Vex

Lifegift
Promise of Bunrei
Aedun Oakenshield
Augury Adept
Azorius First-Wing
Belligerent Hatchling
Coiling Oracle
Deity of Scars
Demigod of Revenge
Dune brood NEphilim
Edge of the Divinity
Enchanted Evening
Femeref Enchantress
Fracturing Gust
Gloryscale Viashino
Grief Tyrant
Grixis Grimblade
Juniper Order Ranger
Karrthus, Tyrant of Jund
Knight of the new Alara
Lightning Reaver
Mageslayer
Mirari's Wake?
Nobilis of War
Raven's Run Dragoon
reborn hope
Scarland Thrinax
Greater Auramancy
Gwendlyn Di Corci
Boris Devilboon
Axelrod Gunnarson
Karakas
Serpent Generator

- Dosan's Oldest Chant shouldn't have cycling anymore.
- Fixed Think Twice (has Flashback now)
- Fixed a bunch of Auras (AI shouldn't try to cast them on untargetable creatures now).
- Fixed a lot of small errors in cards.txt and CardFactory.
- Fixed Impulse when cast on an empty (or near empty) library.
- Fixed Secluded Steppe/Forgotten Cave.
- Added keyword "This creature can block creatures with shadow as though they didn't have shadow."
- Added Chris' fix on the properties files (how to text).
- Added Zerker's Modular keyword.
- Fixed some bugs in the combat code with shadow:
  1. creatures with flying/landwalk/etc. and shadow won't be able to be blocked merely by a creature with shadow.
  2. creatures with "This creature can block creatures with shadow as though they didn't have shadow." and shadow won't be able to block anything now.
- Fixed Sun Quan, Lord of Wu.
- Fixed Dragon Blood.
- Added a separate ImageName for tokens, and updated all token generators to provide tokens with correct names.

================================================================================================

- Zerker's manapool update. Major rework, great stuff!!!(Includes Tap: add {number} keyword, eg. Thran Dynamo). Directly paying from tapping multi-mana cards like Sol Ring should work now (as opposed to having to add the 2 mana into your manapool first).
- AI Counterspell errors should be fixed now.
- Fixed Master Transmuter(thanks Zerker!).
- Added some more error output, hopefully this should shed some light on some of the "Computer is thinking..." bugs.
- Fixed a bug with Boomerang/Eye of Nowhere being able to target untargetable permanents.
- Small modifications to AI code of Guilty Conscience (AI should be pretty good with a Guilty Conscience
/ Stuffy Doll deck now.

- Fixed Vampiric Tutor/Cruel Tutor/Imperial Seal, life is always lost even if there's no card retrieved.
- Fixed Sunastian Falconer thanks to Zerker's keyword (and thanks Chris for spotting it!)

================================================================================================

==================================================================================================

- AI should be able to use Essence Scatter now to counter creature spells.
- Fixed Academy Ruins and Volrath's Stronghold, should be unable to use their abilities if they're tapped.
- Fixed a modular bug (if AIs modular creatures get destroyed, no input dialog should pop up anymore).
- "Leaves play" triggers shouldn't happen anymore for some of the Control Magic / Threaten effects (eg. Control Magic on a Faceless Butcher shouldn't return the removed creature).
- Fixed Mox Diamond from showing up twice.
- A whole lot of "Computer is thinking..." bugs should be fixed now (lands with paid + tap abilities would crash the game because of them being tapped their manatap abilities won't work anymore).
- Fixed mana ability of Llanowar Elves produced by Llanowar Mentor.
- Fixed mana abilities for "comes into play tapped unless you pay 2 life" lands (Watery Grave, Breeding Pool, etc.), Mox Diamond and the creature lands (Faerie Conclave, Treetop Village, ...).
- Added flashback to Firebolt and Strangling Soot.
- Added new keyword "This creature can't attack"
- Added new keyword "This creature can't attack or block"
- Fixed Timetwister (will get put in graveyard).
- Fixed Ajani's artifact token, it should be updated as a state effect.
- Various fixes to the manapool, thanks Zerker!
- Lifespark Spellbomb should be fixed (yet again).
- Godsire's ability should be put on the stack right away now (no annoying Pay Mana Cost: {blank} anymore), also the AI should only use its ability during Main2. Now it will attack with it first, then produce the token.
- Spells targeting facedown creatures should not reveal the actual card name anymore, instead it will say something like "{Spell} - targeting Morph({uniqueId})".
- Added some awesome filtering stuff, thanks Nantuko!!! It's possible now to filter by type and color.
- AI should use Tremor more intelligently now.
- Certain mana ability cards should not show up when generating a deck (because AI can't use them).
- Fixed Trusty Machete equip cost.
- Added option to generate triple color decks (a few dual and triple manasymbol gold cards might make it in), also made some small adjustments to the regular "Generate Deck" function (dual gold cards might be included).
- Added option to generate a 5-color deck using only multicolor (gold) cards.
- Zur the Enchanter should be able to fetch Auras and attach them to creatures now.
- Fixed Whispers of the Muse stack description text.
- Added keywords "Enchant creature", "Enchant land" and "Enchant land you control" to all auras.
- Fixed Vithian Renegades text.
- Fixed Ashnod's Transmogrant AI targeting part, and added a sacrifice part for the AI.
- Fixed a major bug in the combat code, where effects that trigger on player combat damage would occur AGAIN on the next (opponent's!) turn.
- Fixed landfall not working for the AI.
- Changed the order of spells going to the graveyard and spells resolving.
- Added Rob's enhanced spDamageTgt keyword! Since it looks very complex, I haven't added any cards with it yet.
==================================================================================================
Rukh Egg
Vexing Beetle
Loxodon Punisher
Uril, the Miststalker
Rabid Wombat
Goblin Grenade

- Fixed Life Burst and Kjeldoran Warcry.
- Zerker submitted a manapool related fix.
- Fixed Tremor (it shouldn't damage pro red creats anymore).
- Fixed Kazandu Blademaster in cards.txt.
- Fixed card-pictures.txt.
- Fixed Volrath's Stronghold, Academy Ruins (before, I think they would put the Creature/Artifact on the BOTTOM of yourlibrary instead).
- Fixed Aether Spellbomb.
- The Ally creatures that trigger when entering the battlefield should still trigger even if their creature type is not ally anymore for some reason (Conspiracy).
- Fixed Zendikar lands, they should enter play tapped now.
- AI will try to choose a smarter creature type for the following cards: Conspiracy/Engineered Plague/Shared Triumph/Steely Resolve/Cover of Darkness and Belbe's Portal. It's still not brilliant though, but it should make a smarter choice than merely "Sliver".
- Fixed a bug with Conspiracy set to Ally and Ally cards (their abilities would trigger on noncreatures coming into play).
- AI should know how to use the Turntimber Ranger and Conspiracy combo now (it will stop after it sees 15 wolves under his control - I set this to 20 at first but really 15 is enough, and it takes ages to click through the stack if there are more Ally creatures in play).
- Added a cycle Command, and fixed Renewed Faith.
- Fixed Spidersilk Net manacost.
- Fixed Patrol Signaler (shouldn't be able to put its ability on the stack multiple times). However, untapping is still part of its resolution, not part of the cost :(
- Fixed 1.5 related issues (hopefully all of them).
- Merged some fixes Rob submitted related to the new keyword.
- Turned Commands of cards into ArrayLists of Commands, hopefully this won't cause any weird bugs... it's a big change though, so it probably will :)
- AI should only discard a few cards to Wild Mongrel (before activating, hand size has to be bigger than 3).

=====================================================================================================

- Fixed Hammerfist Giant.
- Added Nantuko's awesome type and color filters to the Quest DeckEditor.
- Added "Legendary landwalk" keyword.
- Added "This card can't be the target of Aura spells." keyword.
- Shouldn't be able to play abilities of the AI anymore (thanks to Zerker for getting me on the right track!)
- Fixed some bugs with the spDamageTgt keyword (Lava Flow, Sunder from Within would crash the game when played by AI).
- Fixed Careful Study (human player will discard 2 cards now instead of one) and some other spDraw keyword cards.
- Finally added two extra phases:
  1. pre combat phase (so "tap" abilities can be played on the AI's potential attackers - this phase will only show up if the AI has creatures in play that are able to attack)
  2. post declared attackers phase (for playing creatures with Flash that can potentially block creatures the AI is attacking with - this phase will only show up if the AI is attacking with creatures).
- Added "Protection from enchantments" keyword.
EDIT: this shows all of the changes I've made to the upcoming version, all the way at the bottom (doesn't show all of the new cards though).
DennisBergkamp
AI Programmer

Postby mtgrares » 22 Oct 2009, 19:59

nantuko84 wrote:made first version that used card pictures in the game instead of just text boxes (yep, there was time when were no card images on the table)
I actually forgot who sent me that code update. It was probably the first major code update that someone else wrote.
mtgrares
DEVELOPER

Postby mtgrares » 22 Oct 2009, 20:14

I'll try to write about everyone's contributions on my blog and add it to the readme. Thanks again for everyone's help. Eric S. Raymond (open source programmer guy) wrote that open source is a "gift" culture that rewards people based on the size of their contribution, basically you get gratitude instead of cool cash. You can read more Eric Raymond and his writings here.

Below is Eric Raymond's 19 steps to creating good open source software, I'll write my (witty) response in parentheses.

1. Every good work of software starts by scratching a developer's personal itch. (I want to play Magic against an AI.)

2. Good programmers know what to write. Great ones know what to rewrite and reuse.

3. Plan to throw one away; you will, anyhow. (MTG Forge version 1, ouch.)

4. If you have the right attitude, interesting problems will find you. (Magic and AI are interesting.)

5. When you lose interest in a program, your last duty to it is to hand it off to a competent successor. (Hi, Dennis :))

6. Treating your users as co-developers is your least-hassle route to rapid code improvement and effective debugging. (Dennis and Rob are administrators on the Google Project page.)

7.Release early. Release often. And listen to your customers. (What's a customer?)

8. Given a large enough beta-tester and co-developer base, almost every problem will be characterized quickly and the fix obvious to someone. (We need more people, ha.)

9.Smart data structures and dumb code works a lot better than the other way around. (Hm..I think I need an example please.)

10.If you treat your beta-testers as if they're your most valuable resource, they will respond by becoming your most valuable resource.

11.The next best thing to having good ideas is recognizing good ideas from your users. Sometimes the latter is better.

12. Often, the most striking and innovative solutions come from realizing that your concept of the problem was wrong.

13. Perfection (in design) is achieved not when there is nothing more to add, but rather when there is nothing more to take away.

14. Any tool should be useful in the expected way, but a truly great tool lends itself to uses you never expected. (Example please, I'm confused. Does cards.txt count?)

15. When writing gateway software of any kind, take pains to disturb the data stream as little as possible—and never throw away information unless the recipient forces you to! (MTG Forge is NOT a gateway drug.)

16. When your language is nowhere near Turing-complete, syntactic sugar can be your friend.

17.A security system is only as secure as its secret. Beware of pseudo-secrets. (MTG Forge has no secrets, so it is very secure.)

18.To solve an interesting problem, start by finding a problem that is interesting to you. (Again, Magic and AI.)

19.Provided the development coordinator has a communications medium at least as good as the Internet, and knows how to lead without coercion, many heads are inevitably better than one. (That would be Dennis and not me =D>)
mtgrares
DEVELOPER

Postby silly freak » 22 Oct 2009, 20:24

9.Smart data structures and dumb code works a lot better than the other way around. (Hm..I think I need an example please.)
i think you could just say "instead of hacking new data in the current data structure, just make your data structure fit"... maybe the whole thing with ArrayList<Command> and such fits here. don't try to make a command that does the combined thing, but use multiple commands
___

where's the "trust me, that will work!" switch for the compiler?
Laterna Magica - blog, forum, project, 2010/09/06 release!
silly freak
DEVELOPER

Postby mtgrares » 22 Oct 2009, 20:50

Yeah, I just posted this to the developer's forum about splitting up CardFactory. (Sorry for the cross-post.)

The decorator pattern would be a good way to create a card's effect, SpellAbility.resolve().

Code: Select all
SpellAbilityList list = new SpellAbilityList();

list.add (new DamageTargetPlayer(4));
list.add (new DrawCard(1));

//then to resolve
list.resolve();
Obviously there are many details to hammer out, such as how does the effect know which player to damage? Code reuse is good and yet very hard to do.
mtgrares
DEVELOPER

Postby Mr.Chaos » 23 Oct 2009, 06:00

I guess I am one of the longest cotributing peeps here. Not doing any coding, just playing the game and stumbling onto errors, bugs and other flaws.
In the early days, Rares just had his blog and I emailed him about bugs I found. Then, maybe 6-9 months later (memory fails me on the exact timeline here), the game got a spot here on the forum and things realy took off.
So yeah, I've been around a while, doing something close to nothing, not enough to earn my pay, just enough not to get fired. :wink:
Still playing, hunting bugs and uploading crazy decks.
](*,) = coder at work, according to a coder.It does explain some of the bugs. :wink:
Mr.Chaos
Tester

Postby apthaven » 24 Oct 2009, 06:47

Since I am not programmer, my contributions here to Forge would mostly be limited to testing the cards and their interactions, and posting bugs in the forum. I also love to create Decks for Forge and help out in any way I can.

In some ways, I've also posted Forge in my blog and help promote in some other sites. I want this project to grow big :)

It's been a year of me playing Forge, and I see that I haven't been really bored here. So I'll just continue to help around and be of use.
"I am a man and real men do not consume pink beverages. Get thee gone woman, and bring me something brown." - Jace Wayland
apthaven
Tester

Next

Return to Forge