It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 20:52

Text Size

Renaming Decks

Moderators: timmermac, Blacksmith, KrazyTheFox, Agetian, friarsol, CCGHQ Admins

Renaming Decks

Postby Arcady » 05 Oct 2015, 15:39

I renamed some of my decks from within Windows Explorer. Now, I have to manually copy those decks into my Forge decks directory every time I want to play Forge. Forge will load and show me those decks with their old name. When I exit Forge it then deletes them. So I'm now in a state where I copy my decks to the Forge directory prior to launching Forge each and every time.
Arcady

Re: Renaming Decks

Postby drdev » 05 Oct 2015, 18:32

Arcady wrote:I renamed some of my decks from within Windows Explorer. Now, I have to manually copy those decks into my Forge decks directory every time I want to play Forge. Forge will load and show me those decks with their old name. When I exit Forge it then deletes them. So I'm now in a state where I copy my decks to the Forge directory prior to launching Forge each and every time.
I'd suggest renaming decks within Forge in the future to avoid this issue.
drdev
Programmer

Postby Arcady » 15 Jul 2016, 13:41

So, the only way to give a deck a new name is to rebuild it within Forge and name it how you want. There is no method of renaming a deck whether within Forge or outside of it where it will not just revert to the old name.
Arcady

Postby CptKird » 03 Mar 2018, 17:01

Hello,

I know I'm animating a dead (post) here, but it's those little things which keep distracting a new Forge user like myself and I also would like to know, where the renaming option hides in Desktop Forge for Windows?

Since I keep renaming e.g. my draft decks on Android to keep track of progress (only single match mode is "stable" enough and sometimes I need several days to finish one draft pool), I was looking for a solution for the Windows client as well.

For example, "MRD - WB FLYYY" becomes "MRD - WB FLYYY - 1" or "MRD - WB FLYYY - 12345" for each beaten Ai deck of that pool.

My workaround for the windows client atm is renaming the deck folder here (Win 7) "C:\Users\YOU\AppData\Roaming\Forge\decks\draft\" and textedit the 2nd line in "human.dck" to reflect the folder name.

A Forge restart is needed to make the change visible.

Just in case someone was looking for some kind of solution.
All the best
Kird

PS:
I'd suggest renaming decks within Forge in the future to avoid this issue.
How? Where? Wh..? Appreciate some pointers :D

Edit: Never mind, in Deck Builder is a "Save as" Button I missed...
CptKird

Return to Forge